Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Okay how about …

Faction mirror matches past the point of sanity.
Arena existing.
Campaign events.
Campaign “UI”.
Campaign objectives that should be available at the same time but aren’t.
Soul forge still being in the “games” section.
Medals’ “UI”.
World Events and their total lack of consistency.

Bonus points for 5.0 only giving us Campaigns and not fixing anything.

5 Likes

There were lots of Gems in the AB yesterday, and I think I forgot to do them.

Normally I’d do them as one of the first things, but I decided to play through the Campaign Tasks without using a datamined/spoiler list of the Tasks, and this meant leaving AB uncompleted in case it popped up as one.

Obviously, I could have done all the valuable AB battles except for one (lessons for next time), or remembered after finishing the Campaign Tasks that I could go ahead with the AB, or looked at a spoiler list of Tasks (not in-game) – but I’m still annoyed at the design aspect that has failed to address this.

I don’t have the mental bandwidth atm to micromanage my GoW playing, which is exactly what the strict order and lack of previewing of Campaign Tasks requires.

• (“So just do your AB at the start per normal, and if you get held up, just do the other Tasks on a different day” → that sounds super lame and annoying, and still counts as micromanagement; if I want to continue with Campaign Tasks, I have to set up a little, mini timer in my head that reminds me the next day, “Oh, you can continue with the Campaign now!” Lame.)

If the Tasks for the week were able to be previewed, or if you could see them all and then select your ‘Active’ Tasks, I’d be able to have a look, see there are no AB Tasks, and go straight ahead and do them.

So yeah, annoyed, lame, with seemingly easy solutions that have been rejected without any kind of explanation around the overarching design goals and how it might not align with that. If you want the player base to be effective in coming up with suggestions, feature requests, etc., it would really help to give more context.

2 Likes

@Jonathan

You have whole week to do those task (or even more). You dont have to micro them to fulfill them on Monday… You can (almost) play as usual and complete tasks on following days.
I see no real reason for Monday-pushing of any campaign tasks (maybe apart from GW week, where every slight advantage might matter)

as for things that might annoy people:

losing a battle in GW, to enemy who’s last troop had 1 hp and was bleeding just a turn before it was cleansed and eventualy killed my last troop with skull falling from nowhere. RNG sometimes hates me…

Even if I didn’t need to finish all Tasks the very next day, and if we assume that I do want to finish all Tasks, it’s still not a system where I can login at any point during the week and work on it at my own pace – the possibility remains to be caught out, and if you don’t want to be caught out, which I would assert is a reasonable thing to not want, that generally requires a bit of micromanagement.

Edit: I think I’m gonna add that I don’t think this should really be a place for discussing whether or not it makes sense to be angry about something?

1 Like

If you want to finish all at one day, then you have to micromanage and sometimes even spend gems (do 6 dungeons battle as one example).
But that’s what you imply on yourself, not the devs. Nobody is forcing you to do so. Not completing tasks in whole week also does not affect you → you can do them next week (unless it’s the last week of campain).
I’d say that most people get angry because of what they force themselves to do.
And that’s a general rule about life, not only GoW :wink:

Thanks

I’m not sure that unwillingness to spend gems is the problem in that particular example.

Using LoS - none of the browns create a 3 or 4 match, but AI gets 4 followup skull attacks.
Then casting WQ - and getting no matches, but AI slaughters my team.

I agree with Jonathan, and I also agree that the way the Campaign Tasks are locked and not visible is really, really annoying.

And it’s not even (just) because it makes it harder to complete them in one day, but rather because it makes them harder to complete efficiently.

I like to play efficiently. That’s fun for me. When artificial blockades to efficient play are introduced to the game, I am dismayed.

And I am on record as saying I think the Campaign Tasks are completed too quickly, because the difficulty seems skewed in a weird way. Literally the only things that make then take awhile are artificial time gates, like not being able to know ahead of time what to expect (thus either hold back or trust that there is no way to misplay and therefore miss out — impossible to do for reasons involved in blindly trusting the design to be well-thought-out) or tasks that, in their inception, cannot be done in a day.

In my ideal Campaign layout, we’d be able to see all the week’s tasks at the outset and plan accordingly, as Jonathan suggests. We’d also (maybe) be able to pick the three active things at once, to allow for overlaps as I see fit. And — most importantly — the difficulty of gold tasks should be for 5-ish days of playtime to accomplish with “normal” play, 3-ish for “targeted” play. 4ish-vs-2ish for Silver, and 2ish to 1ish for Bronze.

Then the free rewards would be increased as a result. Takes 4 times the time and is 4 times as meaningful as a result, so make the gold given way higher. Feel free to keep the other things the same if it’s deemed “too generous” to the free track, but I’m also of the opinion that a few other goodies like writs or shards or low-rarity tokens wouldn’t break the system in any way.

(And for those wondering, I did spend my birthday money to get Kurandara, so I’m not just some entitled person saying “give me more free things” the way some on these boards like to dismiss the opinions of any F2P person, which is also a mentality with which I disagree and don’t mean to reinforce, but which I wanted to get ahead of because it seems necessary not only to state an opinion these days but also defend it from detractors in advance /run-on rant).

4 Likes

Agree. Only 3 weeks into the campaign and I find the brief tasks to be tedious and pointless. I’d much prefer ones that took time. Possibly, with a series of sub-items to complete an overall task. The brevity of the tasks makes the current situation worse.

1 Like

Thats was Hilarious, live the drama…

I lasted about three minutes into reading the patch notes, let alone opening the game - no idea why its taking longer for anyone …

I go to do the delve event. blue and green. Okay rowanne, maraji queen for mana, leprechaun… nice. now for hero… black manacles and archer for green storm. Ah can’t forget banner, green green blue. perfect! Oops, almost forgot medals, gotta switch from magic to armor. Still have to go to the world map for some reason (even though medals came out 10 months ago at this point). Oh well, [click back button]. Come back and… all my team changes are reverted.

angry

19 Likes

So, on World’s Dumbest (TruTV) this same guy does this when playing a different game. Wonder if it’s staged.

The dude in the gif is Boogie. He has a YT and Twitch channel. He plays a character named Francis who gets emotional about games. Mostly WoW and Magic.

2 Likes

Said it before-say it again -everything -but a special call out to Amarok- absolute card nonsense

With the amount of Underworld Kingdoms that have been introduced they need to get rid of the 3 delve a day limit and treat them like a normal kingdom explore.

Even at high level delves, it takes forever to earn chaos shards to unlock their troops and treasure cards to upgrade the the underworld. The cost of gold to upgrade the horde as well is already really expensive.

Personally they should just get rid of need the treasure cards and it should just cost gold to upgrade the horde.

The fact you actually have to pay real money to counter RNG advantage

Today’s daily delves at SoS 500 faction

Game 2

Game 3

2 Mushroom casts - two transforms @20% ( AI 100% on first cast ) chance
3 Night Hag casts - three transforms @33.3% ( AI 100% on first cast ) chance

5 of 5, 100% success rate.

Bleh, Gorbil failed with the 100% rate, next room (for once!)

:grimacing: :slight_smile:

11 Likes

The excitement of getting a Pet Gnome in the first PvP of the day! :smile:
But it’s for Trogpole which I already have at max level. :rage:
Why not give me a rescue for a pet I haven’t maxed, yet?