Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Flattery may get you nowhere, but at least bribery can send you to jail.

Someone mentioned myfaction hate peeve, drown sailor deathing your team, NO CLEANSES FROM 3 CEDRIC MEDALS? Close second, your main attack is AOE, no biggie. They cast an effect, gain submerged. Now its a problem, you either: Get them to skull you, AOE returned, OR find skulls yourself in the midst of the 40+ gems you just created.

1 Like

Everything- what more needs to be said

Reading the word ‘Sword’ under Dawnbringer.

2 Likes

Not so much Gems of War related.
But more Gems of Forum related.

Seeing special emphasis being placed on an individuals comment because they keep deleting their posts so it looks like they haven’t posted in a while. Despite them commenting at least once a week.
Sorry if it reads as passive aggressive. There isn’t another way to air my minor grievance without it being considered a call out.
And to be honest…I don’t know why it bothers me. But it does. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Infernal King :rage:.

I just had him respawn 5x in a row during the last battle in a Pet Rescue. Good thing I started when there was ~7 minutes left or I would not have finished in time.

Always angered by sponging freeloader guild tourists (often ALT accounts which are also dischuffing). There’s got to be a way to stop the hoppers getting rewards, such as witholding all rewards until you’ve met the minimums in your debut week. This week is hoppity hop ALT nirvana. Not only do these guys get stuff for nothing; they also disrupt wars performance. This needs to be stoppity stopped. Infuriating.

4 Likes

Losing a GW match because you forgot to double check which medals are active and remembering after half your goblin team is frozen. :frowning:

6 Likes

Yes, it would be useful if you could see the Active medals without having to exit to the main screen :+1:

PS And change them from the GW screen!

4 Likes

What makes me angry: saving up every gem, glory, and guild key for a month and then not getting a new mythic, knowing that I need to then start saving up the same keys again for the next mythic, and never getting a chance to get that previous mythic because I’m stuck in a cycle.

9 Likes

LOL For me, it’s being cheated out of a Guild War win. When a troop converts a color and impossibly create 3 extra colors just to get that “extra turn” and rain with cascades causing me to lose. LOL

1 Like

Nerfing stuff then giving us a cowardly explanation as to the reason for the change (usually an attempt to offload responsibility onto some invisible fringe of the playerbase) rather than be honest about it. What makes me mad about GoW? Its the same as what makes me mad in real life… pathological liars.

1 Like

Realizing the devs of this game probably never played it themselves really grinds my gears.

9 Likes

Guild wars.
Specifically, an unequal playing field thanks to higher kingdom and factions levels etc, and teams that require that 1 specific counterbuild or you won’t stand a chance.
Getting 1 turn and then the enemy goes into an infinite loop that slooooowly grinds down your health.
Yesterday I encountered my 1st orbweaver/LnD team. Just gathering infinite health and spamming weak spiders. I didn’t quit because I couldn’t win, but because it would take years.
In the same line as the last: factions like mirrored halls. My first pure run at level 100 I was stuck in a summoning race for almost an hour!

2 Likes

Perhaps it should be updated to “Their last post that wasn’t deleted within an hour was 12 months ago.”

Two more phantom posts today. I thought maybe I was hallucinating again.

2 Likes

Dreams and blurry things are gifts from Zorn, my friend, granted to us when our foreheads smash the noses of elveses!

But yes—these particular apparitions are quite confusing to me as well. My tiny brain makes me want to RAGE.

For the Horde

On-topic: the unnecessary clicks throughout GoW are still annoying to me. Particularly egregious on the Explore UI :+1:

1 Like

When 57 attack HKI just won’t eat!

14 Likes

One of the funniest I have seen in this thread, for sure. :rofl:

1 Like

And then the valraven in the very next match.

2 Likes