Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Casting Dragon Eye 7 times in Boss room of floor 23 before it hits something other than the Doom…

7 Likes

Tower of doom introducing yet another troop that can’t be obtained by traditional keys.

5 Likes

12 Likes

I hate this also. Plus I just had Ubastet dodge seven(!) times in succession whilst on 1HP and then promptly nuke two of my troops straight after.

On a side note, since when did Dwarven Walls acquire the ability to dodge also? It’s happened a couple of times in the grouping of DW x 3 and King Highforge.

Both Ubastet and Dwarven Gate do not have dodge.

You may have experienced this in delve after you completed the legendary room with goblins which awards Agile to all future enemy troops.

Another scenario is most likely they had barrier which you confused as dodging.

Even then, Ubastet so far doesn’t appear in delves and while Dwarven Gate does, it is only one copy, not 3.

I have seen here that sometimes people mix / confuse past experiences with other scenarios.
(This includes someone who was complaining about a megavore’s insta-kill in delves.)

I tried to cover both so this is the reason why i mentioned agile in delves and barrier but feel free to chip in where you can think a gate simply uproots and leaps out of the way of an attack :joy:

It’s a funny image to think about but in that case, I just imagine it opens itself up to avoid the attack and closes it self when the attacker is nowhere near. Only way I can see Delve Gate using agile. Then again, the Goblin Throneroom is incredibly rare nowadays from Delves, haven’t seen it for over 30 runs.

Thank you for your damage control and guesswork. Like it or not these instances occurred and I wouldn’t have posted were I not absolutely 100% certain of what I saw and experienced. I’ve been playing this game solidly since the beginning of the year and differeniated between dodge and barrier way back then.

Dwarven Gates randomly dodged (a la Submerged animation sans the whirlpool swirl) during two ranked PvP matches I played yesterday. And there have also been two or three other troops (who do not possess Agile) I’ve seen do this since Monday during ranked PvP.

The Ubastet 1HP thing happened as clear as day literally a few minutes before I originally posted, again in ranked PvP.

Maybe take a video and share in that case?
If this happens so frequently you can take a sample for us to examine which we can assess whether it’s a bug or not.

Aside from the two instances i mentioned above there are no other scenarios a Dwarven Gate or Ubastet can dodge an attack.

Just for reference the swirling motion is a status buff Submerge, which dodges AOE attacks.

I thought the original comment was referring to skull dodging.

If they were submerged, they won’t take any damage from AOE like Sunbird’s ability. It makes Undine a major annoyance in explore as it slows down exploration due to that Submerge. That’s the only way an enemy can dodge without agile.

When your treasure hoard is maxed out and you finish every room in the delve and end up with 5 treasures in the end. And it’s mostly souls.

Some bright spark thinking Dust Devil is a good idea for raid, ok they’ll have to keep swapping their troop order, ok just a minor irritation…well maybe that’s all it would be if you could actually enter the troop menu from the battle screen quickly but you can’t because of the lag and it’s not as if they don’t know about this issue.
Why on earth would they force players to experience one of the major flaws in the game?

2 Likes

Dust Devils are probably the only time I question if Empowered is a good thing or not. It does allow you to put a leader in the very front like Lord Ember who also works fine in the back but the little extra stats are nice. Still a major hassle though due to the constant team swapping and if there is more than 1… rip. Troop menu lag still not fixed either.

1 Like

I’d have to say, due to this past week, Spirit Fox has made me question it as well. Its not so much that it’s Empowered OR Stealthy, but having both can be disastrous. Especially, in something like Towers of Doom where it was one shot-ing troops. You don’t have to look further than any ToD thread on here to know that it was a huge problem.

That’s the issue with all these game modes, to be honest. Any troop, even at lvl 20 and fully traited, can be manageable for most people. But, at insane levels, where they have 100s Health, Armor, whatever, and powerful traits/spells? That can turn into Hell real quick.

When you re-order your team to account for the dust devil, but then the dust devil is replaced by a valraven

16 Likes

When you re-order your team to account for the dust devil, but then the dust devil refills itself via a cascade on turn 2 and your careful alignment gets all jacked up anyway.

1 Like

Lol, and then your response is always "oh for f@$#s sake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know… both PvP and high level anything are seriously problematic. PvP might not be seen as much but definitely anything at level 100 or beyond it is when the damage becomes problematic. Dust Devils are perhaps the ‘kindest’ of the empowered lot as, while shuffling your team around is a problem, it has a set damage of 5 making it so much more tolerable vs a Spirit’s Fox’s high+ true damage spell.

If they were changed to have a different trait instead of empowered, it wouldn’t be so bad or even a new class like “Delve Spirit Fox” which would act similarly like “King/Eternal” and a different trait instead of empowered. Best examples of a good and bad change are Eternal Gard’s Avatar and Eternal Elemaugrim.

Eternal Elemaugrim’s third trait got completely butchered from lowering all enemies attack by 4 on each 4/5 gem match to burning 1 enemy with it. It might sound bad but… it’s main ability never changed much other than some extra gems if I recall.

Eternal Gard’s Avatar on the other hand, is a bad change. It’s third trait went from “+4 armor each ally cast” to “+4 armor for each yellow match” and to make matters worse, it does TRUE damage instead of regular Gard’s Avatar.

Now imagine both of them are level 200 as a sick joke in a delve room (With let’s say +1 magic for them), who would be the better pick? I don’t agree with Eternal Elemaugrim’s 3rd trait but it is a good example that they could make unique copies of the delve/raid/invasion troops and adjust it accordingly.

In general, I agree, but there are exceptions. For example, if you’re using Mang to try and help with Raids, but with Dust Devil in play, you could end up having a Hero with 100s of attack in 3rd or 4th slot. At that point, your Hero’s attack might as well be 0 for how “useful” it would be in that position, especially if your Raid Troop has already bit the dust.