Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Players against the Ultimate Doom at level 400.

Devs… Do you even try to find a fair balance between difficult and ludicrous? :person_facepalming:

3 Likes

I am on board this train. I am absolutely miserable in Tower of Doom and I’d give anything to go back a few floors, even if it means something like “only a 50% chance for a scroll”.

There is nothing fun about fighting against odds stacked that high. At least in Delve I have reason to believe “if only I paid billions in gold and treasures, I’d have stat boosts in the hundreds on my side.” That’s not feasible in ToD.

I spent 2 sigils this morning and was so mad I almost deleted the game.

2 Likes

We did plenty of boons thus far. And one skull match can still instantly take out all 4 of my troops (one match per troop) against level 400 troops.

Some may argue it’s just like the end of Raids. Except… You have more colors to choose from in Raids. You have at least one troop built to take out Zuul’Goth. And the defense your facing in raids isn’t built to counter 75% of your troop selection. Ultimate Doom is way more powerful than Zuul’Goth. Yet it has no counter. The Doom Weapon is a joke compared to level 400 troops that insta fill.

1 Like

I already gave up on tower of doom and considering a level 100 faction hoard gives a good chunk of stats that help delves (To the point most people can deal with a 500 delve team) but here? No chance and sometimes you are forced to do legendary rooms for the unlock scroll which are not easy (No delves require a legendary room yet) so…

1 Like

Empowered level 200 troops with true damage.

8 Likes

They (the player) were enraged by missing an agile troop multiple times in a row.

Oh gosh, in PvP I’ve faced that troop – Fizzbang and any Goblins together too, on the same team. Once any of those were ready to cast, I just put my controller down, folded my arms and let them go at it, watching them taking turns until they were finished. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Two things that might help:

If you haven’t changed the animation speed, go into settings - graphics, and set to 2x or 4x.

Go into the troops menu, search for Freeze, and pick a troop to use on your team against goblins.

1 Like

Gob Chomper x 3, fully traited
Mercy

Target the first Goblin enemy, the odds are very much in your favour for them being devoured and then get Mercy on a 4 Match to recharge.

You’d be very unlucky to lose unless the enemy gets cascades right from the 1st turn.

1 Like

Taking a scorpius build into a high level delve and run into dwarves in the middle room.

4 Likes

When you go into a delve with a giant team with Black Manacles and, through the ENTIRE delve, you don’t get one devour off of 40 casts of black manacles. But, and bear with me, you get to a Graveyard room and are instakilled by the only Skull Dragon in the game that can extra turn 3 skull hit you. When has anyone actually gotten an extra turn on that skull creation? There’s a reason he gets a “Freeze on hit by skulls” trait because he’s supposed to be that bad.

Also, generally any delve/tower of doom room where you can actively see the AI that runs the game favoring itself over you, especially in getting 3 skulls in one turn to nuke your titan, barriered, 200 plus health hero class. Fuck this game.

1 Like

** Deep Announcer Voice ** “Welcome to Gems of War: Spectator Edition!”

“Like, uh, yeah. I’m gonna grab a snack. Let me know when I can actually play the game.”

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip, @back!

I had the animation speed at 2x already, but I think I’ll increase it a bit more.

Thank you as well, @Rockwell

I’ll create a couple of new additional teams with what you’ve both suggested, and see how I do.

Haha, right? Pretty much my thoughts each time.

1 Like

There’s a whole slew of bug/glitches/inconsistency issues I have with this game, bugs/glitches that have been incrementally getting worse over the last 8-10 weeks approx. However, the AI (randomly and conveniently) getting extra turns on 3 gem matches tends to be one of the more infuriating. Another being when mana (again, randomly and conveniently) is not allocated at all when matched, be it 3, 4 or 5 gems.

4 Likes

A huge amount of true damage and empowered and this is only floor 17 I think. I don’t want to see what floor 25+ is like

This is just dumb now. Floor 20 boss will one shot any one of my troops

5 Likes

Well I mean it’s all good, it’s not like she has stealthy… oh wait

2 Likes

On higher floors the foxies rooms seem impossible, spirit fox cap at 66 damage i think, but there’s also amira that do 134 to any blue, both stealthy and when megavore eaten their last one the turn later a new and fresh empowered spirit fox took her place lol.

On floor 27 now , orcs and golems down but no unlock, kuargh, cocca and 2 worms in 1 and foxies in the other, if are foxies holding the unlock it’s game over :stuck_out_tongue:

All fine though, there’s gnomes so screw wasting time in the tower.

1 Like

Sorry, maybe i’m not right…

i defeat stage 20 not before a valraven replace the spirit fox after 5 useless trys :neutral_face: