The Wargening

Shush, we needs this, give it to the hobbits is. (joke brought to you by smeagol.)

1 Like

I assume it’s not a legendary trait and won’t be unique… it’s phrased as “summon a Warg” not “revive when slain” so I’d guess it will end up on other troops too, like Daemonic Pact and the dragon summon one…

2 Likes

another soul generator with exactly same colors? please, dont pretend that this widens our soul team building possibilities :confused:

but the maugrim rebalances look amazing at first glance and im so gonna try kerberos out this time :laughing:

1 Like

It is a technically a resurrect, and wording it differently won’t change that.

There is one huge difference from Daemonic Pact: The summoned Ancient horror doesn’t have a “summon on death” trait of his own, so you just kill it and that’s it. The summoned Warg, however, can in theory revive any number of times, if you’re unlucky enough, just like IK or TDS.

I don’t think it will end up on other troops (just like I don’t think Spawn will), but even if it did, it won’t be the same trait effect wise (because it will summon a different troop, not the one that was killed), and it won’t be the same as Daemonic Pact for the same reason stated above.

2 Likes

At least this one isn’t reliant on Dragons; none of which have Necromancy.

@utfanx2 avina says hi

Cockatrice, Cockatrice, Gard’s Avatar, Mercy. With Kraken banner and 2x air links, Cockatrice always fills in two matches. Deny enemy from attacking until Gard has enough armor to wipe them all.

I’m probably gonna use the Warg in my current Beast teams.

Dire Wolf
Fenrir
Green Seer
Warg

is something I have in mind…

2 Likes

I have no idea what to put on defence for this kingdom level event.

Dire Wolf/Spring Imp/Skeleton/Green Seer is pretty brutal. No idea how the AI would use it though.

I do not have green seer, it is avoiding me like the horseman. I do not want to wait for tacet to drop some teams, so maybe keeping it in kingdom seems smart.

Instead of Green Seer, you could also use Dryad. I also tested this with Poison Master, he fills Dire Wolf and Skeleton quite easily. But Dryad is definitely better than him.

All these buffs are pretty exciting! I was worried when I saw that Cockatrice was changing, because I already liked the troop, but the changes actually make it work even better in one of my teams! Dire Wolf and Fenrir both seem more generally useful, and also have a nice interaction with each other. Fenrir still seems a bit awkward with Leader, but at least he gets the full effect from his own spell, now that he’s part beast. I’m thinking he might be fun with Bunni’Nog, or Winter Wolf.

Warg doesn’t seem terribly useful for me, since I lucked out and got The Dragon Soul recently, but I’m glad there’s more soul-generating troops for newer players, and there are probably some interesting teams to build around it. Probably going to be pretty annoying on defense though.

Kerberos seems… more powerful, but still not particularly enticing. All those wargs would probably provide a nice buffer while he devours the enemy team, but they’re also going to block him from reaching the front and actually using most of those devoured stats. Extra annoyance on defense, mostly, and a safe-but-slow way to chew down an enemy team, if you’ve got the traitstones to burn.

Wayfinder will hopefully be the counter people need for Manticore, but I think I’ll probably keep trying to improve my Sylvasi team. He’s lots of fun when he works, and I think there’s a good team with him in it that I just haven’t found yet.

Forest Guardian looks like it could power some really great beast skull spam teams. Looks slightly better than Infernal King, or at least a bit safer, though I don’t have him either to know from experience.

1 Like

I got the new legendary out of a lot of 50 event keys; my phone alt got the new legendary in 3 event keys. So it’s definitely in the chests.

Heh just had a funny battle, had to kill about 50 Wargs. 7 times a single left Warg spawned 4 new Wargs. Not to count how many times they spawned when there was not only 1 left.
Ended up getting 1060 exp xD

See, this right here is how I envision an actual Hydra fight to go.

Had a 31-Warg victory just now. Had to train myself not to try go-for-broke finishers because the respawned Wargs would wear me down if I did. All board-control, all the time…fight took about 10 minutes.

Infernal King, eat your molten heart out.

1 Like

I was happy actually xD felt like a boss fight to me :smiley:
Mine took 20 minutes. How much experience did you get @Lyya? Wonder if there’s cap for exp xD

I fogot to take a screenie, will next time. It was in the high hundreds.

I think it is 9 xp per kill before multipliers

So my experience multiplier is 1.9, if we get 9 exp per troop means I killed 62 troops. Well sounds about right :smiley: