The official nerf Emperor korvash idea thread

The game is easy because of simplistic AI decision matrices and has nothing to do with cards or their strengths. Literally nothing.

Take David vs Goliath as an example. David clearly used strategy to beat him. It is your job to come up with the strategy to beat the opponent. Not the other way around. You can’t have that if every troop is on the same level. That’s not useful, and not strategy. So you’re asking for the wrong thing to get what you seemingly want? Not really sure at this point.

Edit: to your other post, team synergy still matters some. Along with mastery levels. You can set the board in your favor. Even if the AI is too easy.

2 Likes

Come on korvash is not so popular, like i said the other day, you got 3 opponent choices so if you don’t want to fight against him then pick another opponent.

I think the devs are smart enough to know what to do, they don’t need you to come here and cry about every damn troop on every week

Couple week before it was bone dragon, Last week it was death,this week it is korvash and next week it’s gonna be someone else

Think about Chess, probably the best example of strategy we can ever give. There is a mix of low powered troops, and strong troops. The game is not all pawns.

It’s a game of consequence. Just like EK, BD, Mab. Make the wrong move or don’t have the right traits, or power up in time, and you lose.

1 Like

David used divine intervention to defeat Goliath. There was no strategy involved. He threw the stone and Goliath died.

Using the stone is a strategy,lol. Most people would freeze up or try to fight physically. David used his brain.

So yeah that’s a strategy.

Chess is also perfectly balanced. If I use my queen to check your king on the 3rd turn, not only are you not dead, you’re in a position to take my queen and completely change the momentum of the game in your favor.

There are zero similarities between this game and chess. Chess has ebb and flow, subtlety, and length. GoW, for better or worse, has none of those. Assemble one-shot troops, fill with transformer, fire. 1 minute match. Rinse and repeat.

Except David didn’t use his brain. His stone was guided by Faith. His victory was assured by God. All he had to do was pray and throw. Let’s avoid this analogy going forward since this isn’t the place for a theological debate.

Name a strong troop in this game that is perfectly balanced. And If one doesn’t exist for you, name one that you’d fix and how.

Please.

Crimson Bat. Hydra. That’s two I can think of instantly.

1 Like

We can stop the DvG talk, but just so you know relying on faith is a strategy as well. I can rely on faith in this game to try and win, but probably wouldn’t get me very far.

Well you hit me in the sweet spot with Crimson Bat. You know I love him. Hydra though I think is a little bit weak for me.

So I really didn’t see you picking one, idk where to go from here.

You win $20.

CB is perfectly balanced but he really isn’t an issue for anyone nor does he take strategy much. But he is balanced to the middle.

I see exactly what you want, I just think this is the wrong way. I think they should buff all the older troops, or legendaries at least, and then see where all these newer legendaries land after.

I don’t hav a problem with strong troops. I just think one-size-fits-all troops (Khorvash and Manticore) and one-hit mechanics (Devour and Death Mark) cheapen the game and make it far too simplistic.

3 Likes

I firmly vote no. Leave EK alone.

1 Like

I didn’t bother reading the entire rant. Just kill EK asap it’s easy. Case closed no need for de buffs

You know what though, your statement made me think.

What if we had a game mode where we assembled decks and the AI played BOTH sides? That might be interesting. It would certainly isolate OP troops rather quickly.

Could be nice. I’m assuming that was their idea behind letting you fight friends except that works in the players favor. People want to make sure they have a strong defense. I’m guessing a game-mode like that would be better in the Devs hand. In fact they should use it as a tool before releasing troops. Sirrian said they already had it set up in their office and were testing it before.

Well actually useful for players too. So they can get feedback.

I’m pretty sure the AI would win

Glad you understand the problem with powercreep, you worded it exactly how it is. :slight_smile:

What part of sharing ideas on how to nerf a clearly op card did you not understand…