The official nerf Emperor korvash idea thread

People in this thread disappoint me and dishearten me.

Just because you can beat him easily doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem for other people. And when one troop can do so much more than every other troop in the game, there is indeed a problem with the balance of said troop that needs to be addressed. I do not usually lose against an emperor team. That doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue with him.

His power level is vastly higher than almost every other legendary except bone dragon. This is not even debatable in my opinion. That warrants a slight nerf. Again I don’t think he should be destroyed. I personally just think that his mana cost needs to go up and his damage needs to go down a bit. I think he should still stay that mana drain, stun, front liner and just make his skill a little harder to cast and does a bit less damage (or not true damage). That would bring him in line with others.

It’s hard for people to think objectively and compare with other legendaries I guess.

4 Likes

I think that increasing his mana cost to 17 would be enough, not so far or very close to a mythic’s spell cost but pretty doable with banners and converters/transformers. I feel less inclined about reducing his true damage… Because we get much more extra health than extra magic anyway (kingdoms and spells), but considering the “free magic” from Leader’s trait maybe reducing three points of his magic would be optimal.

1 Like

People saying he doesnt need a nerf dont understand balance.
Yes i beat ek all the time with my mab team. But that doesnt mean ek is not op.

He negates 50% skull damage. Has insane stats. Does true damage of like 20 to two troops…takes away full mana from two. You have alot of cards that drain mana from 1…he does two. His mana cost is low. Meanwhile he also stuns them making their traits worthless. All the while if fully traited your whole team stunned. Literally the only thing he doesnt have is empowered.

If you dont think hes OP…you dont understand balancing. Hes better than most of the mythics.

3 Likes

Between your nonsensical wording, wall of text, and knowing the intent of the title, I didn’t bother reading the entire post. The bottom line, never cry for nerfs for Gard’s sake, always ask for irrelevant troops to be brought up to the power of the quality troops.

1 Like

Yes, his ability vs Mana cost is vastly higher. And yes, a slight nerf would be appropriate. EK is not game breaking like other troops have been in the past and some people don’t fully analyze a troops power vs cost so they miss imbalances.

However what surprises me the most is not only can I comprehend what @wskill wrote above, I mostly agree with him in this point.

3 Likes

I already spent half a book of text in other threads proving this post completely wrong. upward balancing = power creep = creating a one button win or lose game = destroying games. We need nerfs not power creep. Stop asking for powercreep.

2 Likes

he is powerful. maybe a little too easy to fill mana.

but i will assume the problem revolve around people caught by surprise meeting him while using general use troops. i’ve been there. cause me resentment and hate for the game to be honest.

but in the mean time, we can only be careful, scout and counter.

for example, amira usually only take 1 or 2 cast to kill him.

dark maiden and webspinner has snare trait making his true damage very low.

many unit with drain use little mana.

spider knight can web him with only 7 mana.

spider queen web, drain mana, and reduce his armor for a mere 9 mana.

but most importantly, this is dev subtle strategy to make you buy stuff to get enough vip points for free scouting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ah ok. I see your point. And I guess what makes it more frustrating is that almost everyone is using him (because he’s too damn good).

I agree with your power creep statement from earlier - if devs keep introducing slightly more powerful cards than “the really strong troop” and keep doing that (rather than rebalance existing troops), the game will end up being a boring, one-hit grindfest where the goal is to acquire said powerful troop until it is inevitably replaced with something stronger. And so on.

Apologies for missing your point earlier, I agree with your arguments. You shouldn’t feel ‘forced’ into creating a set deck solely for defeating the meta decks. Where’s the fun in that?

The devs are generally pretty good about this kind of thing so maybe they’ll see this and in a future patch we might see a nerf? The devs like to buff/nerf troops fairly frequently (at least, in every major patch released).

2 Likes

Just use boombot team against him and you will say korvash who?

1 Like

There are so many teams that can beat him easily that it’s not even worth mentioning. OP has an agenda and won’t listen to reason. The fact that he’s actually talking about the console version of the game but purposefully posted in PC/Mobile just so more people would see it tells you all you need to know about his mentality. He’s not here for discussion, he’s here to hear that he’s right. What a waste of a post.

6 Likes

Korvash who #2

2 Likes

Yeah it’s clearly not about balancing, it’s about making this game easier.

If we can steamroll EK now, imagine him nerfed lol.

In my understanding of overpowered, it means insanely powerful and almost impossible to beat. That’s not in any form EK.

But alas, we’re not “understanding” enough of the problem here.

Just because he has better stats than other troops of his rarity doesn’t mean nerf for the sake of stats. The troop isn’t a problem.

At least this crew was on to something with BD since he actually is broken, thus needing a fix. Go back to that. Some form of sense.

And for those that try and defend “we don’t want easier it’s not about that” well if you nerf a troop that is already easily defeated, you’re only making this easier. There is no challenge.

What troops are left at that point that even give a slight challenge? Bd and Courage that most of the people here probably use on defense? Or Mantishit? Please.

2 Likes

Simply not possible at this point. The game is already a nuke fest. Start making UP troops more like the OP ones and any remaining semblance of strategy goes down the drain.

2 Likes

The lack of challenge has nothing to do with the strengths of individual cards. The game is simply too easy. That doesn’t mean certain cards don’t need to be balanced. Those are two separate issues.

2 Likes

You stop asking for nerfs.

They’re not separate issues. The cards make up the game. Nerfing them nerfs the game. You literally can’t make it any easier.

The game is too easy right now, and that’s because there’s not enough strong troops. There is no strategy for that exact reason. You can win with a lot of troops in the current game right now, a lot. No strategy in team make-ups or weaknesses. And that has nothing to do with nerfing anything. It has to do with buffing and creating.

You may not realize it, but everyone calling for nerfs every single week is killing creativity. The Devs can’t branch out and do something different or give one troop better stats than another for fear of having to nerf it. You all want balance down the middle with every troop, how boring. Can’t be too weak or too strong for Goldilocks. What a game.

Strategy happens when you have to come up with a team to beat something seemingly difficult or strong. Not 4 middle-ground troops vs. 4 middle-ground troops. That’s exactly what we have in GoW right now, that’s why it’s boring.

We should have strong troops but those troops should also have major weaknesses to certain troops. The Devs do a pretty good job of that, but we could use more. The problem is Sammy Two-toes uses troops they want to use and get mad when those troops don’t work as well on the enemy.

“Rock is overpowered, Paper is fine.” – Scissors

10 Likes

Please nerf dwarven miner, he is clearly OP, when i use him i get too much gold

4 Likes

Here’s a good idea, those that don’t want EK nefed should just ignore this thread and let it drop to the bottom. Every time this thread is replied to it gets bumped and a dev is more likely to see it and even if they don’t read the entire thread it’s going to be in the back of their mind that it’s an issue they need to address. Letting this drop and go out of mind will do a lot more towards preventing EK from being nerfed IMO than constantly arguing about it.

And before people comment how I bumped the thread, 1) It’s already the top post, and 2) I’m ambivalent about it being nerfed. There’s always going to be a team or troop that will take its place.

One-click kills aren’t “strategic” in any way, shape, or form. Every match ends in one of two ways:

1. player launches nuke first and AI crumbles
  2. AI launches nuke first and player crumbles

How does that even resemble challenging, engaging, or competitive? I want to face genuinely powerful opponents that are cunning and use a mix of abilities to beat you so that every match isn’t exactly that same. There’s nothing remotely challenging about this game right now and it’s been that way since about Maw, the start of the ridiculous power creep. It’s repetitive and boring.

2 Likes