The official nerf Emperor korvash idea thread

i agree he should cost more mana but the rest is fine no need to change everything

1 Like

Replace Stoneskin with Armored, have him drain only the troop with the highest mana of the two he hits. Reasoning: Armored is better flavorwise and still a not-insignificant nerf, and the single mana drain gives defense a modicum of control over who gets sidelined instead of being pinned down by repeated fills.

Also, wskill, can you finish a single paragraph without completely rambling off-topic? Y’all need some focus, you’re all over the place.

1 Like

Use shadow dragon instead of a bone dragon. That’s great fun too.

1 Like

EK is fine. Doesn’t even bother me. Get over it. :heart:

7 Likes

Emperor Khorvash is arguably the best legendary troop in the game. His trait and spell is amazing. I do agree that he need to be nerfed a bit. I think what irritates people (or at least me) most when fighting him is that full mana drain top two troops. Sometime it’s very hard to comeback from that, especially if our top two troops are the most important troop in our deck. Usually mirroring the opponent deck almost always works to counter them. However in Khorvash case it usually comes to whoever get their EK filled first would win or at least lead and have huge advantage.

My suggestion is to up his mana a bit to at least 16 and half the mana drain or as @Jainus said 9 mana drain. Just don’t full mana drain. His current spell cost only 14 mana, with Valk in his deck and Lion banner you can easily fill him just with 1 blue surge and another 3 normal blue gem match.

Keep his spell as true damage. His trait imho doesn’t need to be changed. Knight Coronet for example and comparison also has Leader and Stoneskin trait, he also can hit 2 troops with normal damage, and his base rarity is only Ultra Rare. That makes him the best and most use tank for low-mid level player. So I don’t agree to change Stoneskin with Armoured because that would make EK weaker as a frontliner, considering his base rarity is legendary.

1 Like

You spelled it wrong… let me fix it:

The official nerf Bone Dragon idea thread

Fixed! Bone Dragon is OP as hell, not Khorvash.

2 Likes

Another thread to mute… :smiley:

2 Likes

Well the problem is that he both negates your spell damage by draining mana, and on top of that is very hard to kill with 50% damage reduction from skulls. If it was 25% he would be more open to 1 of 2 types of damage in game so people could deal easier with him even if he drains their mana.
I don’t consider him OP, but wouldn’t mind seeing the change to armored.

1 Like

Seriously??? We need to nerf EK?? I don’t think so…some of us don’t have but one mythic card, not a million. So he is the best chance some of us have to make progress. And, with a fully traited mythic, depending on the card, he gets creamed. Besides, come up with a better defense strategy instead of complaining.

4 Likes

Good point. But is stoneskin trait the real problem of what people complained about him? I don’t think so. Also I’m pretty sure that most of players tend to leave skulls for AI to take. So I don’t think changing stoneskin to armored would make EK less irritating because what irritates most is his full mana drain and stuns.

The problem with EK right now is that if he kills the second troop with true damage, he will then stun and mana drain the third troop. The potential to affect 3 troops with his spell is what makes him OP. I would change the order of his spell effects to make it stun, mana drain, and then apply the true damage. That way he wouldn’t have a chance at draining & stunning the third troop if the second one dies from his true damage.

1 Like

I think increasing his spell’s cost would be a sensible change. It would make it harder/slower to:

• Mana Drain: You could outrace him with spells.
  • Deal True Damage: Having some troop with healing/barrier effects on the 3rd or 4th slot gives you more chances to make a comeback or in case you outrace him have some extra health to spare.
  • Stun: Cleanse can come naturally or even the side effect of a spell, but Stun changes the flow of battle in a good way. Disabled traits just puts the team on another dinamic, a more basic one, in some sense it is what makes battles more interesting or viable in many ways. The enemy have Famine and Death constantly decreasing status of the first troop? We can only resort to stun both in some way (probably with EK’s third trait being activated) or devour. It’s like Macaudora said: [quote=“Macaudora, post:31, topic:17405”]
    Seriously??? We need to nerf EK?? I don’t think so…some of us don’t have but one mythic card, not a million. So he is the best chance some of us have to make progress.
    [/quote]

We don’t have enough (perfect in)balance in the game to simply ask for a combo of nerfs on a troop because it keeps increasing disproportionally the value of some other established cards. Fine tuning the game isn’t easy, or quick, so i’ll trust the devs to monitor things and hold on for the upcoming “A.I Update” to see if my opinion can change about what to do with Khorvash.

3 Likes

His mana cost is a bit low but I just play the game. I haven’t even got the bastard! Lol
We had folks complaining, sorry, discussing creeping death and wanting that changing too! There’s pretty much a counter to everything but I’m just using gorgotha /valk /justice /mab and win almost all my games on the ps4 anyway so korvash doesn’t bother me that much. The console ai isn’t half bad now, it can really annoy and pinches your mana when you just want it to take skulls.

2 Likes

Please for the love of puppies, no nerf to EK. I can’t even believe people have an issue beating him ever. I put him on my team once to see what the hype was about, then went back to using bats. EK is all bark no bite. He’s not like manticore, you KNOW he’s going to hit your first 2 troops. There’s no surprise there. It’s called strategy.

It’s very clear to me now that just seeing a troop over and over in pvp warrants making a thread about it to most of the community. There have to be decent troops in the line-up somewhere people. And it can’t just be the troops you use.

7 Likes

Just put an Amira in your 3rd or 4th spot. Now is Amira overpowered? Needs a nerf? Lol.

3 Likes

Yes but i want to prevent that because …i actually like…(d) this game.

Not sure if the Emperor needs nerfing much (or at all). I’d say the only thing that needs fixing up is maybe instead of full mana drain he only drains half? But he’s definitely beatable. There are some “worse” troops than this guy.

Whenever I see a team with him in it (approx. 80% of all teams, lol) I just throw in troops, in the first two slots, that have Impervious unlocked on them. Then his stun effect (and legendary trait) become useless.

N.B. For good measure I have a full Impervious team because usually Emperor is paired up with Queen Mab… stops her from freezing anything.

I agree that EK is one of the best troops in the game: a good tank with a great spell and great traits that synergize with each other and fit well into many teams. Besides making him a great choice for many lineups, he’s also a challenge to fight against on defense: he powers up fairly fast, can disrupt my plans, and isn’t easy to knock out of the way. With all that I can’t help but consider him one of my favorite troops, even though I haven’t found room for him in my lineup for the last few months.

So, yeah - he’s a great troop, one of the best in the game. I’d argue that’s a good thing. I’d say he’s not overpowered, he’s simply above average. Please don’t kill Harrison Bergeron - I don’t want to play a game where nobody is above average.

1 Like

But this is exactly the problem, because of ONE troop you are forced to completely deckbuild against it. Not a deck to build against no ONE card that technically can win the whole match solo. Not a single card is like this, every card has a counter but korvash can only be beaten if you either have specific cards or have your team impervious.

He needs to be toned down. And like someone said hitting 3 troops as he does way too often is bs.

To all: Did it ever occur to you that when youre in pvp and not a all kingdoms fully built everything mythic player you still need to fight against all kingdoms fully built everything mythic opponents with just epic cards in your fucking deck?! I cant even take emperor korvash his armor down before he has killed my two first troops and manadrained my 3rd. How the hell am i supposed to beat a whole deck with korvash (or 2 or 3 korvash) in it with just 2 cards left of which one is mana drained and has only half as high stats as any card?

Get real. Korvash is overpowered and no matter how much some of you love korvash for making you win the easy way by using the most op cards like mindless zombies not having to actually deckbuild he needs a nerf. And no the answer isnt “use this or that specific card” Not everyone HAS “this or that specific card” I dont own mab, i dont own the great maw, i dont own korvash myself even… and many players dont with me. The answer isnt “use a specific trait” against ‘ONE’ card either, if something is so clearly overloaded then its not the players fault. I shouldnt have to be forced to use some meta just to counter korvash, i should be free to build my own deck as i have with every type of enemy deck untill i kept meeting korvash decks that cant be played against unless you use impervious on TWO troops… get real. What about the rest of their cards, how do i even win a match with two behemoths against korvash to begin with.

1 Like

No you shouldn’t be able to build any team and beat any other team or troop.

My favorite troop could be peasant, and so if I use 4x peasants are you saying I should be able to beat any team?

Is that getting real?

What you describe isn’t strategy.

I own EK. I don’t have him on a single attack or defend team. He’s decent, but there are plenty better.

4 Likes