The Future of The Dragon Soul

Random thought: if TDS resurrects, always in last spot (will bump troops forward to make room)?
Not sure this is different enough from IK.

In my opinion, yes – but Dragon Soul isn’t really tanky, so I’d rather see it res in the last spot.

1 Like

Hitting the first troop wouldn’t solve the problem. It would still be a trait you rather not get in a lot of teams. Keeping it close to something like it is now is an option, but out of the 3 my vote would be to redo it completely.

I’m in favor of the rework, though I imagine him keeping something similar to what he has now being somewhat interesting.

What if, on death, he filled your team with Baby Dragons?

3 Likes

I havent used him but it sounds like he simply needs a different third trait. If he had necromancy you might want him to resurrect.

Or perhaps, on death, all Dragon allies get +3 to all stats or something equivalent.

2 Likes

5 Likes

re-do him please.
the way it is now we need much more necromancy troops in game OR every soul gaining troop to have necromancy trait…
i wouldnt ask for a 50%necromancy legendary trait for him, it can be normal soon-to-be 25% necromancy, just make him valid alternative to valkyrie =)
(if he gets 50% then he might dominate players like valkyrie did in past - which again i do not like)

edit:
and obviously having him destroy dragons from your team is horrible, id accept possesing enemy troops - could be just ‘charm’ random enemy on death, or the way @hmcls suggested [quote=“hmcls, post:1, topic:14127”]
Possession would be that you have a 30% chance to summon a dead enemy troop when The Dragon Soul dies
[/quote]

So why on the video of Tacet (12:32), the cap is 60 souls with only one necromancy trait?

The problem with Possession is not about predictability but the fact that it kills a troop…
Possession should occur after the troop death.

1 Like

The screenshot is from about a week ago, before we reduced Necromancy to 25%.

The main point of the screenshot was to show the resource counters, more than the numbers on them.

Oh I really hope his skill isn’t reworked, please don’t do it! Unless by rework you mean change what scales with magic (switch it so you can get more souls per cast with all your bonuses but a set gems exploded). I like him the way he is, but that change wouldn’t be bad.

I love his skill and how he plays. Gem destroyers are so much fun and it has great synergy with troops like sylvanimora and Gorgotha.

I was hoping only a trait rework was coming. I hope it doesn’t stay the same because it just feels boring. On death with a chance of happening is lame. But honestly if the feel for this troop is that sort of trait, then I’d rather see his old trait where it’s guaranteed but target a specific slot so you can put your least valuable troop in that one. I was hoping for something a little more useful or exciting but that’s still a solid choice.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth :slight_smile:

Please nerf dragon soul. Way too powerful on lower levels.:smiling_imp:

just stay low level then!

I’m low level on mobile and I hate fighting that dragon. Too overpowered with a dragon team. So, Nerf away devs!

never! please no :slight_smile:

is it possible to make his possession trait so you can choose what troop to possess if not i would rather just see the dragon soul get a new 3rd trait

Maybe after death he could have 25% to posses a random enemy troop that would be transfered to your team for the remaining part of the battle?

That sounds like an even worse version than the 15% devour chance, so it makes more sense for this to only target dead troops on the enemy side as previously suggested.

I have nothing against that either, just throwing in a suggestion:)

There is no game mechanic that targets dead troops, and technically there is no limit to how many dead troops an opponents has. Could be complicated to implement.