The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Taking Applications for Participation

I don’t think the rules for the 3rd Series have been posted yet. While the general format is the same each time, the specific rules do change a bit between series. Until they’re posted you could read back on the rules for the first and second series to get an idea of what to expect.

1 Like

Thanks a lot^^ I would like to join it seems very interesting

That’s all you have to do, is express interest and you have applied!

if it is not clear i am in for playing another round of the series.

1 Like

hmm sounds intresting enough i’ll join in why not

2 Likes

glad to hear that :smiley:

1 Like

#Still taking applications for this exciting mini-game where you can win Arcane Traitstones!

1 Like

how many volunteers are listed now?

Sign me up!

I really enjoyed following the 2nd round of the fantasy tournament, I’m sure the third will be tons of fun!

It looks like there are more people interested than there are open spots… will a random cat improve my odds of getting a slot? :cat2:

4 Likes

My computer died, just went kaputt. I should get a new one tomorrow though.

Any inquires should be directed to our Deputy Commissioner, @Shiratori

Hey there everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying 2.0 of the game or for those of us like me who are primarily console players well, it’ll come soon.

As TaliaParks mentioned, he’s temporarily out of action til he gets a new PC. So I’m just going to help out with the current roster of players and a few of rules for series 3.

1. These are the people I see who signed up in this thread. If you had PMed TaliaParks, please repost here or send me a message so that we can have a complete list. As of now I have 11 of the 16 spots taken.

Series 2 champion Machiknight
@Bobomb
@Studs
@Ozball
@MrSnake
@killerman3333
@PowerPlay
@Zelfore
@xGamerxNiko
@Synergy
@loimprevisto

Again if your name isn’t here, please let me know.

1. The format will again be single elimination.

2. All troops and kingdoms released before June 1 will be included. This means Desert Sands, Blighted Lands, Primal, and Apocalypse kingdoms are all valid picks for troops and banners. Yes that does mean the Imps and War are all valid picks.

3. Like Series 2, troops we be picked at their base rarity using the following point system:

Common: 1
Rare: 2
Ultra Rare: 3
Epic: 4
Legendary: 5
Mythic: 6

However, new to Series 3 is the ability to Ascend troops at the time you pick them. You Ascend troops at the cost if 1 point per level. So if you pick Valkyrie and want to ascend her to Epic, you would say just that and the cost would be 4 points. A Rare Goblin would be 2 points. A Mythic Druid would be 6. Etc. Essentially what you are doing is picking the troop and rarity for the cost as listed above so an ascended Legendary and a base Legendary would have the same cost. No troop can be ascended above Mythic.

1. Because of the large influx of new troops and the added benefit that you can set the rarities for them, each person will get 16 points to spend instead of 14. Hopefully this will give all players the chance to come up with some really strong teams no matter when they pick.

2. Trades are still allowed. Points may be traded as long as your totals remain between 14-18. If you are working any trades, just let myself or Talia know just as a heads up so people won’t think you’re working the clock. Granted, since I’m not a player anymore, I don’t think there will be quite as many deals but this is also to help avoid any issues like last time. When a deal is agreed upon, let Talia or myself know so it can be approved. Use the same format as listed in the Series 2 instructions (and when I get a moment on my PC, I’ll copy it over as well.)

3. Troops with summons will function like they do in the game, complete with traits and bonuses. So yes, Dokkalfar is useful and Infernal King can come back more than once.

4. All troops will again be fully traited.

5. There is no banner round this time. Any banner can be used by anyone so repeat banners will be allowed. During your last pick, just include your banner with it. So you would say, for example, Legendary Soothsayer and Goblin Banner.

6. Hero and Hero weapons are not available at this time. This will be considered for future series.

I think that’s all for now. Please ask any questions you may have and I will add anything else. Hope to see a few more sign up. Thanks and good luck.

4 Likes

@Machiknight you have a decision. Do you wish to keep your team, with 2 points toward ascending anyone, or do you wish to re-enter the draft?

If he does keep his team, does that mean that those troops will be unavailable in the draft?

Yes it will.

Also, I will be setting up some links for console players so they can have an easy way to look up troops they aren’t familiar with. For the post 2.0 troops, I’ll have to write it out until @Lyya can update her site but that may take some time because of changes to the game data which makes it no longer readily readable.

1 Like

wouldnt it be fair if he (like every other user) has to pick in a new draft instead of keeping the team he won series 2?!?

just asking…

maybe i understood it wrong^^

It was added to Series 2 that the winner could keep his team.

That said, while it does look like an advantage, the troop pool has greatly expanded so there are bound to be new challenges plus some people may decide to vote against him just for a change. So it’s a calculated risk.

So i send you a pm of my most desired pics right?

Um, I already have you down as in this.

What else do you need?

When the last series ran, i pm’ed the commish with the troops i wanted for the draft. Are we still doing that thing or no?

Well that was for if your pick came up, we would go through that list in order and make the pick for you to speed things along if you weren’t here.

Yes we’re still doing that after the draft order is announced. You can send it to both of us and just make sure it is in preferential order.