Tasks / Seals / Events Not Resetting Correctly

haha, I love your sense of humor, Sheba! :ok_hand:

1 Like

smilingbunny
Yay, my one-track bunny mind is appreciated!:grin:

3 Likes

I didn’t buy the stuff just fine. I bought stuff, yes, but I don’t have the cards.
We are already being told that PVP done today will not count toward events of this week.
This apart it’s nonsense that they don’t test things before putting new stuff on production servers - again and again and again, and that there’s no one manning the ship because it’s holiday.

2 Likes

Just an idea, but is it possible that when the week rolled over, the year did not, and as a result, the game considers time to have progressed backwards and thus keeps the points and tasks already established?

@Firellius

Here is the explanation given just a bit above. :wink:

It was a fix for a rollover exploit and last week was Christmas and they were understaffed enough as is. I rather have one day less to do an event that takes 1-2 hours to complete than an exploit going on that people abuse. And I also want everyone to enjoy the holidays instead of sitting in an office on Christmas Eve double-testing what they can only assume will work fine because it can’t be tested since…the next reset was today.

And if you want immediate bugfixes even on holidays, then maybe you shouldn’t play games from small companies but instead turn to Blizzard, EA Games or whatever they are called these days and become part of some forum where the devs don’t even care to interact with the player base at all.

9 Likes

Everybodsy sits in an office on Christmas Eve, it’s a regular workday.
And yes, developer do double test things. On test servers.

Yes, I want bugfixes that work from companies I’m a customer of and run a 24/7 business.

And I have worked offhours, in and off the holidays, when things went haywire for the companies I work for. Everybody does it, because it’s their livelihood.

Anyway, we’re reminded there’s other things we may do in our free time. That’s good.

3 Likes

Are you from Australia like the devs? Because actually, this is news to me - here in Germany, everything is closed on Christmas Eve (we also open presents on the 24th). I don’t know how it’s in Australia, though.

This game is free to play. If I would pay bucks to be able to play the game at all and would also not be able to access the game at all today, I would understand your point. But you don’t have to pay, nothing needed to play this game is exclusive to cashers and in the terms of services, it is clearly stated what exactly we players can demand or not demand. Reading them might refresh your memory that no, we are not entitled to immediate bugfixes just because we play this game or because you might have spent money on it.

And yes, some companies do work off-hours. Some don’t. I prefer the ones who don’t because I always liked being an employee who doesn’t have to cancel their holidays because of something. And again: The game is perfectly playable. It’s not down. You can amass gold and donate more tomorrow to guild tasks then, so it’s not like you miss out on guild tasks. GW teams for tomorrow can be set by changing PVP defense. The only things that really have a delay are seals and snotgem collection and PVP tier collecting. That’s down from 7 days time to 6 days time to finish everything. And complaining about that seems pretty ridiculous to me and absolutely not worth destroying someone’s holiday or even vacation over.

10 Likes

It’s the Y2K finally hit us!

7 Likes

I don’t care about the game not resetting, but I’m sorry: a free-to-play game relies on a free-to-play business model, so it is still a business. As such, people start to rely on it. Free or not, people still need to complain so the business can learn.

Doubt they will push any changes a week before the next holidays.

Many people have already paid (the forums are over-represented, I think, but there are surely a lot of VIP level 5’s out there). They have just as much right to complain as you would if you did pay.

Italy. December 24th is a workday. Christmas is a workday too for a lot of people, restaurants are open and so are malls, at least in the morning.

This game has also perks to be bought, and there’s people buying them, so it has paying customers.

Nobody likes that. But if a) it has to be done and b) it’s because you borked something, then you do it.
In this case you can even work from home while the turkey is cooking or whatever happens in your home in the morning of January 1st. If I was a poor fellow that’s working from workplace today - say, a car driver or a waiter, I’d be jealous.

And I cannot possibly overstress that this is happening because there was a bug, to begin with, and the patch went live untested. Again.

EDIT: I can now see and upgrade the Bulette I bought this morning, so something is being done. I think. This is good :slight_smile:
Hyena now appears but… it’s locked. With a padlock.

Cattura

Whoever is there, PLEASE put some warning ingame for those who don’t read the forum and/or don’t understand English.

It’s too funny to read alls this discussion about a thing you won’t change anyway. No matter what you are going to wirte here. Take it easy. There are tons of other things to do in the game or in real life.

3 Likes

We might do drugs.

1 Like

It was not a change, it was a fix for an exploit that needed to be done. Do you know what happens when videogames allow exploits? People either abuse it (which results in the need to ban a lot of people later) or don’t and complain when others cheat, so the matter needs to be addressed. People were in the office when the exploit happened, so they fixed it as they should “as a business”. They just didn’t forsee it causing problems.

I agree that free players have as much the right to complain as cashers (I’m close to VIP 7 myself). And there’s nothing wrong with being unhappy about this problem, no matter if you are a free player or a casher. I just think that the problem is absolutely not big enough for people to demand that the devs cancel their vacations.

Who says the devs are at home? Maybe they’re on camping vacation or hiking or flew to some other country as so many others do over the holidays. Do you want them to come back a day early, maybe having to book expensive extra flights, for such a minor problem?

Different countries, different customs. But no matter Christmas - today is New Year’s. Is stuff open in Italy even today? In Germany it isn’t. Or at least not everything is - of course, hospitals and stuff are open. Which shows that some people have to work and some don’t. Like on every other holiday/weekend. Some companies work around the clock in all departments. Others don’t. The guys running GoW are a small company and therefore belong to the category of businesses which can’t (or don’t want to, for their employees’ sake) offer 24/7 support on holidays. Like many other businesses. And sometimes that’s inconvenient. If my fridge would break today, that would also mayorly suck, as I could only buy a new one tomorrow. But does that give me the right to demand that the store offering fridges is open 24/7 because the fridge I bought from them broke? Nope, it sure doesn’t. Just because a company offers a product of any kind doesn’t mean that they also have to be available 24/7 to deal with problems concerning their products. Especially not on holidays. This is not a life-or-death matter, it’s a game. And developers deserve holidays, too.

I am not sure if this fix could have been tested without an actual reset happening - if there was this possibility, I do agree that it should have been tested, though. There are a lot of things that should be tested first, indeed, and it’s not like I think everything the devs do is right (hey, particles, hey, UI, hey, status effects…). Just in this case, I am cool with them being on break and deserving this break. If they messed up on the fix and it could have been tested, that’s a different matter and yes, if that’s the case being angry about that fact is okay. But not about a company being closed on a holiday. That’s totally fine.

9 Likes

Complaints regarding this issue are just ridiculous. Like it’s a matter of life and death FFS. There are other things to do while waiting for the fix. Demanding that people cancel their few holiday days in a year is just a bit too much, I think. That sense of entitlement, it’s just amazing to me.

4 Likes

Same here! I play on Xbox, #1 guild, no tasks either!

:joy: ROFLMAO good one! :rofl:

1 Like

Please chill out-- Even Bob Cratchett got a holiday in the end!

It’s an unfortunate situation, but the devs work on a murderous schedule pushing out content every week and sometimes twice a week. QA is naturally the thing that suffers because it’s at the end of the line.

I’m not saying I like things this way, I think it’s madness. But whenever I’ve suggested that the devs slow down the new content freight train, I’ve been shouted down.

Since players apparently insist on 68 or more new content releases a year, there are inevitably going to be some bugs in the mix. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

I agree with you that not much should be expected on 24th, but you are wrong in one aspect: 24th is a working day here in Germany, same as 31st (not this year obviously, both were Sundays). Most companies grant at least half-day free though, and some trade union agreements do this, too.

Still, I think that for a price we are paying (even vip5s), nobody can expect the devs to stay away from their families, fixing bugs here. Expecting even a response on Jan 1st is already weird, and saying he should be on the phone with the devs is offensive, to be honest.

GoW is not a heart surgical center, after all! Yes, we do have some inconvenience right now, but it’s a holiday anyway, so go to your family and spend some time with them!

@Sirrian: thanks for letting us know and keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Today I have played Dirt Rally, Real Racing 3 for Android and some FIFA 18 matches.(Good for me!) My point is, sometimes its a savior to not be too dependable on one game only. When that is said I am fully aware of the feeling some gets when the only thing they like to do gets taken away from them. Personal story, short: I was a gamble addict, and the only thing I liked to do was to gamble and gamble, then it got taken away from me, and its not easy to handle that, as I had to find other more healthy options when it came to games. If GoW was the only game I played and I did play it for hour(s) everyday, my reaction would probably have been a little different too. But I also share your understanding that they must be allowed to have a few holiday days a year. In the end its not too much to ask for.

Edit: When everything is said GoW is up and go and still very playable at the moment. Even if the weekly changeover have not happened yet.

3 Likes