Swamp Thing

Thanks for this. I’m glad to learn it’s not intentional, at least (kind of wish I had asked months ago, now ^^).

Whatever the reason, I’m rather positive he’s not been available in the Arena so far. I have never had the chance to pick him or, more tellingly, seen him in any opposing line-up; neither did Arch and at least one other Arena player mentioned the same thing a few weeks ago (I can’t remember who). In six months of multiple Arena runs a day, the odds that we just didn’t happen to stumble upon him even once seem slim to none. In sharp contrast, there was a very clear Before/After syndrome for the Hobgolin in the Arena: I think he became available about a couple months ago, and I’ve seen him once or twice per run on average ever since.

Beyond this particular cases, is the general plan for Arena-eligible troops to join the drafting pool within a week of their release? That would be awesome!

Yeah, the main idea floating around for that is a flat rate of 1 soul per rarity, so:
Commons - 1
Rares - 2
Ultra-Rares - 3
Epics - 4
Legends - 5
Mythics - 6

This method would bring late game to 24 souls + bonuses per match. Arena would be around 10 souls per match.

The problem with Valkyrie, farming wise, is she is so good that she makes everything else bad. Nothing even comes close to scaling up to her soul accumulation. The biggest soul bonus any troop/weapon has, aside from +50% souls, is 1 soul per cast. The easiest fix to stop her from being spammed in teams is to give other troops/weapons better soul accumulation and tweak the 1 kill 1 soul system to a higher ratio.

5 Likes

Or just remove valkyries ability to get souls.

Hahahahahahahahahaaha, no.

5 Likes

Whatwhatwhat?!?!

Some troop changes I would love to see in regard to troop soul accumulation are:

• Give Avina a static 4 souls per cast
  • Change Tyri to (1+magic) gold and souls per cast
  • Give Keeper of Souls a static 6 souls per cast
  • Give Soul Blade (0+magic) souls (and +50% soul trait if traits get linked to weapons)
  • Give 4 souls for any troop that last hits a troop with the 2x Slayer trait

For someone playing that long you sure do miss the point. Reason why 90% of players playes the same team is because of time spent/resources collected ratio. Sure you can use all the troops to make interesting teams, everyone can. But an interesting team will take 10 minutes to complete a fight and earn 2-3.000 gold and 10~ souls. Efficient team will gather 10-15.000 gold in the same time and a bunch of souls. It’s not about people not being strategic, they are, they want to be as efficient as they can.

We both know I was referring to the Goblin Teams, the True Shot Teams and Bone Dragon strategy 90%+ of players use.

And I can guarantee you that about 50% of players use one Team, and nothing else, for everything.

Most people likely use 3 teams:

• A very quick PvP team
  • A soul (and possibly gold) farm team
  • A strong defend team

My 20 slots are split between 3 quick PvP teams, 2 soul farm teams, 10 defend teams of various strengths and hilariousness, and 5 experimental teams that should be good in 1.0.9.

1 Like

Well you never struck me as an idiot anyway, so I’m not surprised at all that you take advantage of having all those Team slots.

I’m guessing his situation is the rule, not the exception, for high level players. The only folks that are always using one team are low level players who can’t afford to do otherwise. Which, btw, is still the most efficient route since putting everything into one strong team is better than having a dozen mediocre teams.

Granted there are a few people that innovate and find what becomes the meta (like the skull gen teams), but everyone else that can follow is fast to do so.

Swamp thing
You make my heart sting
You make everything woozy
Wild thing
Wild thing, I think I love you

4 Likes

No… Just No…

on a side note… to find out if a team is good or not, it needs to be brought to lvl 8 or so… this does not take that many souls.

:disappointed_relieved:

pats Sammy’s back It’s Okies, we all have our moment to shine, :slightly_smiling: Try again :confounded:

I liked it. Maybe you just have to be old enough to remember the original song? :hobbles away on her walker:

1 Like

oh, i know the reference… And i’m old enough unfortunately. >.>

Valkyrie… Valkyrah… Valkyrie… Valkyrah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah…

1 Like

I got to face your monster team. It looked interesting.

Of course the game trolled me and gave me one of those 2nd turn wins. I swear the AI read my mind when I thought “Hey, this looks interesting.” So it sent me multiple crazy cascades.

It seems to be doing fairly well so far, just a couple of losses since I put it up this morning (I whupped you in revenge, by the way). Sort of a test run thingy.

1 Like