Swamp Thing

Both of these have Monster Bond too, which works nice with Behemoth. It gives you a pretty good color spread, can use Behemoth to soften up the full lineup, and then pick them off.

4x monster bonus is +2armor, +2 Life, +1 Magic.

I’ll have to see, because, of course, I don’t have any of them leveled or traited, so it becomes expensive to test the experiment.

I have already seen Gob Chomper in chests, so I think the old three month delay is out the window. Not sure about arena, though.

1 Like

No clue about Arena, but event troops are in chests after the event. That means Ghiralee from last week is in chests now (well, in 30 minutes).

So, the current delay for chests is one week?

Okay, something else might be at play for the Arena, then. I’ve just checked and the Goblin Rocket is actually 6 months old: KABOOM! – Gems of War And he also must be in chests, since I have 4 copies of him (and I only bought one at the time, for sure).

He’s still not in the Arena to this day. =(

I’d appreciate an update on that.

We’ll check out the Goblin Rocket tomorrow… no reason he SHOULDN’T be in the Arena!

So are the ultra-rare and below troops receiving only one arcane stone per glory pack instead of two? Just wish to confirm…

VIP Chest this week is Venoxia and Swamplash in case anyone was wondering.

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct.

@Sirrian. Will next week happen to be a new traitstone? 2 traitstones have already repeated from events before 50% have been covered. We are currently at:
Yellow Blue 2x
Yellow Green 2x
Brown Purple
Red
Green
Reb Blue
Brown Yellow
Red Yellow

We actually hadn’t been specifically looking at troop/traitstone colors to ensure there was a nice spread coming out in events. Up until now, first & foremost, we’ve been trying to fill in gaps in Kingdoms, and create some interesting counters & synergies. We’ll keep an eye on the color rotations in future - no promises it will be perfect though!

However, you’ll be pleased to know that next week is a new traitstone!

4 Likes

So in other words, he indirectly helps the Troops on your Team that DO use Blue?

People here seem to bash certain Troops when they “don’t match” their Skills or Traits, but a key component to this game is Team synergy.

It’s an intricate balance between a few factors, but having all 4 of your Troops work together in some way will go a lot further than just creating Skulls.

The main reason people sometimes bash it is a troop that works well with its own traits AND has synergy will be better than a troop that only has synergy. In many cases, teams will just be built around troops that can stand independently as well as with synergy. Troops with synergy alone tend to get left behind in balance due to their dependence on other troops.

I would agree with you except I read way too much about 90%+ of players using the exact same Teams. Most claim it’s because they are “the best option” or that they are “overpowered”. While that may be part of the reason, a bigger reason is the lack of imagination or strategy-making skills by the players themselves.

While the game may not be perfectly balanced, there is no real reason why players can’t create a dozen Teams or more that have the tactical advantage over any other Team setup.

4 Likes

I enjoy creating and using new teams, but I mostly play a team centered around Valkyrie because I want the 40+ souls per game that team generates. My hope is that once I get most of my troops up to 19-20, I’ll start experimenting with more variety.

2 Likes

This is incorrect. Most players have “imagination” and “strategy making skills”. It’s kind of ridiculous to insinuate otherwise.

What ends up happening is people settle on the teams that achieve their goals the best, whether that’s resource collection, trophy collection, speed, etc.

My 20 slots are filled with teams that win anywhere from 70-98% of the time. From experimental teams to theme teams, I am not alone in this.

4 Likes

You definitely aren’t alone, but you are in a small minority.

Trust me, I’ve been playing competitively for 23 years and have played 100s of online games. I actually have an average gaming ability, but my ability to out-strategize and out-think my opponents gets me to the level I have achieved.

Good plan, we have 163 troops, lvl 19-20 takes like 4500 souls (after you collected enough dupes for ascension). just like 15 thousand games to grid before you start experimenting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, it’s not that bad. You get many souls from tributes, chests and disenchanting troops once you ascended them. It depends on how much you play, your guild and so on, but I guess it can easily be more, perhaps much more, than from battles, even with Valkyrie.
Although it’s still a long way, that’s for sure…

Could really use a rework in how souls are earned so that Valkyrie doesn’t feel required. An idea I’ve seen floated is that the amount you get per kill is based on rarity of troop:

White/Green = 1 soul
Blue/Purple = 2 souls
Orange = 3 souls
Mythic = 4 souls

Fight a group of purples? 8 souls.
Fight a group of mythics? 16 souls.

Then you tack on necro traits and difficulty/armor mods.

No problem with that. I still play Warframe, so there is no amount of grind that shocks me anymore.