Stuck on the login screen after clicking Rewards Shop (Fixed 4.3)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam/Windows 7.

Screenshot or image:
Heres me triggering it on purpose:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected to be able to continue to the map screen after entering and exiting the Shop screen via the Rewards Shop button that appears during the daily refresh.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This bug has existed for months, possibly years. I’ve triggered it infrequently, but only recently discovered how to reproduce the issue.

Steps to make it happen again
During the daily login process, rapidly click through the screens with your cursor over the area where the “Rewards Shop” button pops in. If you click the button while it is still animating, you will enter the Shop like normal. However, when you exit, you will be stuck on the screen with the Rewards Screen button when you return. Escape/clicking through doesn’t work, you have to restart.

You must click on Rewards Screen button while it is still playing the animation for it to appear on screen to trigger this bug. This can easily happen accidentally if your cursor happens to be in that place while spam clicking through.

1 Like

Hey Mithran,

Thanks very much for the report!

A few questions: Does this have to be the first login of the day? And do you have to click the tabs in the order you’ve shown, or does it not matter (for when you have managed to reproduce it)?

In my case, I had the game up when the daily rollover happened. If memory serves, it also happens on a fresh restart after the daily rollover if the game was closed.

Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t matter if you click any of those tabs at all, because the bulk of me triggering this bug is by accident and immediately leaving the shop. I clicked the different tabs to see if it would stop the glitch from occurring, and it didn’t. The key to reproducing this is simply hitting the “Rewards Shop” button before it is hits the final position it is supposed to be in. If you spam click, you can sometimes miss hitting the button and get the input that registers on the background and correctly exit this screen before triggering the glitch, so in the clip I precisely timed it so clicked the button as it hit the apex of the upward animation. You can see as the “Battle Bonus” screen pops back after exiting the shop that the Rewards Shop button is still moving and continues its previous movement for a split second before settling into place.

It doesn’t matter how many times you exit and enter the shop, both clicking through and escape key on keyboard no longer progress past the Battle Bonus stage. Forcing a restart works, and bypasses the daily login entirely, presumably because it has already reached the stage where you are flagged to be sent your daily rewards.

1 Like

Thanks for that! The team should have a fix in for the next update version 4.3. :slight_smile: