[Reported] Faction assault shop

Platform, device version and operating system:
steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Opened tuesday Faction Assault. Clicked on shop tab.
Nice shop.

This happens whenever you open up the Shop tab for an Event thatā€™s just started while being logged in over reset. It returns to normal once you restart.

Not sure if thereā€™s a Help Centre article for it or not, but there could well be. While it is kind of buggy, I donā€™t think itā€™s a high priority for the devs, and thereā€™s a simple fix/workaround. ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

4 Likes

have you tried restarting your device?

2 Likes

Still, considering this is an old feature in the game, which has no problems with downloading stuff on the fly all the time, and constantly pinging servers, itā€™s pretty sloppy that it can handle everything else in the event except this one thing.

And since this is a weekly thing (along with many other events in the game), it is pretty sloppy that they canā€™t seem to handle them properly.
But they can quite easily handle fleecing us for money all the time, and adding new ways of fleecing us for more money.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on steam. I donā€™t ā€œrestart my deviceā€, since thatā€™s not needed. Restarting the game itself is enough. Itā€™s still remarkably sloppy from their end.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call it sloppy, but more a consequence of how theyā€™ve implemented certain parts of the game.

When you start the game, it grabs the data required for things to run client-side as much as possible, at the loading screen. It would only grab things that are active that day (ie. world event, campaign).

Clearly, when a reset is triggered, it doesnā€™t force a re-download for some reason. It probably should but I donā€™t know their code-base and several other bugs lead me to believe that is sloppy and needs an overhaul.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s true for many aspects of the game. I stayed logged in during the Sunday-Monday reset and saw this on the campaign menu. Restarting the game fixed it.

2 Likes

Yep, if Iā€™ve left the game open overnight before the weekly reset, when I go into the game it shows me a new Guild Event starting, but if I click on the Event Medal it just says [Medal Info] (or something to that effect) until I exit the game entirely and restart it.

Thatā€™s enough on android phones and tablets as well.

And yeah itā€™s kind of dumb but there are more important issues.

1 Like

Hey thanks for letting us know about these incidents with the empty shop and also the [TASK_TITLE] thing.

The game does need to download the latest content in order for it to show up which a simple restart will solve, however, we did implement some changes to help prevent this from happening as frequently for most people so Iā€™ll mention it to the team.

2 Likes

Was slightly more annoying on my tablet, having to close/kill the task to do that (was a learning experience for me the first timeā€¦)
Simply ā€œclosingā€ the game wasnā€™t enough, since the task was still sleeping in the background.

And thatā€™s one of the reasons this annoyance triggers me, have played plenty of other games with daily events & whatnot, and none of them require the constant restarting that GoW does.

Appreciate the response.

Worst case, the game should have a way to restart itself to force re-initialize daily/weekly/event stuff, instead of forcing it on the user.

Unfortunately, I am aware that this might be a code design issue and could take a bit of re-doing to handle. But the longer things are left like that, the more of a problem it gets to fix (due to the tendency people have to add more & more spaghetti-code workarounds to dodge a bullet).

Oh, yeah, you have to force close the app - but at least not restart the whole device. :sweat_smile: