Stop the annoying excessive flagging

…of a Gigantopithecus you mean… hehe :clown_face:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, my first reaction to this thread was to flag it just to troll. :speak_no_evil:

But I 100% agree.

3 Likes

Now’s our chance. The thread is open!

Though I have nothing to say on the matter…

and its closed again.

1 Like

lol that was fast. I wonder so badly who they are…

It’s still too early for anyone to have cleared the flags, so that one was auto-closing within 5 minutes no matter what happened. The next time it opens, it will be because a mod cleared the flags and then it has a chance of staying open for a while.

2 Likes

I do not believe anyone of those who do it will actually stop because of this thread …
… But I will jump on this train and join you guys on this opinion.

For one of my replies I had to set an alarm clock with the word copy-paste ready, just like @Darkness.

3 Likes

What it’s interesting it’s if you flag something and mods de-flag it, you lost some trust :slight_smile: .
EDIT: apparently, it was never implemented… Oups

By default, 3 untreated flags is enough to hide a post and 12 untreated flags from 5 different users is neccesary to close a thread…

It should be

I’m not sure what settings have been implemented by the devs here (I believe it takes 5 flags to hide a post on the GOW forum), but it seems that once a single post is hidden, it is possible for a single user to get the thread locked by flagging a number of other posts. We’ve seen at least one individual banned for abusing that, so hopefully the mods can continue to put the screws to anyone that is flag-spamming threads.

1 Like

I’m getting quite sick of the flagvasion at the moment too. I’ll be looking into it more real soon and getting @Ozball to help me.

6 Likes

Good… Make him actually do some work instead of just being a mascot lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t mind more Ozball cat pictures, although Salty should start posting them in the “Pet parents” thread…

1 Like

And @Ozball just edited @Vangor’s account, that is the last mythic drop he will ever see.

1 Like

We’re probably being flag trolled by that guy who was banned a couple of months ago. Tasty or whatever his name was, the fake Vangor dude.

1 Like

I’ve just increased the flag tolerance for auto locks, though this is only a temporary measure while we work on some longer terms solutions.

2 Likes

Nice so i can flag 5x same post now?? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m not revealing the exact number for that reason :stuck_out_tongue: But again, this is just while we figure out longer term solutions.

1 Like

Lol i dont see them anyway so no loss there and well worth the joke hahahaha