Still time to change the new Mythic

Wouldn’t it be easier to hope that the AI concedes when seeing your team? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Shade of Zorn doesn’t have any skull damage mitigation and is vulnerable to getting entangled. Putting him in the first slot is a death wish, even if he does manage to survive long enough to cast the spell once, it will do an insignificant amount of damage and likely not summon anything at all. If the aim is to do skull damage, there are far better troops around to do the job, even common ones.

If one were desperate enough, Shade of Zorn could possibly be used somewhere in the back as summoner, gaining mana through trickle damage. Undying blocks Poison, which is another blow to usefulness, but at least Burning, Bleed and Area/Splash damage would register. However, Fist of Zorn is pretty much trash tier as far as summons go, their main role is to cast their empowered spell at the start of the battle, then not get underfoot. Getting a Treasure Gnome summoned instead might actually be an improvement, it only blocks one mana color.

I don’t really know how to salvage this troop, it looks like the winner of some Worst Design contest. Maybe significantly improve the damage part of the spell, boosting it by missing life. Maybe improve the summon part of the spell, letting the Fist of Zorn start with (close to) full mana. Maybe change the rarity, legendary would still be a disappointment, epic might fit.

Sorry, but I am totally skipping this troop. It’s inferior in every single way! I’ll craft it someday.

I don’t really care about the summons, because my goal is to try to keep the existing troops alive.

RNG isn’t helping either. All my supply of Guild Seals (21500) could get spent, and I am not guaranteed to get a single copy, not to mention Glory keys and Gem keys.

Whomever designed the traits and the ability, should revamp it to make it more useful.
Traits are mediocre and pitiful at best. Shade of Zorn should be named Shame of Zorn, literally!

You would expect that an Orc Mythic would pack a heavy punch, like enraged or cursed when dealing damage, but we get more of the same traits that are re-used instead of implementing a few new ones.

In the meantime, knowing what will it come later in July, I think I’ll wait for the Champion of Gaard and the Vash’Dagon troop.

Will you be brazen enough to try to get it, or will you keep your income on much better upcoming Mythics?

2 Likes

It’s still a bad troop, and not in a good way. Look above.

Personally, I’ll spend my glory keys going after it. I don’t care enough to use gem keys or guild seals trying for Gargantaur 2.0.

Certainly not going to break the bank for it! Gargantaur 2.ohreallythatsallhedoes?

Indeed. I don’t think they do. I know that if the enemy transforms your troop, even if your troop is fully traited, you will not get any of your traits active. I am not sure about the summons for the allies, but I would say that they should start with full mana. The question is, will they, or do we have another bug?

In any case, I still don’t understand how are some Legendary troops superior to some Mythic ones.
Yao Guai is one such example. It should have been a Mythic troop from the start.

Gargantaur and Shade of Zorn are probably one of the worst Mythics so far, followed by Xathenos.

Best thing about this new mythic is the graphic, pretty cool looking. Reminds me of that Offspring song, Pretty Fly (for a white guy)

Uh, you might want to experiment with Xathenos a bit more, I’ve found him to be at least tier A. One of the very best troops for high level delves and tower of doom.

1 Like

Two summons for 14 mana, plus controlled gem conversion to fill up your team and keep your turn instead of mediocre single target damage. #ShameOfZorn

7 Likes

Now that is news I can use! Seems like you need to cast him an awful lot to make good use of him, though (half of magic is usually a lot smaller a number than all of life).

Purple aside, is he faster/more reliable than Irongut when fed by Valkyrie or Alchemist?

Come on Devs u can do this.
All u have too do is change the text in the card.
And the code changes with it. Make him do something Interesting then this. A lot of gems are going to be thrown out for nothing.
Let it be worth it. Dont wait another year or 2 to make the third mythic better. U dont need too make a small patch either just to make this mythic better. U can escape all that. By just putting you’re fingers on the keyboard.
Do it for cyber nature. :grin::sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Nothing is able to compete with Irongut in regards to speed. Xathenos excels at survivability, unlike Irongut he’s immune to most nasty status effects and doesn’t need any help to to land his spell (e.g. a source of Curse to get around Impervious). Against high level troops, damage/heal scales up quite fast while seriously crippling any hard hitting incoming spells. Not a troop you want to put in front, you get free meat shields as a safety buffer to buy time when things go seriously wrong.

We should all use this now.

4 Likes

Shame of Zorn

5 Likes

Xathenos gets a bad rap for sure. He can be fun even as a front troop - one of my favorite gimmick decks uses him and 3x Queen Aurora with Unicorn banner. Never filled a mythic troop so fast with normal 3-matches! :laughing:

1 Like

And she is is always horny!

2 Likes

#shameofzorn
#makexathenosgreatagain
#myavatarisntzgdespitehavingzg
#istillseepoundmarks
#dontpeeonmylegandtellmeitsraining

3 Likes

Last chance Devs :grin:

1 Like

#ShameOfZorn