(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Just realized that the new legendary next week that can cleanse all allies on 4/5 gem match doesn’t have immunity to stun. Its basically a lifesaver unless they cast EoE or have Obsidius in which Queen Beetrix becomes useless. Green/Blue already has Mercy and Green has Sister Superior. This little minor detail might diminish the value of Queen Beetrix by a lot.

TL;DR: Give Beetrix a Thick Head. She doesn’t need Deep Vitality :slight_smile:

1 Like

About the Council of Chiefs event, is there any way to get more skulls with the performance of the battle? I won some lower level battles and won more skulls than in higher level battles. What is the logic? I thought that the higher the level of the enemy, the more skulls, but that didn’t happen.
Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

Doubt they’ll change it. The Doom weapons are expensive to craft and you’ve gotta wait for the right kingdom to show up for the event that week, and have the Doom scrolls to level it up. A class weapon is accessible to everyone at anytime, and uses the same Mythic stones that any other class weapon uses.

It’s fine as is. Consider it the “My First Doom Weapon” for new players that won’t be able to craft any of them for months, if they even have the wherewithal to know that the Doom Scythe is one they should be looking for

May 1st Underworld goes to Sin of Maraj.
Still not enough for 10 Stars :frowning:

Deep Hive is out tomorrow! With the last two factions being real stinkers, mediocrity is a nice step up from the norm.

I’m keen on seeing how reliable Queen Beetrix’s spell will be. We know she’ll have some value outside of delves due to her amazing third trait (an even better passive cleanse than the Mythic Voice of Orpheus, who needs yellow matches). Her spell is like Jarl/Venoxia, except she’s unfreezable and has a 40% chance of getting bailed out on a miscast. Her reliability will fall somewhere between those two and King Gobtruffle; hopefully she’s closer to the latter.

What do people think about the Honeydipper faction weapon? Between it being an aimable source of Charm and having a 51% chance of the faction’s extra goodies kicking in, I think it’s a bit better than the many damage-only hero weapons out there.

1 Like

On paper, it does a lot of neat things. In reality, no one uses Viper which was 14 mana. Will have to wait and see.

She can be stunned though, so Voice may still be the superior choice.

1 Like

Viper’s spell is good, but there’s just so many good troops now that it’s hard for a damage-only troop to cut it these days. Honeydipper, between the extra turn chance, half mana chance, and dust storm on cast, might be able to cut it. Dunno.

I saw your post earlier about Beetrix being vulnerable to stun, they may just want to keep the Mythic Voice as the only unstoppable cleanse. The other cleanse-all troops, like Sister Superior and Mercy, are vulnerable to Silence, after all. Stun vulnerability won’t keep Beetrix from being able to erase troublesome statuses at the start of match, and isn’t a crippling weakness IMO.

Of course, I would take the Deep Vitality - Thick Head trade, if the devs want to give it to us.

Any thoughts regarding the changes to the troops made earlier this week? Or do all the previous analyses basically still ring true?

some interesting changes, but not enough to make a giant post.

Beetle Blade: Damage nerf, spell cost nerf, but gets a nifty starts battle with dust storm trait. Dust storm will help with the explosion potion, and Im greedy so that’s all I really care about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dynamite Goat: shrug

Goblette: shrug

Matron Dragotani: Boost ratio change is a positive, but I’m still not a fan of a legendary needing outside help to be useful.

Mistralus: More damage, but gains an extra mana cost. Not a fan of the mana cost increase.

Moth Mage: more damage, but still mediocre as long as its magic/2

Scarab Knight: boost ratio buff, shrug

Other troops: shrug

Moth Mage and Scarab Knight got nice buffs to their chances of getting half mana/extra turn, but their numbers are still too unreliable to cast at the beginning of the turn, as you would with reliable extra turn troops.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a toss-up in my mind whether the changes were an improvement, or just a lateral shift of the “meh” :rofl:

I’m looking at the Underworld map and wonder: will there be a faction right inside this central lava pool? Fire Rift maybe?..

So it looks like Depths of Sin might give us the rare faction troop (Tartarus) that actually does more for the human than for the AI at level 500? Am I reading this right? :rofl:

Hellish Rebuke
Deal [Magic + 6] damage to an Enemy, boosted by their Attack. Gain 10 Souls. [1:1]

You’re assuming what a spell says it does and what it actually does have anything in common these days.

8 Likes

I did say might :wink:

2 Likes

Mistralus arrives in a few hours! She looks like a solidly-above average support Mythic. Her enchant-all third trait will enable some new types of team composition, and elemental typing will allow for many different team options. Her board jumbling will be very beneficial for skull-generating troops; with her, you shouldn’t hardly ever find yourself in a situation where you leave a bunch of skulls for the opponent to capitalize on, and can be more aggressive than usual in casting.

What holds her back most will be lack of comeback factor (she can’t control a board by herself, and has no stat scaling ability) and questionable centerpiece ability due to the wide variance in her damage. Dealing splash damage to 2-4 enemies would’ve solidified her a bit in that regard; hitting her splash damage only one time is pretty terrible for a troop with no way to boost her magic and a 25 mana cost.

It’ll be interesting to see if Mistralus ends up being the strongest 2020 Mythic so far. I think she is due to her versatility, but Mother of Darkness and Umenath are probably better centerpieces. It’s close enough to be interesting.

For sure the best mythic this year so far.

Bar’s been set pretty low though hasn’t it … colors aren’t terrible, I can think of some things to do with this. *nod*

Umenath and Mother of Darkness are both good troops…not in the top class of Mythics, but neither is Mistralus.

That 3rd trait alone would make her worthy of “A Tier” imo.