(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

That’d be neat. ToD needs a shakeup in my opinion as it is so long in between events. I’m sure it’s on the dev’s radar that something needs to be done with that and a method to collect doom scrolls in a reasonable timeframe.

I wonder if there’s significance to it being a legendary troop? Usually we only get them in new troop event key drops or in new delve factions, but there are only 3 kingdoms which need factions left, so possibly a way to keep new troops being introduced regularly without that content?

Ultimate doom , the one that uses all the colors?

Maybe? I also wonder if they’ll eventually put the six Doom troops into key drops eventually since Tower happens so infrequently now. I’ve been playing a year and a half now, but I still only have my Doom troops to Epic level, and I don’t see that changing unless I orb them.

2 Likes

i have 2,250 gems and am thinking of using them on 50 VIP chests. I am wondering if waiting for Mithrilion is a good idea

Probably not, if you have need of other mythics — this one looks likely to only be useful for the purpose of getting kingdom stars.

2 Likes

What do you think?

my current mythics are:

Champion of Anu
Ishtara
Umenath
Undine
Mother of Darkness
Megavore
Plague
Shade of Zorn
Vernalis

My advice would be use gems for other things like event tiers and new delves and such. Keys are plentiful if you’re in a good guild and play a lot.

4 Likes

I’d recommend saving diamonds for Phoenicia and The Possessed King. Using gems to open chests isn’t a very good long term investment, but if you want to do it to beef up your early collection, you probably wouldn’t want to target this upcoming mythic.

Edit: I spent my first 1-2 million glory just opening glory chests. You get an average of one mythic every 100-200k glory (I forget which), and it gets your epics and legendaries to mythic too. Plus lots of gems from the chests.

i feel like Mithrilion/Divinia (to cleanse if mith gets stunned/Keeper of Souls/Fist of Heaven or Rope Dart

woud be a good team

Ultimately it comes down to what you find most fun — no one knows that better than you :man_shrugging:

But if your goal is progress in the game, or competitive Guild Wars teams, there are many other mythics that are much more “must-have” than Mythrilian is likely to be.

Of those you don’t have that I myself use often:

High King Irongut
Euryali
The Gray King
Shahbanu Vespera
Zuul’Goth (not relevant to the key discussion here, but thought I’d toss it out so you’d know to save your orbs, rather than spend them)

There are others. Basically — ask after a specific goal you have, and people here can point you to the best troops to get the job done :+1:

1 Like

Cue1st, I got really excited when I first unlocked the VIP keys and had gems saved up enough to open 50. I will say my personal experience was underwhelming and didn’t shower me with new mythics, so just keep your expectations grounded.

I echo other folks that I’ve had way more luck saving my gems for buying tiers/sigils in guild events than trying for troops with them. It seems like you should do the opposite, but this is the better way. Use your keys when you get them early on until you’ve steadily ascended your troops, don’t focus on mythics so much unless they are blocking your kingdom star upgrading at 10 or higher. They’ll come in naturally, and the devs aren’t kidding when they say some legendaries are better than mythics.

You’ve got some good ones in your collection, use gems to buy the daily Dungeon offer for diamonds, and craft your mythics on the regular every month or so.

1 Like

Mithrilion is a flawed troop. It gains armor, so its heavily susceptible to True Damage (even if it has 50% spell block). Its mostly built up to be a front line troop, but at 24 mana is far too slow to be effective. It gains no actual skull protection either, meaning it’ll be very easy for it to be bursted down by skull damage (which is very common nowadays). It doesn’t help explode 3x3 is worse than destroy 5x5 despite being functionally similar.

Also, Lycanthropy.

Using Mithrilion is basically using a troop on a team you were going to win with, even without Mithrilion.

If you’re dead set on using Mithrilion, Dwarven Gate is basically a functional replacement at a smaller mana cost.

4 Likes

awesome! really helpful! by the way, i am lvl 1100

ironically, i just used one single key….boom! landed Mistralus!

playing;

Death Knell (Stormcaller)
Divinia
Diviner
Mistralus

Sooooo fun

4 Likes

There’s a super common PvP team, that works both as offense and defense (I’m not really into Guild Wars, so others will have to verify if it’s still effective there) using Mistralus.

Purple/Yellow weapon, I’m blanking on the name right now, but it creates green gems boosted by enchanted allies and gives Life to hero
Queen Beetrix
Mistralus
Empowered convertor (most use the shentang rabbit that converts blue to yellow)

If you’re lucky, the board will be set up that your convertor can instantly fill your hero with a 4+ match, which will proc Mistralus’ trait, making your weapon create enough gems to fill Beetrix, and hopefully she can just keep looping til you win.

It’s not a perfect team, as Beetrix is not a 100% guaranteed extra turn, so every now and then she’ll backfire on you, but it’s still effective enough to work most of the time

Does anyone have a graphic for Kingdom Star requirements beyond level 20?

Not mine, not sure who made it.

10 Likes

Thanks! (Less than 10)

It’s by Paulius Stepanas Gems of War Quick Reference Tables. I found the same table with a link to the source in the Wiki-lynx #kingdoms channel Discord.

7 Likes

New Event Spoiler, Gnomes this weekend (Thursday till sunday :face_with_monocle:).

Ok, Update.

But so we get new underworld and guild wars the same weekend… of course + campaign :person_facepalming:

Absolutely worth it for Vault event 4 day weekend. I’ll take that trade anytime.