(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Hopefully, with this new Kingdom we’ll have a Hero Class for Construct. That way Stone Slicer can get a boost.

1 Like

Well, just going by the names, constructs is likely. But I welcome more Demons at the table :wink:

Also “Evil Gargoyle”? C’mooooooon.

A lot of the troop names found in spoilers are basically placeholders.

2 Likes

Well, I asked some time ago about GoW graphics - special gem pictures, to be specific: flasks, snowflakes, cursed gems, flaming gems etc. But nobody answered. I cannot find them on Taran’s site, and I remember that I saw them there. Just where are they? Were not extracted from files? Or what?

I will be surprised if it’s not. What the point of designing a new kingdom if it doesn’t solve the issue of troop type without class.

By the way, the class will be likely called Geomancer, perfectly fitting the theme. The class weapon data is in there already. Could be changed though, but I don’t think it will.

My issues right now is that there are only 19 troops instead of 20 like Nexus. The Tower Tarot, Legendary Boss, Legendary Kingdom Pass, and Quest-giver are probably already locked in, but I don’t know how the Mythic will work with current Zodiac run.

The only way I can think of is giving Cancer to Hellcrag, as a stone crap will be fitting the theme, and Cancer don’t have data or kingdom yet. But kingdom release is a month too late, so I don’t know…

2 Likes

Seems the next campaign will be themed around the new kingdom, so I expect the mythic campaign reward will be for Hellcrag. Same as Nexus had.

Kalika was released as ordinary first Friday chest mythic. Nexus happened during the campaign where Tihamata (for Dragon’s Claw) was the reward.

I would also point out that if you go to the bottom of the troop Spoilers page over at Taransworld, you’ve got a listing for a Tarot card (The World) and a mythic (Medusa) currently linked to Mist of Scales. Mind you, this isn’t anything definitive, but it suggests to me that those two would be linked to the next campaign in the absence of other Tarot and mythic troops being listed at present.

We can have a Hellcrag mythic independent of the campaign mythic. Plus, Medusa would make a level of thematic sense for Mist of Scales, with Euryali already there.

2 Likes

@Kezef that was my take as well that Mist of Scales will be the next Campaign which will overlap with the Hellcrag Kingdom Pass. I can’t remember if Nexus’ release overlapped with the Campaign at the time, but the devs have confirmed they will run concurrently.

I’m looking for references to this on Taran’s and don’t see it in any of the Language files. Geomancer would definitely make sense from a thematic standpoint. Other than Stone for trait family, I wonder what the other two would be.

My recall is that Nexus debuted during Week 4 or 5 of the “Wild Magic” campaign that featured Tihamata. And that we all spent the remainder of the campaign with King Heliodor as a battle-crasher for the kingdom pass and the angst that the 10th appearance of Heliodor on a given day was much, much more rare than the first nine.

(EDIT: If I were in front of my console and not here on my PC, I could confirm which week it is by going back and reading the lore for that campaign. But I’m 99.9% certain that it’s one of the two. I believe there was one week between the third Nexus visit and the campaign’s end week in Dragon’s Claw, but I could be mis-remembering.)

2 Likes

This is purely just my hunch and isn’t anything I know from beta testing. It seems to make sense for Geomancer to be Hellcrags class with a stone/crag theme and nature runes etc

2 Likes

Fresh batch of updates over at Taransworld. Among the notables is the June mythic, which is not a Zodiac critter.

Also there are names (but no further description) for a couple of the delve creatures being added to the old stuff. If one tries to make educated guesses at spells based on names, the Lapina Healer would probably make a pure faction run in The Warrens a fair amount easier by giving the player healing options the AI likely won’t enjoy.

Im actually kind of excited for the June mythic.

Bit of a (lazy) similarity to Wild Queen, but should be effective.

Might be useable for Guild Wars, might also be a viable in an E12 speed team paired with Flaming Oni.

So, any guesses what happened to the Zodiac mythics, put on hold due to low popularity? Apparently we are getting The Wild King as mythic next month, with Cancer nowhere in sight.

1 Like

Guess is they need the mythic for new kingdom first (same as Kalika).
Then they will resume the zodiac sequence

There is also the possibility that they want to release zodiac mythics in their own month, thus postponing Cancer to unknown date.

There is no devs born between 22 june - 22 july
:laughing:

I think I agree with @Samyaza : I believe skipping over Cancer is probably a kingdom thing, namely that the developers want to stick it in Hellcrag. The seemingly “obvious” link otherwise would be Merlantis which already has one of the Zodiac mythics; I suppose Blackheart could also house such a creature, but perhaps this means that they’re looking to go in a somewhat different direction with the “crab” emphasis.

Yeah, the new different delve troops all seem to be Epic level as well. I’m wondering if that means they’ll be released in the Shop like previous Epic faction troops where they are pullable via shards as well as purchasing Tiers.

I’m also interested in the Broken Spire and Adana troops which are just chilling in the queue. Those seem like they have something to do with the Broken Spire kingdom update on the Roadmap.

That’s what I thought too, but now Hellcrag also have its own Mythic - Stone Demon Knight. So if they will really take 2 months break from Zodiac run, the schedule will be beyond repair now.

Although, July Mythic will be released on Friday 1st, which is still 3 day away from Hellcrag release, so Mythic before kingdom doesn’t make sense either. So, non-Hellcrag Cancer still have a chance?

Still, if Hellcrag Mythic is on August, then Prideland Leo will be push out too far on September. It’s all so confusing!

Also, Hellcrag still have one troop short (15+4) compare to Nexus (20), and their rarity doesn’t match up either.

There are not enough Epic troops, so likely only Godslayer, no Siegebreaker. No Guide/Pathfinder either, but the troop name suggest there are 2 of them, on Grosh-nak and Nexus (again?) week.

But there are 5 Legendary. First 3 are Tarot, Quest Boss, and Kingdom Pass Crown troop. The other 2 are unknown right now. Could be Pass reward, or Event Key Exclusive, which is kinda strange.

After Stone talents, my money is on Chaos (because of the demon sub-theme), and Knowledge. Knowledge has the Construct bonus Life at level 100, so I assume it’s tied to Construct troops.

If they actually give the Geomancer the Stone Skin trait, it might make a great Tank hero. It’ll be tough to compete against Elementalist and Sentinel otherwise, as those two are already really good. I’m really intrigued to see what they give the class for a 3rd trait

1 Like