(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Single troop buff pets? Interesting…

Well, that’s one way to provide buffs to old troops without changing their cards.

Something like that opens Pandora’s Box wide open on all troops going forward. If buffs/effects to troops are going to be added via pets acting as equipment equivalents for troops, think about the possibilities for the future. Potentially any troop, regardless of base rarity, could be further boosted by a future pet.

Of course, old troops would be the start of such a system to get players accustomed to this. But then, in the future, there’s a very realistic possibility of new troops being released that require new specific pets to realize their full potential. Those pets could then be locked behind whatever progression, time-limited event, premium passes, or other monetization schemes the devs cook up in the future.

Potential monetization for this is almost off the charts.

2 Likes

Nice! but they need to change the name of it to “Epicness Reborn update” :smile:
since all these troops belong of that rarity

1 Like

Hellclaw Rager’s ability deals damage to an enemy. If they’re an elemental, it does triple damage. If the enemy dies, Hellclaw Rager is Enraged.

Hellclaw Rager’s second trait is Bloodlust: Become Enraged when an enemy dies.

So…

Whenever an enemy dies, Hellclaw Rager becomes Enraged (because of their trait). That would include if their ability kills an enemy. So why does their ability Enrage them? The only possible scenario where that would matter is if their trait is disabled (either it wasn’t unlocked, or it’s Arena, or they’re stunned).

Either way, that’s a really poor design choice. Either replace the Bloodlust trait, so the only way to become Enraged is killing an enemy with the Ability. Or replace the Enrage part of the Ability to something that actually does something, because they’re already becoming Enraged due to trait.

9 Likes

The trait would also trigger and thus enrage him when an enemy dies of anything else, like burn, deathmark, poison or whatever other reason.

So keeping the trait seems the best option. Although its vulnerability to stun remains a fact then.

2 Likes

Not only stun, but it’s an Epic troop and would be available on Arena. It would one shot enemy elementals and he’d become Enraged. But I don’t think that’s a reason for him to have identical functions on an ability and a trait.

If his trait is available (unlocked, not arena, not stunned) then it would make him enraged if his ability killed an enemy, which makes the enrage on the ability pretty useless.

1 Like

yes, if enemy dies of anything else like…killed by another troop for example

1 Like

Tarot cards?

Sure looks like it.

We have the name for the next campaign artifact: [ARTIFACT_30009_NAME] The Hellcrag Monument.

1 Like

so its based on the new kingdom.

I could see that

1 Like

Seems so and The World could be belong to Mist of Scales

So we have a few details on the new troop being added to the delve All Seeing Eye.
Looks cool, not overpowered but can add some flexibility to the delve team, similar to Xerodars spell that concerts Yellow to Skulls.

I do hope that 3rd trait is a further placeholder, as that is utterly useless in delves enemies don’t have masteries, only in PvP and it’s frequently a #2 trait on most troops with lower rarities.

I am going to speculate and assume the troop will be released with the weekend event for the related faction this month. Could be thrown in the event shop then as well.

2 Likes

So… its not a Common troop. As expected.

I can’t tell if this troop is useful or not. Would I even want more skulls on the table for this faction?

All Seeing Eye might become more difficult if the enemy delve team gets it though.

Hmm… interesting.

My eyes are immediately drawn to a couple things.

First, Epic rarity. As it stands, when puling troops to a faction to max them, Epic is generally among the first things to be fully ascended AND you get extra copies from the shop on every faction event you buy into. This means very little for the veterans who have already maxed all troops in this faction, but for the new players, this is probably exactly where you’d want another troop to be on the table to muck with your ability to max all troops from a faction the least. It is also much less of a wrinkle than adding a “common” rarity to faction troop draws, potentially skewing ALL other rarities and/or interfering with the treasures table.

Second, Yellow/Brown coloring. This is especially notable because, as things stand now, you wouldn’t even be able to use this troop in the All-Seeing Eye delve. Unknown if this signals a new rule incoming for delves that allows faction troops to break the normal color rules, or if this is an embarrassing first-pass oversight that will (hopefully) be fixed before the troop actually goes live, since it is looking increasingly likely that this is a thing that will come to pass. Or, if it isn’t even intended to actually be usable in the delve, which would be a huge let-down given previous speculation on these troops being added to potentially give a few alternate options to tackling pure-faction delves.

17 Likes

That new All-Seeing Eye troop (as currently listed) is disappointing to me on another level: He’s basically a “Diet Xerodar”. Helpful to an extent that he’s aimable damage, something that’s lacking with the current four troops, but less damage (and damage potential) than the two current damage-dealers in that delve.

For the same mana cost, Ocularen will do roughly double the damage (but not aimable), has a better boost ratio, plus his transformation has the possibility to re-fill himself. For 3 mana more, Xerodar will do roughly double the damage (but not aimable), has a better boost ratio, and his third trait is much better.

I’ve beaten this delve (potion-less) at level 500 with a faction team, so this is largely a nothing-burger to me. But I hope that the developers are reading this and make some changes, especially to the points that @Mithran raised above.

3 Likes

Having another color to skulls in that delve, even if that troop is not as good as the legendary, will make that delve a lot easier though.

1 Like

Red gems to skulls? RED? The ones we need in order to get the Ocularen Leech powered up? Ouch!

1 Like

Looks like the list of Hellcrag troops has started to be posted to Tarans in the Language files.

Whatcha all thinking for the kingdom type, Constructs? There seem to be a ton of Daemons, but there are already multiple Daemon kingdoms. They all have stone as a theme, but I would be really surprised if there were two Elemental kingdoms released back to back.

3 Likes