(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Does look like a Sun Crest indeed.

Looking at the crest, I assume next kingdom is going to have a yellow/green banner (so Arcane Light).

3 Likes

Could this be the Kingdom with plant creatures Nimhain hinted at? :flushed:

2 Likes

Dunno… from the crest it feels more beast-like to me.

1 Like

It should be the kingdom of Stryx (some kind of humanoid bird-like creatures). Nimhain did post an image of one: https://community.gemsofwar.com/uploads/short-url/dKJpinb2T2xCXm2yuDulrkh6H64.jpg

5 Likes

Definitely get the beast-like feeling. Seems like the Sun in the name would go with plants. -shrugs- Either way seems to be pretty cool. The colors even make sense.

According to the files Suncrest seems to be inhabited by mainly Stryx.

1 Like

Or the sun could mean a really high place (thus close to the sun), which explains why mostly birds live there. This theory is also backed up by the fact that Suncrest used to be called Highcrest in the files.

Except… I don’t see any place on the map that would fit the description. I originally thought it would be the place where Dragon’s Claw is now, but that’s obviously taken.

2 Likes

how about one of the fogged mountains :
-below dakrstone (plant kingdom would be cool here)
-below zhulkari (looks like good place for birds?)
-above blighted lands (looks like good place for birds?)

Another theory: maybe it’s a desert kingdom, and the sun in the name is supposed to represent a place that’s hot and yellow (so desert).

Maybe they were planning to put Highcrest on the Dragon’s Peak spot originally, and changed their mind after a dragon kingdom was decided on. That can also explain why the name change was necessary at all.

2 Likes

There are no clouds behind blighted lands, so no new kingdom there. The only available desert is the one to the right of Drifting Sands.

1 Like

The names of the troops in the files would hint its a mayan kingdom actually

3 Likes

Damnit, I knew that crest looks like it’s Mayan/Aztec.

It would seem like we’re all just guessing here. :joy:

If it is a Mayan type kingdom I could see some birds, jungle type creatures/plants, and maybe something that generates gold?

For the moment, the position of this kingdom is

I hope we get a joke with the end of the world for 2012 :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

The kingdom shield reminds me anything jungle-related, so I wouldn’t discard the plants =p

2 Likes

@HKdirewolf, your tendency to delete your old posts is a bit annoying. You make other posts seem to be out of context.

Well excuse me. I didn’t think my comments added really anything to the conversation, so I deleted them. Plus your replies to me are still there. :worried:

Absolutely everything I post adds to the conversation.

Exactly my point. It looks like I’m replying to thin air, which doesn’t feel great. I can’t tell you what to do, but if you keep doing it I will have to just quote you every time. A bit bothersome, but I’ll manage.

No that’s fine. When we’re talking directly i’ll remember don’t delete. No worries.

I don’t post on the forums unless i’m playing the game. So sometimes i’ll rush post while playing, then come back and edit or delete later.

I hope so. Purple and Blue are over-represented.

LOVE it. That’s awesome.