(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Instead of Death Mark they could put “Dispel all enemies” and reduce the mana cost. That would make an interesting and useful weapon.

4 Likes

Looking forward to saving up 8 orbs of power for Cursed Pharaoh Nefertani! Same spell, higher mana cost, and a 40% chance to deathmark all enemies at the start of my turn!

(Yes I know Salty said campaign bosses won’t be happening every campaign. This is a joke)

With a lot of grinding these days, players are looking for quick battles and never-ending loops. If you are not losing your turn, then you are not gonna kill anyone with a deathmark. That is what makes the new mythic (Nefertani / Sacrophagus) bad.

Good lord, Ishtara would be a mediocre legendary troop, with her current spell and traits.

New spoilers:

Troops filled out until October 26th. Check it for yourself if you think there’s anything really worthwhile, I’ll just list what I think is interesting.

1. Auspecia
    She’s seen things…

Arcane: Rage
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Type: Centaur, Mystic

Vision of the Stars
Give [Magic + 1] Life to an Ally. Then remove all Blue, Green, Red and Brown Gems from the Board.
Mana Cost: 13
(I’m assuming Color is TBD)

Trait #1: Centaur Bond
Allied Centaurs gain 2 Life.

Trait #2: Magic Heart
Gain 1 Life for each Purple ally.

Trait #3: Air Heart
Gain 1 Life for each Yellow ally.

That sounds… interesting, especially with a storm.

1. Orrery
    Watch out for the Great Conjunction.

Arcane: Rage
Base Rarity: Legendary
Troop Type: Construct, Mystic
Troop Role: Mage

Planets Align
Destroy a row and column. Deal [Magic + 1] damage to all Enemies, boosted by Purple and Yellow Gems destroyed. [3x]

(I’m assuming Color is TBD)
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #1: Inscribed
Gain 1 Armor when an enemy casts a spell.

Trait #2: Impervious
Immune to all Status Effects, Devour, and Mana Burn.

Trait #3: Astronomy
Conjure a Starstorm at the start of my turn.

What the heck is a Starstorm? I guess… Yellow/Purple? Sounds like a good early game troop.

No changes to Ishtara sadly.

1. Athame of Shadows

Rarity: Legendary
Weapon Type: Dagger
Weapon Role: Striker
Darkstone
Red, Purple
14 Mana

Athame of Shadows
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to the Enemy. If the Enemy’s Attack is higher, there’s a 20% chance to kill them.

Conceptually, that’s useful… until you realize its just another 20% chance to instakill weapon. shrug

9 Likes

Did anyone watch the Gems of War stream last night?

In my opinion, even Salty didn’t seem to enjoy the new mythic very much.

Well, it doesn’t fit into the restricted play style that she sets for herself on the GoW streams. For example, she doesn’t make skull matches, even it would win her the match.

The mythic’s shtick is blessing other troops and to a lesser degree being a yellow generator. Disregarding the troop’s bless mechanics and then disregarding the skull resistance by not placing it in the top slot, all that is left is a very mediocre to somewhat poor AoE damaging troop. I’d be bored and disappointed, too.

7 Likes

Not too late to make it tenable by reverting to the previous 3rd trait.

1 Like

some very minor spoilers, but I thought they were neat.

1. ** Arcturion**

Ice Curse
Create 5 Brown Gems, boosted by Blue Allies. Freeze a random Enemy.

Guess it depends on the boost ratio…

1. Bonebound Dredge

Restless Dead
Destroy a column. Create 2 Doomskulls for every Green Gem destroyed. Conjure a Bonestorm.

I like the concept. I don’t know if its good enough as is…

When I use Sky Hero, I tend to find an average of 3 yellow gems to destroy in a column… translated to this troop, it would just be 6 Doomskulls.

I guess at worst, its a low rarity troop that I end up ignoring. Would be nice to be useable though.

1. and for the main event:
# Item name Old New
1 [ARENA_REROLL_QUERY] Compete with this team?

Have you ever wanted to reroll in Arena without throwing away 2k gold and quitting out? I know I have. Will it cost to reroll? probably, but at least hopefully without forcing a quit out this time…

5 Likes

Or Curse all enemies → would have similiar effect and potential for adding extra debuffs by other troops.

We already have Fiend Fire for Curse All + Burn… Not sure if Duskbringer needs to be just a Curse All

1 Like

Maybe Curse and Silence ALL ? That might be kind of OP…

Xbox One System Update interupted my faction run/made me lose a sigil, so I had time to look up spoilers.

**Arcturion
Demon? Or just a space rock?

Arcane: Swamp
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Type: Elemental, Daemon
Troop Role: Generator

Ice Curse
Create 5 Brown Gems, boosted by Blue Allies. Freeze a random Enemy. [2x]

Mana Color: Blue, Green
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #1: Water Heart
Gain 1 Life for each Blue ally.

Trait #2: Insulated
Immunity to Frozen.

Trait #3: Ice Armor
Reduce damage from Skulls by 65%.

I don’t know what you do with Brown mana on a Blue team, but the fact Maraji Queen is also blue means you can easily do 9 between this and Maraji. 3 Blue = 11 Brown and 4 Blue = 13 Brown. It also has Skull reduction and immunity to Freeze.

This is good? I think?

Other troops got their troop colors, Orrery being Blue, Yellow.

Shrunken Head/ Human Pet is scheduled for Oct 21, 2020
Howler/Cosmetic is scheduled for Oct 28, 2020
Compact Cookie/Cosmetic is scheduled for Nov 11, 2020
Hot Head/ Dec 09, 2020 is scheduled for Dec 9, 2020

We were a bit overdue for new pets, but yikes. good luck to mythic collectors.

Basing on the current campaign artifact i did a table:

Camapign week Kingdom Points for pree pass points for elite+ pass free pass max stats from artifact elite+ max stats from artifact free vs elite+ GW week
1 Grosh’nak 100 120 0life,3attack,0armor,0magic 0life,3attack,0armor,0magic - no
2 Mist of scales 200 240 5life,3attack,0armor,0magic 5life,3attack,0armor,0magic - no
3 Darkstone 300 360 5life,3attack,0armor,2magic 5life,3attack,0armor,2magic - yes
4 Divinion Plains 400 480 10life,3attack,0armor,2magic 10life,3attack,0armor,2magic - no
5 Dragon Claw 500 600 10life,3attack,5armor,2magic 10life,6attack,5armor,2magic 3attack no
6 Drak-zum 600 720 10life,6attack,5armor,2magic 10life,6attack,10armor,2magic 5armor no
7 Sword’s Edge 700 840 10life,6attack,10armor,2magic 10life,9attack,10armor,2magic 3attack yes
8 Drifting Sands 800 960 10life,9attack,10armor,2magic 10life,9attack,15armor,2magic 5armor no
9 Whitehelm 900 1080 10life,9attack,15armor,2magic 10life,9attack,15armor,4magic 2magic no
10 Khetar 1000 1200 10life,9attack,15armor,4magic 10life,9attack,15armor,4magic - no

I’m putting it in spoilers because not everyone wants to know which kingdoms will be in next weeks.

3 Likes

Emperinazar

so, a 5-way vs 2 other 4-ways…

but i’m quite happy, finally Khaziel will get it’s delve

1 Like

Speaking of Emperinazar, the Kobolds are looking great!

In general, not a bad batch of troop art :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

The art for some upcoming troops is killer. It’s so good!

Yes, nice to see some good art eventually.

What are these kobolds? I mean Troop Type. They look Dragonians and belong to a “Dragon” place, so will it be correct to assume they’ll be Dragons?..

See me hold my purple tornado fart!

1 Like