(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Hopefully they checked the code that generates campaign tasks.

2 Likes

Squinting a little it looks like we’ll need the Ankh, Blade and Scarab of Nefertani to craft Duskbringer. Hope those won’t be paywalled into the next campaign, Nefertani sounds like the new campaign theme.

1 Like

After Enraged Khurandara, I have no doubt the weapon will be linked to campaign weapons.

My guess is, the weapons will be part of the elite pass rewards track. At some point after the campaign, they will be added to the Soulforge and craftable the same way Dawnbringer components are. Or like regular weapons. So if you’re looking at the game a year from now, they won’t look campaign related at all.
Dawnbringer has 3 weapon components as well, could be a mirror crafting recipe (3 weapons, 1 million souls, gems and celestial traitstones).

I’m just hoping it won’t need a bunch of Orbs of Power to craft :confused:

2 Likes

At this point, I severely doubt that any future campaign won’t have something temporarily paywalled in the Elite Pass. It’s a key selling point of the pass.

6 Likes

As long as class xp isn’t offered in the arena. It should be dead to anyone who still needs class xp. That’s what 99% of the player base?
Even 1 XP is better than 0 xp.

5 Likes

Got this from tonight’s stream when they were going through menus. Hopefully they don’t mind me posting it :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

4 Likes

We got Ancient Sarcophagous and Queen Nefertini from spoilers already, I think, but it’s good to see it confirmed.

EDIT: Oooh a 3-room Delve!

3 Likes

Yeah TimeKnight had posted about it above here, although interestingly, that picture had Sarcophagus of The Ancient instead of Ancient Sarcophagus.

I like this MUMMY <3

23 Factions in.
Already out of Layout ideas.
I look forward to Bugged Hall of Guardians nonetheless. :grinning:

My bad…Arachid Hall of Guardians*

1 Like

This makes me smile for some reason, and lookit the dragon I’m spacing on the name of! :smiley:

A three-room delve that goes through a tier 5 isn’t exactly the best thing. Unless that’s a treasure room in which case it’d be stupid/er.

100% agreed on this.
It will same mechanics as with Silver Necropolis Legendary (whatever was her name).
Or like with Orpheous Voice (where his mana is not calculated for spell damage).
“On cast” effects go in, when you click “cast” button, no matter if the spell does AOE/hits/destroys on random or is targetted spell. So Bless goes off from a unit same moment as you press the “cast” button.

1 Like

Some spoiler updates
Pets, Events and khaziel gets his delve in november.

Edit: khaziel delve date resetted… :thinking:

1 Like

New Spoilers, short but sweet:

I kindly ask, please don’t run around spoiling things outside of spoiler topics… Not everyone wants every surprise ruined.

1. Duskbringer:
Spoilers

Deal [Magic + 2] damage to all Enemies, boosted by Purple Allies and Enemies. Death Mark all Enemies. If there are 13 or more Brown Gems, gain 2 Magic. [2x]
Colors: Green, Purple, Brown
24 mana

Thoughts:

On one hand, I don’t like how this is 24 mana and Dawnbringer is 20 mana. On the other hand, Deathmark all enemies can be strong. However, cleanse should be more common nowadays. I don’t know, what I think. It ain’t bad, but I don’t know if its 24 mana good.

1. Ankh of Nefertani
    Give [Magic + 1] Life to an Ally, boosted by Brown Gems. Then give them a quarter of their Mana. [3:1]
    Color: Green
    14 mana

A terrible version of the Dawnstone and might be worse than the Keystone. Why bother?

1. Blade of Nefertani
    Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy. If the Enemy uses Purple Mana, Death Mark them.
    Color: Brown
    14 mana

… Do the parts have to be throwaway weapons? Wouldn’t it just be easier to use Life & Death at this point?

1. Scarab of Nefertani
    Eliminate [Magic + 1] from a random skill, then Curse, Death Mark and Disease an Enemy.
    Color: Purple
    14 mana

Not amazing, but at least has a small hint of usability…

1. Pharaoh Nefertani
    She has mummy issues.

Arcane: Storm & Lava
Base Rarity: Mythic
Troop Type: Undead
Troop Role: Assassin

Talon of Horus
Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Death Marked Enemies. Curse and Disease all Enemies. [10x]

Mana Color: Red, Yellow, Brown
Mana Cost: 24

Trait #1: Necromancy
Gain 50% bonus Souls from battle.

Trait #2: Undying
Immune to Poison, Disease, and Death Mark.

Trait #3: Pharaoh’s Curse
Death Mark a random Enemy when matching 4 or more Gems.

Is this good? I can’t tell. I’m leaning on I don’t like it. Probably not a good mythic to release after Kurandara…

Death Mark on 4/5 match should be exciting, but after teasing deathmarks with the Doom troops and the Doomsayer class, this trait just exists to me I guess.

Necromancy is a nice bonus, but feels out of place on this troop. Single target damage is disappointing, even with its boost ratio. Curse and disease all is strong, but pales in comparison to Kurandara having curse all as a 3rd trait.

Curse, Disease and occasional Deathmarks is the combination I’m not certain on.

Is it too late to ask for this spell to attack a second target? Or generate souls on cast (especially equal to magic)? I’m glad it has a secondary effect at least.

I don’t know, maybe someone else has a more exciting opinion on this.

P.S. Ishtara is really screwed after this troop is released. (Kurandara curses before its release, Nefertani curse all on spell cast.) Can we change the 3rd trait please? Don’t want another dead mythic on day 1.

4 Likes

If Death Mark is reapplied, it resets the one-turn grace period, right? So constantly DMing the entire opposing team would mean the effect never gets a chance to trigger?

5 Likes

I believe that’s how it works currently. Its probably a good thing Nefertani doesn’t Deathmark all enemies on 4/5 match…

Does Death Mark still actually have a grace period? I could swear that I got instakilled in GW against a Drowned Sailor team.

I trust people to not take spoiler talk to people who aren’t interested in it. But TheIdleOne is right to remind everyone in this particular case, given how long we’ve been waiting for this weapon.

Anyhow. I don’t think it should cost anything different from DB, regardless of what it actually is.

2 Likes