(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

not on Taran’s schedule yet

3 Likes

Told you. :grinning: @Lorien1973

the schedule is updated and now it shows up. Two new pets in one month though…again. pricey lol

1 Like

True but this upcoming pet was shown off on the patch preview 2 years ago. So it was about time. Lol

3 Likes

I don’t think my internal calendar can handle ToD the week after GW. Is this a permanent adjustment? I guess ToD gets retired eventually, so ‘permanent’ isn’t right word.

And what’s with Bounty Weekend not following Delve Weekend? My mind is properly fudged now.

There will be scheduling adjustments in the future to accommodate the addition of Campaigns to the game. It’s possible that ToD could occur the week after a GW week in the future, but it is not a hard standard.

The new general schedule for events in 5.0 is should be revealed on the stream in ~12 hours from now.

3 Likes

so before Illithia is forgotten due to 5.0, we finally have faction troop spoilers.

It looks to be moderately slow, but potentially strong.

1. Hive Mind
    Base Rarity: Legendary
    Troop Type: Monster
    Troop Role: Support

Mind Crush
Steal [Magic + 1] Magic from an Enemy and shift it to a random Skill on all Allies. [1:1]

Mana Color: Yellow, Purple
Mana Cost: 15

Trait #1: Deep Magic
Gain 5 Magic when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Spell Armor
Reduce damage from Spells by 25%.

Trait #3: Psychic Pulse
Give all Monster Allies 2 to a random Skill when matching 4 or more Gems.

It’ll be solid with potions, potentially mean/powerful with 2 of them on a delve team, but may not be super useful outside of delves/potion. 3rd trait is unremarkable, but not the worst. Would stack with the Dervish hero class for more Monster Madness though.

1. Illithian Servitor
    Base Rarity: Epic
    Troop Type: Monster, Mystic
    Troop Role: Mage

Dark Portal
Deal [Magic + 1] damage to all Enemies. Then steal 2 Magic from them all.

Mana Color: Blue, Purple
Mana Cost: 14

Trait #1: Deep Vitality
Gain 9 Life when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Magic Spirit
Gain 1 Magic for each Purple ally.

Trait #3: Spell Armor
Reduce damage from Spells by 25%

… So do I consider Will of Nysha weak or this Epic very strong? Will of Nysha steals before doing damage and this steals after the damage… (unless they get lazy and use WoN’s coding for this troop). Should be useful in the delves.

1. Illithian Colossus
    Base Rarity: Ultra-Rare
    Troop Type: Monster, Giant
    Troop Role: Defender

Tentacle Slam
Steal [Magic + 1] Magic from an Enemy and shift it to Life and Armor. [1:1]

Mana Color: Blue, Brown
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #2: Regeneration
Recover 1 Life at the start of each turn.

Trait #3: Stoneskin
Reduce damage from Skulls by 50%.

Typical first slot Stoneskin that can decently neuter enemy spell damage for self-preservation. Reads like a fill and leave full troop though.

1. Mind Eater
    Base Rarity: Rare
    Troop Type: Monster
    Troop Role: Striker

Devour Intellect
Deal damage to an Enemy. If they survive, steal 4 Magic.

Mana Color: Red, Purple
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #2: Monster Bond
Allied Monsters gain 2 Life.

Trait #3: Agile
20% chance to dodge Skull damage.

Garbage bin.

Faction team might be:

Illithian Colossus
Illithian Servitor
Hive Mind
Hive Mind

probably some kind of purple blue banner

12 Likes

Ok, normally weapons aren’t interesting so I never check them, but this time there’s some relevant ones.

Devil’s Bane
Rarity: Legendary
Weapon Type: Sword
Weapon Role: Assassin

Mana Color: Blue, Green

Devil’s Bane
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy. There is a 1% chance to kill them, boosted by Daemon Enemies. [3x]

+1 Attack, +4 Armor, +2 Attack, +4 Life, +1 Magic, Mighty, Anti-Magic, Striking, Sacred (Bless Myself)

Hammer of Force

Weapon Type: Hammer
Weapon Role: Assassin

Mana Color: Red, Yellow

Hammer of Force
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an Enemy. There is a 1% chance to kill them, boosted by Elemental Enemies. [3x]

+1 Attack, +2 Attack, +4 Life, +2 Attack, +2 Attack, Armored, Flaming (Burn the First Enemy), Rending, Fire (Create a Firestorm)

1% base rate is pathetic… some of the other hero weapons provide a 10% base rate and still never see play. up to +12% more is still basically nothing.

Decent Affixes, but both weapons could use base rate buffs. Its being sold to us in the elite pass right? no sense making it filler fluff.

Monday
Aug 03, 2020

Ethereal Shield

Weapon Type: Shield
Weapon Role: Defender

Ethereal Shield
Gain [Magic + 1] Armor and Barrier a random Ally for every Daemon Enemy. [1:1]

+2 Armor, +4 Armor, +4 Life, +4 Armor, +1 Magic, Armored, Radiant, Enchanting, Stunned

I don’t really know what you’re supposed to do with this thing, but self-enchant, stun the first enemy, and give 1 mana to all allies is half-decent. Wish it said Barrier a random Ally boosted by every Daemon Enemy. The difference between 0 and 1 Barrier as a base significantly changes the value of this weapon…

3 Likes

Interestingly it doesn’t say “Gain [Magic + 1] Armor. Then Barrier a random Ally for every Daemon Enemy. [1:1]”. I wonder if the first part might also be based on the number of Daemon troops in the opponent team.

1 Like

There are no generators in this faction? This will be definitely slow.

I also agree it’s slow but that might not actually be all that detrimental for your team in the faction fight (the other rooms might be another story).

At first glance, the faction strategy seems to be to lower the opposing hive and collosus troops’ magic down to zero as quickly as possible then focus on the rest. I could be wrong but this seems like a doable faction without potions.

4 Likes

It’s weird that I’m actually willing to believe that the game file says “Deal damage to an enemy” for a spell effect.

1 Like

At least they’re getting the hang of the “If, then” logic!!

3 Likes

It normally is the other rooms that provide the biggest challenge to pure faction runs.

How many rooms in the path of least resistance? Legendary rooms? That type of challenge can make or break a run.

2 Likes

I’m trying to work out what Kingdom the new faction (illithia) will be tied to. Four monsters, but it can’t be Drifting Sands because that’s already linked with The Deep Hive. Here are the Kingdoms that have no Delve Factions with the number of Monster troops it has and its current max power.

Kingdom Max Power # Monsters
Adana 12 0
Blackhawk 14 5
Broken Spire 13 1
Dhrak-Zum 9 2
Dragon’s Claw 13 1
Ghulvania 15 3
Grosh-Nak 15 1
Karakoth 15 4
Khaziel 14 2
Maugrim Woods 13 2
Pridelands 14 2
Wild Plains 17 4
Zhul’Kari 12 3

I’m fairly positive this will be linked with Karakoth, even though Dhrak-Zum could clearly use the most help in bumping up its max power. Karakoth fits the style of these troops the most: stealing magic, buffing its troops, and the epic troop is a Mystic which pairs incredibly well with Medea.

So that’s my guess. Karakoth. Although, taransworld does say the Gem Mastery of Illithia is Blue, but that must be talking about something other than the Kingdom it’s linked with, because none of the Kingdoms left without Delves have a Blue mastery. All the Blue mastery Kingdoms have delves (Glacial Peaks with Mirrored Halls, Leonis Empire with City of Thieves, Merlantis with Sea of Sorrow, Stormheim with Frostfire Keep, and Sword’s Edge with Crypt Keepers).

That last one is a good example though of why Karakoth could just be flat out wrong. Sword’s Edge has a bunch of knights yes, but until Crypt Keepers, it didn’t have any Undead troops. So if you would have asked me “What’s Crypt Keepers going to be linked with?” I probably wouldn’t have said Sword’s Edge at first guess. (That’s not of course to say that I think illithia will be linked with Adana, which also has 0 monsters!)

This should be accurate. It has been for some time now on previous faction/kingdoms.

16 Likes

My guess is it going to be Dhrak-zum. Although thematically it would seem to fit better with Karakoth in the GoW universe, the faction is an obvious homage to the mind flayers of D+D lore. Being that the illithids were inhabitants of the Underdark, Dhrak-zum would be a much closer match there. Of course an argument can be made that the entire GoW underworld is just one huge Underdark equivalent. As such, it could really be attached to any kingdom without overly disrupting the potential lore of the faction.

Ah, I did not see your list before I posted. It would seem that it will be Dhrak-zum. Curious that Karakoth will have a delve called Duergaroth since the Duergar were the evil “gray” dwarves in D+D lore. It seems like a potentially perfect fit for Dhrak-zum or Khaziel.

Its Dhrak-Zum, no guess involved. standard “Illithia Faction Weapon” with Dhrak-Zum banner is in the works.

2 Likes

+Pet Spoiler

1 Like