(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

The best bounty troop currently is Tigraki Warrior and Mecha Rat removes Brown. MR is not great.

5 Likes

By what standard is Tigraki the best? That title goes to Pharaoh Hound, followed closely by Droggo and CrysTurtle.

Strong disagree. Tigraki Warrior has never handed the AI a board full of 4- and 5-matches. Given how many times my Pharaoh Hound has backfired on me compared to the number of times it has actually worked, I think it is a double agent for the AI. Furthermore, Tigraki Warrior’s true damage scales with enemy level, so the higher your enemies’ armor the more effective TW becomes.

10 Likes

Tigraki Warrior will generally two- or three-hit most targets in the lvl20 fight.

3 Likes

I agreed 100% regarding Pharoh Hound. It backfires way too often and the Skull Death trait can be a bane on higher bounty levels. I use Tigraki Warrior on every bounty run due to the scaling true damage. Crysturtle is a great tank and actually works very well with Tigraki but if I had to chose only 1 bounty troop, I would go with Tigraki every time.

3 Likes

I will fully agree with anyone who says that TW is Bounty’s best troop. I wish other troops did half the damage he can do.
PH, on the other hand, always has a great chance of leaving a board in favor of the enemy and that really disappoints me. It reminds me of Trolls that double two mana colors, with a good chance of sabotaging the player’s strategy.

1 Like

Event Update:
First weekend Invasion will start Friday, Mar 20, 2020.
The monday that week is free and waiting for 4.8…

2 Likes

Is it, though? :thinking:

When has there ever been a free event week?

Also… according to Taran’s, the art for the troop released on March 16th is missing still. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Free as in “free to host the upcoming new event”. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been bringing this up since the last update, 4.8.0 has to come out before then.

4.8 will be pushed out during GW week.

2 Likes

Time has come - GW is safe since four updates :sunglasses:

You killed my “and” :flushed:

1 Like

Lol… because the last 4 haven’t been during GW weeks. But in this case… They most likely won’t have a choice.
I doubt it’ll be ready by next week. And unless the clients don’t approve it in time…I don’t see how they aren’t trying to get it out before the new event week.

1 Like

Looks like we have two more subpar Drifting Sands troops coming next week. Tri-Horn re-arranges the opponent team, but lacks enough skull protection to be the front troop it seems to want to be with its traits. The godslayer kind of suffers from the same problem, but at least offers a 50% chance of gaining some mana/board control (so putting it outside the first slot isn’t a total waste).

Friday brings Will of Nysha, probably my pick for weakest mythic of 2020 so far. They buffed her quite a bit from her initial announcement, but she still seems like a strictly worse Suna. Magic-stealing is really good only when it reaches the point of debilitating opposing troops (which Suna and Xathenos both do), and 3 magic per cast won’t ever really achieve that. At least she hits all opponents, I guess, but I still don’t see much of an endgame niche for her.

She will gain basically 13 magic after she casts.
12 from the opponents (if it’s a full team) and 1 from the beginning of their turn.
What’s going to be interesting is to see if the magic is stolen before the damage is calculated.
She’s not the best. But she’s not the worst.
She’s going to be okay. Which is what I think the devs intend from her.

The magic is stolen first, then damage is applied. Salty previewed the mythic on stream already

2 Likes

New Spoilers! Surprised to see it before the new update, but ok.

1. Depth of Sins faction troops got names attached to their rarities. Nothing else yet so far.
    Deminaga, The Infernal Machine, Ironjaw, Tartarus

2. The May 1st mythic is a combination of wtf? and I can work with this…

Mistralus
Troop Type: Elemental, Fey
Troop Role: Mage

Hurricane
Deal [Magic + 3] splash damage to 1 - 4 random Enemies. Then jumble the board and gain an extra turn.

Mana Color: Blue, Green, Purple
Mana Cost: 24

Trait #1: Air Heart
Gain 1 Life for each Yellow ally.

Trait #2: Spell Armor
Reduce damage from Spells by 25%.

Trait #3: Enchanted Wind
Enchant all Allies on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

Honestly, about time on the Enchant all Allies on 4/5 gem matches. I was worried that the devs thought this concept was too powerful to be implemented (its not). The Emerald Tear hero weapon just got a serious upgrade.

On to the actual spell: Splash damage to 1-4 random enemies. wtf? So it can hit up to 4 times? I almost thought this was scatter damage on first glance.

Fey typing with Blue is nasty. Elemental typing is equally nasty. If the damage isn’t treated like scatter damage, this thing could be strong. I might medal upgrade this…

Jumble the Board and a Extra turn to add insult. I dig that. On its worst cast, you can still rely on the Extra turn to save you (unless frozen). On its strongest cast, just brutal.

1. Lasher
    Dozen Lashes
    Deal [(Magic / 2) + 4] damage to 6 random enemies.

Mana Color: Green, Brown
Mana Cost: 11

Trait #1: Thick Head
Immunity to Stun.

Trait #2: Stoneskin
Reduce damage from Skulls by 50%.

Trait #3: Stone Link
Gain bonus Brown Mana from Brown Gem matches.

That’s kinda lol. A higher rarity Ship Cannon?

1. Sylfrostenath
    Frost Breath
    Deal [Magic + 1] damage to all Enemies. Freeze 1-4 random Enemies. [0.01]

Base Rarity: Epic
Mana Color: Blue, Green
Mana Cost: 14

Are we past the stage of good beginner dragons? Multi-freeze option is something?

1. Matron Dragotani
    Base Rarity: Legendary
    Troop Type: Dragon, Centaur

Fields of Ice
Create 6 Blue Gems, boosted by Frozen Enemies. Then deal [Magic + 3] damage to the first and last Enemies, boosted by Blue Gems. [3:1]

Mana Color: Purple, Brown
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #1: Fireproof
Immunity to Burning and Faerie Fire.

Trait #2: Dragon Boon
25% chance to summon a Dragonette on death.

Trait #3: Arcane Resistence
Reduce damage from Spells by 75%.

This troop is messy and poorly designed so far.

Dragon/Centaur? That’s some weird fan-fiction stuff right there.

Create 6 Blue Gems, boosted by Frozen Enemies … but is reliant on something else to freeze stuff for it. On a lower rarity, I’m fine with that, but on a higher rarity, it should be able to be somewhat self-reliant? maybe I might be alone on that. Feels like it could use a boosted by all Dragons too.

Why does the above matter? The second half of the spell is useless. "Deal mediocre damage to 2 specific targets, boosted by Blue Gems at 3 for 1… meaning even if you had 12 blue gems, that’s just 4 damage. Yawn.

Also, Create 6 Blue Gems, boosted by Frozen Enemies, but only 3:1 is shown. If 3:1 applies to the first half of the spell too, then 3 frozen enemies equates to 1 extra gem? what? So far, this troop fails on both parts of it spell, leaving its legendary trait useless. There’s no point in 75% spell damage reduction if the troop isn’t worth using.

I mean, if they’re willing to make the boost ratio like 3x, then it could be a fun troop.

I don’t know, it seems like a weaker Knight Coronet so far, and Knight Coronet has an easier boost ratio option.

1. The April 3rd Mythic name was changed from Hummingbird of Death to Zilopochtli . I kinda miss Hummingbird of Death; I feel like Zilopochtli is only designed for Tacet to mispronounce it. No details about it yet. (yet the May 1st is fleshed out).

2. Lyrasza got a minor text change:

Spell Description: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to all Enemies, OR Jumble the Board and gain a extra turn, OR Explode 7 Gems.

Spell Description: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to all Enemies, OR Jumble the Board and gain an extra turn, OR Explode 7 Gems.

That got attention, yet somehow the start battle with 50% mana vs Captain Macaw vs the 50% mana lords with extra words in them (Sir Quentin Hadley with Allies for example) can’t be sorted out. I’d give 1,000 gold keys to see it happen.

1. Minor boost ratio buffs to Moth Mage and Scarab Knight. A few other troops with stuff. Didn’t find them appealing enough to mention. I’m sure someone else will.

2. Drifting Sands weapon
    Honeydipper
    Deal [Magic + 2] damage to an Enemy, and Charm them. There are independent 30% chances, to gain an extra turn and half my mana back.

Gain 4 Life, Drain 3 mana from the first enemy, Deal 5 damage to the second enemy, Create a Duststorm.

Damage, Charm, chance for an extra turn, chance for mana back, drain 3 mana from the first enemy, and a Dust Storm

that’s a pretty busy weapon.

1. Depth of Sins weapon is called Bone Necklace. No details. Karakoth is getting a new weapon, but no details so far. Very curious if that’s a faction weapon or just another event weapon.
14 Likes

I’m going with my gutt from a month ago (or whenever I posted last about it).
Based on the color of the weapon and the color of the next Faction after Deep Hive.
Depth of Sins will be linked to Sin of Maraj.
I know it’s not a big stretch considering the name. But I feel confident enough to start upgrading that kingdom now for it.

1 Like

That’s not what that word means at all! :upside_down_face:

(That said, the troop has a high potential for fun, especially if it can retarget mid-spell.)

4 Likes

I’m not seeing it. What was the change? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Please and thank you :pray:.)

1 Like