(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

took me forever to find it too lol.

“gain a extra turn” to “gain an extra turn”

When people wanted consistency, I was thinking more of the egregious issues first. a/an was not high on my list of wanted changes (though appreciated).

6 Likes

Really like your update, @TheIdleOne! I don’t see any need to make a breakdown of my own.

I think this is really powerful, if only for the awesome board control this provides. I’ve been waiting for a good Jumbler for a long time, and although that damage is really weird (I hate the high variance on it, hope they change it!) I can imagine this being useful. I’d definitely try this troop last slot, to catch any overflow mana, provide Mana support, and occasionally redo the board while doing cleanup damage. Elemental typing is great with Maraji Queen.

What the hell is this? I was super hyped for the next Dragon’s Claw mythic Legendary (+50% to all Dragons when?) and all we got is this jumbled garbage. And wait, does that boost ratio REALLY give +1 gem created at most? Confusing.

And for clarification, Dragotaur and The Worldbreaker are also Dragon/Centaurs. Based on existing art, that means the troop is a dragon below the waist.

2 Likes

Slated to be a Legendary, not a Mythic.

The problem with Matron’s description is that there are two different things being boosted there - I’m not even 100% sure the game is capable of doing that right now (it should be, the question is whether or not it is …). Regardless, the 3:1 would be for the damage, not the gem spawn - that probably goes up 1:1 for a total of 10 blue gems max, which is still not really enough to stake board control on.

Could probably loop Matron + Giant Spider + Mab, wouldn’t be super hard.

Oops, yep, fixed. I’m just kinda frustrated that they haven’t made a Dragon lord yet, it’s not like it would be particularly OP.

I understand not making a Demon Lord yet though (all the anime references for one!), that would be busted. There’s like 13 Mythics…

The game is perfectly fine with two different things using the same boost ratio. I don’t think the game is capable of having two separate boost ratios though.

Am i correct in saying that HoG Tuesday delve event is 29 April and the Whitehelm kingdom bonus pet is released the next day?

I think you’re correct assuming the schedule stays the projected path…

Mar 31 Werewoods
Apr 7 Lyrasza
Apr 14 Deep Hive
Apr 21 All Seeing Eye
Apr 28 Hall of Guardians

Still a few hours left to make the new mythic worthy of her base rarity! Just sayin’, is all.

It would be nice if there were some kind of obvious buff to make her better, but it’s hard with such a simple troop. Maybe if she gave her stolen magic to all allies she’d be more useful?

Boostable to 61 points per troop on 1st turn is’nt good? Not to mention a 2nd cast will wipe just about everything. And when boosted by hoard she’s one-shotting everything in delves at lvl 50. I’m looking forward to using her.

1 Like

How do you get to 61 damage on the first turn? Unless you pair her with Medea and get a lot of looping going, I see 42ish damage/enemy being the norm on her first cast. That’s mythic-worthy damage, but not exceptional.

(Did not factor in using 3x Nysha medals, but those stats are available to every mythic.)

Rowanne will already 1 shot Delves at 50 with a good hoard level.

2 Likes

8 Base Magic
+13 (Spell is Magic +1 & steals 3 magic from 4 troops BEFORE cast)
+17 for Kingdoms (Your numbers may vary)
+12 for 3 Nysha (Again, if you have them)
+4 for Guild (Including Epic Purple)
+3 for Pet (Minishroom, 4 purple troops, which is very easy to build)
+1 for Underworld Renown (Granted, not many have this, but it is available)
+2 class (Bard with Mentor trait & Will of Nysha is yellow)
+1 for Nysha trait.
=61 dmg.
She also gains +2 magic per turn & +12 magic per cast. 2 casts will also wipe lvl 5 explore (or possibly higher) without exception.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the breakdown. Those are some significant setup costs (requiring 4x purple and Bard class, notably), but that is good damage, and it does scale, as you noted.

I still think she is a below-average Mythic, compared to what other Mythics can do. But that doesn’t mean she’s unusable or won’t have any good setups.

EDIT: 8 Base magic isn’t what the spoiler says…it says she only has base 4.

Yes, she has base 4 unleveled. I browsed Salty’s stream when she was previewing and at lvl 20, her magic is 8.
EDIT: OK, she’s 7 base magic at lvl 20. Still 60 pts.

Something’s amiss then.

So, trying your setup. I’m getting 4 total magic for level, 1 base skill, 3 for level. Max spell with 3 x Nysha, 4 purple troops, Bard mentor. I miss a 3rd magic kingdom and the +1 from renown.

I get 42/43 magic when starting, not anywhere near 60. Max I could feasibly get is 45 with the +2magic from renown and 1 more kingdom.

Wonder if that’s intended or bugged?

Edit - checking Tarans, those are the intended stats. It will only have 4 magic total at 20, Starts out without a 4 mono colour team at around 42 magic for maxed possible magic, with Nysha x3. Take Nysha out and it’s 30 magic to all to start with, +2 with Bard/class per turn.

1 Like

Can’t Phoenicia 1-shot at difficulty 5 Explore? I don’t have her but I’ve heard of people running her for speed farming lower level Explores. 2-shotting, especially without the ability to loop or generate mana from her spell, is rather slow in comparison.

How do you set up a team with Phoenicia? You’d need Spell-Paw on the team, since that is the only troop that guarantees a Firestorm at the start of battle. (Don’t want to rely on running Sunspear as a hero class, since that means you can’t level anything else.) Then you need a generator like Leprechaun to kick things off. And if you’re speed running Explores you’ll want your hero there for XP. That’s all four troop slots accounted for (hero, Phoenicia, Spell-Paw, Leprechaun) with no fast start for Phoenicia. How do you consistently accrue 24 mana in a single turn? What am I missing here?

Tacet’s team from his video this week:

[6649,1225,6638,6751,3023,2,1,1,3,3,3,0,14027]
Phoenicia, Writhing Staff (Diabolist), Leprechaun, The Maraji Queen

You just run a hero with the Fire tree for Firestarter, although that’s still a little limiting. I can’t speak to how reliable it is because I don’t have her yet.

2 Likes

I use Sunspear for most

Phoenica, Dawnbringer, Lep, TMQ
Phoenicia, Finesse, Crusher, Lep
Phoenicia, Dawnbringer, Finesse, Lep
Phoenicia, Dawnbringer, Queen T, Lep
Phoenicia, Sunbird, Lep, Mountain Crusher - any class with explode a gem etc.

If I don’t want hero XP, Sunbird, Phoe, Lep, TMQ

Usually 2 Nysha and an Anu, Talon Banner.

With 2 Nysha medals, explore 5 1 shots. With 3, explore 6, 95% is a 1 shot. I tend to do 9 with any and all of them; can do 12 if you use Dawnbringer wisely. You can clear explore 5 whole run in 90 seconds if you don’t get summon pops.

I have used Writhing Staff and Orb of Winter for hero, Dawnbringer I started to use for explore 8+, where WS can’t clear as a follow up to 1 pass of Phoenicia.

As to damage, Phoenicia with 2N and an Anu regularly does around 37-38 base magic damage, 4 more with the extra Nysha.

And this makes the new mythic really sad, when Phoenicia can do 100 damage very easily.

5 Likes

Looking ahead, all we’re getting next week is Nyx, brown edition (Ograk Shaman).

Things are going to be a bit quieter soon, with no more event troops to rag on. It’s looking like slim pickings in general for the rest of March in fact; the only troops worth mentioning are Lyriath, the weekly troop for March 23rd (a new type of troop that boosts magic for yellow allies, but ultimately looks like too much work to use) and Deep Hive Legendary Queen Beetrix (terrible Jarl-like spell with the Sharptooth-esque extra turn/mana gain gimmick, but it will be relevant due to the cleansing from the third trait). At least April looks to have some more promising troops…

1 Like