(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Pure faction win and win without a troop death don’t have to be done at the same time.

8 Likes

They usually design factions to have at least a couple of ways they can damage or destroy their opponents. Typically one is more effective than the other. For Mirrored Halls, I guess you can either copy troops or let the opponents kill themselves with constant reflects (replacing killed troops with constant summoning).

I’m actually pretty excited about this faction. The troops are unique and I actually think it might be possible to beat a no potion 500 faction without tearing your hair out. It really depends how strong the opposing faction’s summons are. They’ve never been consistent about how that works. Are the summons going to be max lvl 20 (good) or like Stonesong Eyrie where summoned troops level are equal to the summoners’ (bad)?

Taran’s World updated today but nothing interesting happened. Just for the sake of being thorough.

1 Like

Rats. Was hoping that the Diabolist’s awful 3rd trait was a red herring (a la Stormcaller), but it looks like we’re stuck with it. Diabolist probably has the best talent trees of the daemon classes, but its terrible traits will mean that Sorcerer will still likely be the better choice.

EDIT: Actually, Sorcerer class has some legit utility, scratch this dig.

Summary

In most cases, you can make the even better choice and steer clear from the daemon classes altogether.

Was this around before today? Don’t remember seeing it.

Oh, Ice Drift… Ice Rift, I mean.

Eight rooms only? Going by All-Seeing Eye that might mean having to buy an extra event tier to get all the rewards… :thinking:

I interpret this as nine rooms, with a four-room path to the boss room (that is, the hub is a room itself).

That’s still eight, isn’t it? Six small rooms (including the boss one), one big center room, one entrance all the way to the left?

:man_facepalming: It’s, uh, late. I’m hungry. A dog ate my homework. I can totally count to eight without using my fingers.

1 Like

They might somehow fit 2 rooms in the middle. Who know? Or 6, in my dream. Lol

But yeah, likely it will be just 8 rooms, so All-Seeing Eye will no longer be lonely after all this time…

How you all count it to 8? Personally, I see 9 places for rooms

2 Likes

The leftmost hex has a door to the left and the right, that suggests that there is another room to the far left. Maybe we’ll get ten rooms, to make up for the missing one in All-Seeing Eyes? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Good week for new troops coming up! First we get Stringfiddler, looking like a rare good exploder in this post-Leprechaun and Harpy Mage world. Good traits, and a rare aimable silence will make this troop a problem for any non-impervious or stealthy troops out there.

Toadsqueezer seems like a typically event-only siegebreaker. 50-50 troops like it are generally not good when one of the outcomes is so mediocre (enchant-all)

King Bloodwood is a solid addition to our “good mythic” pile. Like Ketras, it’s a high-damage, hard-to-stop nuke that benefits from looping teams. Being able to stack bleed on targets makes it above average for a random passive-status afflictor (though Cedric medals do hurt these types in general).

I do wonder what the point of that “steal 10 life from all enemies” aspect of its spell is. Maybe a shout-out to Gloom Leaf? Seems random (not that I’m complaining).

I miss Gloom Leaf teams :frowning:
They were so popular along time ago.

1 Like

That doesn’t necessarily means there’s a room on the left side. Some of the faction maps have that same door symbol to the left of their starting room. Crypt Keepers is one example. Plus the space before the first hexagon island is tiny. Doesn’t look like there’s room there.

It’s probably to assist the bleed effect. King Bloodwood strikes me as a grindy type troop rather than one that outright kills enemies with massive damage.

Fully-boosted Bloodwood is doing 230 damage +40 life-stealing, pretty devastating. It would be awesome if it did the life-steal first, to kill off barriers/reflectors, that would actually make the most sense.

Bleed procs will probably ruin most barriers and I’m assuming use up reflects as well. I can’t wait to get my hands on that troop, especially with a Raid coming up in two months

New Spoilers:

Some very bizarre design decisions. I’m not even mad. I’m just oogling the weirdness.

1. Drifting Sands Mythic, December 6

Shahbanu Vespera
Troop Type: Elemental, Mystic

Mana Color: Blue, Yellow, Purple
Mana Cost: 26

Three Wishes
Give [(Magic / 2) + 1] to all Skills on an Ally. Create 10 Gems of their Mana Color. Then repeat 2 more times for random Allies.

Trait #1: Elemental Bond
Allied Elementals gain 2 Life.

Trait #2: Warded
Immunity to Death Mark.

Trait #3: Genie’s Lamp
30% chance to summon a Djinn when matching 4 or more Gems.

If it matches the 10 gems before targeting the next ally, this could be quite good. If it is like the old mixture trolls that overwrote their own creation, then its kinda mediocre.

If its “random”, it could potentially boost the same ally twice for what its worth…

Holy St. Astra did Give [Magic + 1] Life and Armor to all allies. so this Magic/2 is only really worth it if the gem creation isn’t the overwrite type.

1. Ice Rift Legendary

The Ice King
Troop Type: Elemental, Elf
Mana Color: Blue, Red
Mana Cost: 16

Deal [Magic + 3] splash damage to 2 random Enemies. Burn the first group. Freeze the second group.

Trait #3: Frostfire Aura
Freeze and Burn a random Enemy when matching 4 or more Gems.

Poor Queen Mab…

The TIK troop has 2 50% mana starters to choose. Very interesting…

3.Mirrored Hall troop
Copycat has been nerfed to 50% to summon a copy of that Ally.

1. Wild Plains Legendary
    https://www.taransworld.com/Spoilers/Troops/Troop_K18_21_english.png

This feels like a strange design for my brain. Its probably “normal” otherwise.

Tomb Robber is still probably easier to use, but this can technically create more. Not a fan of Green/Purple as it feels like most skull options are Green/Purple already.(Alderfather/Nimue/Xerodar/The Wild Queen etc.) It might have seen play if it was any green color pairing.

1. Silverglade hero weapon
    Reflection of Good
    Mana Color: Purple
    Mana Cost: 15
    Grant all status effects to an Ally, then explode [Magic + 1] Gems of their Mana Color.
    +2 Life
    +4 Armor
    +1 Magic
    +4 Life
    +1 Magic
    Vital: Gain 4 Life
    Draining: Drain 3 Mana from the first enemy
    Radiant: Give 1 mana to all allies
    Peaceful: Silence the first enemy
    Healing: Give all allies 2 Life

Wow. Not as immediately destructive as Essence of Evil, but Barrier/Bless/Reflect/Enrage/Submerge an ally + Silence the first enemy + give all allies life.

Also confirmation the 3rd trait is +2 Purple Mana. Once again, my thoughts is that its a good 3rd trait, but I didn’t want it on this specific hero class.

1. Doubling back to Ice Rift faction… it has no real “win the game” damage source. One troop has Drain life though, so that’ll be “fun” on the opponent’s team.

2. Krampus
    Deal damage to an Enemy and Submerge them, OR Devour them, OR Transform them into a Daemon and knock them to the back.

Kinda lol. I wonder if they stick with this design choice.

8 Likes

Shahbanu is Magic/2 to all skills, which includes Magic. And it’s able to directly target itself with the spell. That will allow for some crazy snowballing, just takes a spell or two to become virtually immortal. Interestingly enough it seems to snowball faster the fewer troops are left within the team, so buying the third trait might actually significantly lower its power rating.

2 Likes