(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’m curious how long you’ve been playing @koromac. You seem to have a lot of opinions that I don’t agree with, yet I enjoy different perspectives. A total class rework seems extreme, and I am curious if this is a veteran perspective from someone that’s been playing a few years, or a relative newby perspective that thinks classes are indeed broken and dysfunctional. I have about 5-6k hours clocked, maybe more, and though I’d like some additional originality in the classes, I don’t feel they need an entire rework.

I have ~6k hours logged on PC, and about same on Mobile.

I fully agree with @Koromac that they need a rework. From what has been said in Dev Q&A they agree with us that they need to be reworked as well.

5 Likes

Close to 12K hours on steam here and I am in agreement with @Koromac .Several of the class talents do not match with their class, race, or troop types at all and I feel these should be changed/fixed before worrying about adding anything else to that respective class in terms of more talents.

4 Likes

But you feel classes need a total rework? Or just some adjustments?

1 Like

… You rang?

6 Likes

Well, not a complete rework. Some of the talents actually fit with their classes.
Perhaps the easiest way for the devs to approach this would be to leave talents as is, but instead of adding levels beyond 100; simply just add one more two more talents per level that ties directly to that class. Just spitballing ideas here.

2 Likes

With the release of 4.6.0 a new batch of graphics has come to Taran’s World. Rejoice!

EDIT: Since there are no graphics for Urska Knight, which is scheduled for release on December 23rd, update 4.7.0 must release before Christmas.

I will soon have 4k hours in-game. And I have been playing for one year and 7 months now, actively.

Yes, that’s what bothers me the most. There is mostly no affiliation with the actual faction and Hero class, and that definitely should be addressed first or in the several consecutive batches, if necessary.

1 Like

That’s just got to be the worst mythic trait ever. Not only is Djinn a useless troop liable to help your opponent, it also blocks Genie Queen in both mana colors. Unless the spell is really spectacular we’ll need to add a "G"arbage tier to the mythic list.

6 Likes

Dont we already?? Look at Garg

Good point, let’s add a "H"opeless tier then. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really love that card art! Is she the one that will summon a Djinn? If so, that’s just tragic. I hate when they put awesome art on dud cards.

4 Likes

(I) Impossible to use.

2 Likes

(J) Just put it out of it’s misery?

1 Like

Is she a JOJO reference?

Amid the 4.6 excitement, we have new Ghulvania troops coming next week. Ghulvania isn’t the worst kingdom out there, but it could use a shot in the arm. Unfortunately these new troops aren’t it. Vlad the Unsated is an unremarkable single-target true damage dealer (if the Gray King boosted life instead of armor, he’d be a little less unremarkable).

They tried something different with Dullahan, so I’ll have to give them credit for that, and lethal damage has its uses. But I don’t see him being particularly good, unfortunately: 18 mana cost for an undead-knight is slow, and with no board modification on the spell, your team is likely a sitting duck if he misfires. Using him with a summoning troop weapon can take the sting out of a misfire, but you will have to choose the summoner carefully to avoid mana blocking the rest of your team. I got excited when I saw he had Necromancy as a trait, but soul farming teams don’t have great options for summoning so I don’t see him as useful there.

He might have some use with Orbweaver hero in the second slot (who’s likely taking some damage on a miscast), but I’m not holding my breath. Our existing instakill options seem like more reliable bets for lethal damage in general than the flaky Dullahan.

Is anybody else worried about the Mirrored Halls faction team? None of the 4 troops do any significant damage. Multiple summoners, how long do the devs think we want battles to go on for?

2 Likes

I don’t worry about Mirrored Halls at all. Because of Doppleganger (I hope they will fix the spelling…). He can transform into some interesting troops in the middle room - we have some devour options, Shadow-Hunter, etc. Or we can keep him to the last room and transform him into The Mirror Queen (I assume that transform will copy stats from the enemy for 1 fight and only moving forward it will go back to our normal stats… but even if I’m wrong it’s still doable with middle room transform) and then it will be quite doable.

3 Likes

Just awesome art! Wow

Pretty sure transforms have counted as deaths… So if you want to cast doppelganger will that prevent pure faction wins…?