(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

That’s a good look at it. Solo Shabanu could be a very interesting/frustrating experience. That 3rd trait really ruins that, which is something I don’t understand in a design sense. A 3rd trait that’s a dud, fine, but actively setting it back seems unnecessary.

Don’t forget Enchant. It’s far less useful in PvP, but could replace Mountain Crusher as a Mana generation tool for events/etc, by just casting on yourself in first position. Or enchanting a Mythic in last position

1 Like

I actually did forget enchant. Yeah, it can basically self-enchant. Its quite strong (though you have to be careful not to run out of purples from over exploding itself)

Highly unlikely they will. No spell in the game makes matches in the middle of spell processing (from the way back to super old stuff like deep borer and recent stuff like weapon upgrades) and this seems to be tied into the engine itself. If you destroy then create gems with the same spell, they will attempt to match before moving. This spell… looks like misfires galore. Tons of buff, but misfires galore. Maybe paired with freeze you could make something happen? Or maybe getting lucky with a GW style team, if you manage to meet her initial mana requirements somehow? You still need a way to deliver damage, but its a (half) magic scaling magic buff with potential mana gain and extra turn… maybe not terrible.

… and then there is a new legendary with a freeze match trait. Not sure how I feel about that. It took a while to get Queen Mab off the meta, even after large portions of troops became immune to her spell damage. This one at least always drops the turn when casting, but it also freezes while casting. Theres a lot more freeze counterplay now, though, and the spell effect doesn’t look devastating outside freeze.

About that weapon, everyone just glancing over the 3 mana drain effect on the last enemy? These upgrade really don’t get as much attention as they deserve. These type of upgrades on exploding weapons are really good… you make it highly unlikely that two troops on their team will be able to cast even if it drops the turn, and as an exploder, you have a chance at an extra turn. The 3 mana drain (and 2 mana steal) effects are staples on a lot of the best weapons as having setting back your opponent even this tiny amount can mean a +1 turn advantage.

Looks like a very good defensive generating weapon, especially paired with a storm. And adds purple as a viable color for the hero to play generator role, (the Jack-O-Lantern weapon, kinda… but its not great, and its an oldish event weapon), and, technically, another cleanse option, albeit single target.

3 Likes

The drain 3 mana is to the first troop. Love that effect on Jar of Eyes, but its less impactful here thanks to Silence. If you’re running into Cedric medal issues, then yeah, it can go back to being useful

1 Like

Does that mean all platforms will get a different pet?

1 Like

If I don’t meet you until you’re 30 and we celebrate your 35th birthday. Should I sing Happy 5th birthday to you? :grinning:
Gems of War will be 5 years old… regardless of when players were first able to play it.

2 Likes

I know that. What i meant was, its a different color. Will all them be different colors too? Green, Blue, Pink, Red maybe?

So, the Mirrored Hall troops, what happens when they copy or transform into a hero?

1.) Your game locks up.
2.) You get a Cliffy error.
3.) You get a level 0 Baby Dragon.
4.) You get a basic template hero without any class, traits or talents assigned.
5.) You get sadfaced, similar to when a Charm effect fizzles.

Going by past experiences, I just can’t seem to suppress that nagging feeling this interaction might not have been considered at all…

6 Likes

Probably “Something random happens.”

3 Likes

Do you think they would ever come out with a Setauri, Rattigar, or Harpy mythic? Those three delves are a pain, but I’d like a Rattigar mythic even if I couldn’t use it as a faction delve troop.

At least gnomes or battlecrashers never replace the hero, so there must be some coding already in the game.

I hope it gets the same effect when there is a failed Charm, you know the NO TARGET.

This is what I’m most curious to see too. Might be worth checking out Salty’s preview stream (if there is one for the Mirrored Court?).

I guess you will not be able to select hero

That’s the easy way out, having the hero greyed out as if they were stealthy. That’d be understandable, if not a bit disappointing.

Doppelganger remains likely the most interesting troop coming out next week, if nothing else than for a quick, aimable curse that takes brown (we only have Sledgepaw in that niche at the moment, and it only curses the first enemy troop). It could be a way to “cheat” on events with restricted troop options, but relying on enemy team compositions is going to make it risky to use.

I want to like Mirror Queen (reflect is a fun status that may be the best defense against rope dart in the game), but single-target damage usually is a ticket to irrelevance outside of the faction team (and I don’t see her breaking that streak). It all adds up to a below-average set of faction troops, with the possible exception of Doppelganger on scaling content (with HKI).

The glory troop, Guardian of Fields, is an ok source of barrier for new players, maybe? Not going to see use by endgamers.

During the last PQ stream, when Salty teased the next stream for Mirrored Halls, the question about the Hero(ine) being duplicated came up. Ozball replied that the Hero(ine) cannot be duplicated.

So the answer is probably the hero(ine) is greyed out as if stealthy, and if it is the only unit left, the sadface appears.

3 Likes

Good to know
I am very interested in finding out about Pure Faction runs and replacing troops
If I replace/mirror a troop before the final room, would a final room victory still count as a pure faction team?
I think it should (and hopefully will) but before making a decision of farm faction vs sinking a pile of gems into completing it,
I would want to be sure

And if they’re the only troop left, the game crashes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For it to count as a pure faction win, you just need to start the delve with a pure faction team. What team you end up with doesnt matter