(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I believe it’s the latter - there were no Boss raids in Maugrim Woods so far.

New changes from July 5th and 9th:

New troops:

• Armored Stallion, Ascended Warlock, Bat Lord, Corrupted Magus, Goblin Alchemist, Goblin Bard, Grey King, Headless Horseman, Lizard Wizard, Mech Gnome, Mirror Queen, Mirrored Halls Troop 1, Mirrored Halls Troop 2, Mirrored Halls Troop 3, Moon Slinger, Mystic Snake, Naga Hunter, Orc Primal Mage, Puka, Red Cap, Tree Wraith, War Wolf, Wendigo, Wild Knight, Wargare Raid Boss, Fomorian, Infernal Lieutenant, Moira Cragheart, Rock Wolf.
  • Mirrored Halls is likely an upcoming faction, after Amanithrax and City of Thieves.
  • The troop Wargare Raid Boss, as people mentioned, is probably a temporary name for a Godslayer troop from Maugrim Woods.

Spell additions:

• Birchthorn: A Godslayer with Entangle is nice, to help hold back the other three troops.
  • General Sulidan: Turns out the Leonis Empire General wasn’t a Legendary. Odd that they haven’t made a “boosted by XXX allies” Godslayer before this.
  • Cat Burglar and Street Thief: Them both having the same spell looks temporary, but I am not going to be a fan of the City of Thieves if “chance to hit the wrong target” is the core mechanic. Unless their traits make the enemy hit the wrong target…

Feels like a really horrible mechanic for pure faction runs in either case. When mirror matched against opponents with significantly higher level, spells hitting random targets is pretty close to the last thing you’ll ever wish for. Essentially forces you to play on AI level, reducing all strategies (like taking out the most dangerous troop first) to blind button mashing.

I really wonder how long it will take till we get a faction with spells boosted by troop level.

It will very probably happen on Oct 4. There is a Legendary weapon which cannot be bound to usual guild events - it’s Radiant Jewel, and it belongs to Broken Spire. So - Mirrored Halls will be bound to Broken Spire?..

Mirrored Halls sounds so awesome, really like the name. Great job for whoever thought of it :+1:

Spell damage reflect ouch!

4 Likes

Hey, i said I liked the name, lol the spells not sure on :upside_down_face: :rofl:

I have quitted the game for a while now, but new cool arts pull me out of my deep slumber!

Will probably try to update my other previous works soon. Also…

As the code for City of Thieves is K48, while Mirrored Halls is K50, it’s more likely that K49, the unknown Faction, will come first in early October.

The placeholder names of its 4 troop are… Puka/Red Cap/Wild Knight and the Legendary Wendigo. Based on 20 remaining Faction names, what do you guys think it is? I guess it’s Werewood, based on that Legendary.

Factions' name

Fire Rift / Tinker Town / Duergaroth
Eldrazhor / Wild Court / Emperinazar
Indrajit’s Den / Dark Court / Ice Rift
Hell Gate / Dripping Caverns / The Labyrinth
The Deep Hive / Fell Roost / Wyrmrun
The Black Heart / Werewoods / Lyrasza’s Lair
Illithia / Depths of Sin

1 Like

I concur, seems likely.

1 Like

@anon43026234 I hope they captured your good side.

@Rickygervais Can be the pointy eared cat.

City of Thieves just needs a sly old Duck. a sneaky one to boot, with a bad temper :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Why im not the big guy with the gold bag?

And wtf? The cactus out of nowhere

Yeah. Despite it being a bandit, it’s not really fit with the theme. I prefer Ninja Cat to be here instead.

Cactnid Kid should at least belong to the Faction of its nearby desert kingdom, Drifting Sand, like his other 3 relative. So, I like this group of them, that I made for @Razzagor 8 months back, a lot better.

2 Likes

Do we already know, if we get 4.4.5 or 4.5 next?

Troop/Weapon Data got updated. The Rouge delve team got Gold spells over that 50% miss placeholder, and their Legendary troop looks crazy with a Cedric pairing.

Still annoyed that the Stryx hero class still has their 3rd trait the same as a Rank 2 talent, “conjure a storm on 4+ matches”, and I haven’t seen anyone else ever mention it.

1 Like

Known issue page https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001040895-VIP-Players-Daily-Login-Reward-screen-crashes-or-displays-incorrect-reward says that this issue “is fixed in the next update, game version 4.5”

3 Likes

Not a fan of City of Thieves…

There’s no need for Street Thief to be limited to 10 gems when troops like Necrocorn already make 10 gems without jumping through hoops… Stealing gold isn’t always applicable as the enemy doesn’t always have gold unless you’re giving them extra turn gem matches…

None of them have Merchant, so 100 gold is the cap for this team unless you somehow got super “lucky” and survive a Cedric bonus room.

Tomb Robber is going to be a grief troop in faction battles both for and against the player. Anyone with Zuul’Goth will know the feeling I’m talking about.

The other 3 troops are completely underwhelming for the player and obnoxious for the enemy Faction team level 500.

Update 4.5 better have a real answer to the faction team problem…

2 Likes

At least they got rid of the original faction design, 50% chance to hit a random troop with spells instead of the targeted one. :+1:

2 Likes

On upcoming factions: Mirrored Halls will be bound to Glacial Peaks (according to “Weapons” spoilers), and some other faction will be bound to Divinion Fields, but its name is not revealed so far.

Something about Mirrored Halls reminds me of Andersen’s “Snow Queen” fairy tale. Mirror Queen?..

1 Like

I’m not so sure I agree entirely about Street Thief. Without a gem limit, the opposing faction team would be a nightmare to deal with. If I am interpreting this correctly, that boost ratio of 1x means a purple gem is created for every 1 gold. With all the extra greed traits there, she could easily create 20+ gems (if there was no limit).

I do agree though that 10 is a little low.

Time to review another MASSIVE Spoiler dump!

Troops:

• New troops, without spell/trait info: Ahrimas, Armored Stallion, Corrupt Magus, Dullahan (previously Headless Horseman), Goblin Bard, Gor’Thrum, Lizard Wizard, Mystic Snake, Naga Hunter, Vlad the Unsated
  • Aquaticus (the upcoming Mythic) was apparently named A-qua-ti-ci-us before, now it’s just A-qua-ti-cus. Good change, the previous spelling was one of those words that caused my brain to skip a syllable.
  • Bane Jaw, the Wild Plains Undead, has a spell to deal about 27 damage, triple to Purple enemies, 50% chance to hit the wrong enemy, if they die create 8 Skulls. Reminds me of Hearthstone’s Mogor the Ogre, but good to know the spell used in City of Thieves was actually a placeholder for this. Definitely not good but still glad I won’t have ot use it in a faction.
  • Birchthorn is a new Godslayer. They’re not usually interesting and this is no exception.
  • The City of Thieves faction is coming! Looks like we’re getting a bunch of new troops centered around Gold. Cedric and Skeleton Key are already viable so we’ll see how these fare. Cat Burglar is okay, the Extreme Greed trait is cool. King of Thieves could see use with a Cedric team (at max Gold that’s +50 Magic per cast!) but I think the fact it needs to cast several times to compete with Skeleton Key holds it back. The traits are cool though. Street Thief is pretty interesting; it’ll be amazing against the Faction Team since they create so much Gold from 4+ matches. Tomb Robber might be amazing, depending on if its cap is 12 or 18 (it’s very ambiguous, the latter would make it an excellent troop while the former is something I wouldn’t try and bother with.)
  • Corrupt Troll, like Ice Troll and Lava Troll, but it creates Green and Purple. Wonder how many of these we’re going to get?
  • Droggo! It’s a Bountyhunter! Charm is useful especially in high-level Bounties, the Gem creation is kinda useful, and it can refill itself. I wonder if the Double damage against Raksha will ever be useful…
  • Fomorian destroys a 5x5 block, damages a random enemy and stuns them. It’s okay, for an Ultra-Rare…
  • General Suladin is a new Siegebreaker. Not usually interesting, but the +16 boost ratio will make it pretty useful, if you can build a team of Leonis Empire Humans.
  • Goblin Alchemist is an upcoming Siegebreaker; no spell yet though. Didn’t we get a Siegebreaker with extra turns already?
  • Gruz the Undefeated seems okay-ish. Targeted Curse is nice, and I really like the unique trait (definitely wish the spell were better though. Maybe a boost ratio would help?).
  • Khatib Tahir is super hot. Spell is mediocre, but the Water link is pretty useful.
  • Kryshound is pretty interesting. Halving stats is very good against enemies with high stats, and the Gem Creation, Stoneskin, and Stone Link are all very nice. Seems pretty useful!
  • Lamashu is a Yellow to Purple Empowered converter. NOT excited for this at all, because A) we already have Grave Seer to create Purple, B) Yellow and Purple synergize a lot and you often don’t want to lose Yellow, and C) We still don’t have a Green creating converter! IP2 please stop designing troops based on your feelings instead of analyzing what the game is missing.
  • Mech Gnome got added, with no stats or graphics. In the Q&A stream before 4.4, the idea of a Mech Gnome was mentioned to be added as a new way to inject Epic Ingots into the economy. Hope it comes out soon (maybe 4.5?)
  • Mirrored Halls faction! Someone earlier mentioned a theory that this is in Broken Spire, but we probably won’t know for sure for a while. We have 3 troops without names, and the Mirrored Queen.
  • Okay, now THAT’S an interesting Godslayer. They just took a normally awful spell and tacked a Legendary-tier effect onto it! Since we’ve already done Khaziel before, my guess is that this is the troop for Dhrak’Zum, in which case we’ll have multiple other partners that can create Doomskulls and help cause alignment. That’s going to be a fun week…
  • Scarabi deals damage to 2 enemies, then Stuns and Poisons them. Another mediocre Ultra-Rare.
  • Shimmerscale is a color-to-color converter… without empowered? With a boost ratio that gives like 4 damage at most? Who designed this troop?
  • Thaumaris isn’t too bad of a Siegebreaker, mana generation is nice.
  • Upcoming Mythic for October, unknown stats, Blue/Purple/Brown: The Gray King.
  • Upcoming Mythic, unknown stats, Green/Yellow/Brown: Tree Wraith
  • Volthrenax deals damage based on Yellow Gems destroyed in a targeted explosion. Eh, it’s OKAY.
  • Apparently Wild Knight, Puka, Red Cap, and Wendigo are in an upcoming Faction together.
  • War Wolf has no other stats, but we know it’s a Red/Green bounty hunter. Hope it deals a good amount of damage, Green needs help in Bounty.
  • There’s a troop with the title Wargare Raid Boss. My guess is that this is simply the Maugrim Woods Godslayer, which is one we haven’t gotten yet.
  • The changes above were from July 19th; there were several changes on July 9th as well, but most of these were overridden.

Weapons:

• The Community Scythe got a mana cost, 13. The whole event was a real debacle, and the resulting weapon isn’t very interesting or fun.
  • Looks like the Doomed Codex/Chronicle/Libram/Opus/Scripture/Tome, the six color converters, are now confirmed to be Doomed weapons.
  • We’ve got Guild Event weapons (is there a good name for these already? The ones that create a mix of Gems.) for Mystics, Dhrak-Zum, Dragons, Goblins, and Maugrim Woods. They’re all usually pretty useful, but the ones that stand out are the ones with great affixes.
  • The one I do see being useful is Norbert’s Turnip, the Goblin one. It has Quick, the one that provides an extra turn. An extra turn on a gem creator is going to be very helpful, especially with the fact that the Thief hero class lets you use this on a full team of Goblins.
  • Hopefully this means we get a new Dragon’s Claw event soon, one of my favorite kingdoms.
  • We have a faction weapon for Mirrored Halls, no stats on it though.
  • A weapon called Wild Hunter with no info.

Classes:

• No new info here, sorry.

Pets:

• New pets: Bat Cat (Halloween Event), Evil Snowman (Stormheim Team Bonus), Lucky Rat (Lunar New Year Event), Mirror Mimic (Glaical Peaks Team Bonus), Puppy Pirate (Talk Like A Pirate day), Teddy Knight (Urskaya Team Bonus)
  • I hate that most of the upcoming pets are one-time events, never to be seen again. Why can’t they add them back to the pool a year later?
  • Minirino is now tied to Divinion fields. Sad Panda is now a Kingdom team bonus.
  • Cactnid Kid (City of Thieves) is now tied to Leonis Empire; like the other pets, it is now associated with its home kingdom instead of the faction.
  • Frog Prince (Amanithrax) is now tied to Zaejin; like the other pets, it is now associated with its home kingdom instead of the faction.
  • When are they going to release Drool’Goth already… I hope it’s a reward for crafting Zuul, that’d be cool.

Kingdoms:

• Amanithrax is ++Green/+Brown/-Red, and City of Thieves is ++Purple/+Blue/-Yellow. Why are they resuing colors when Green/Red still needs a banner?

What I’m Looking Forward To:

• Vash’Dagon, Aquaticus, Gray King and Tree Wraith are upcoming Mythics.
  • Amanithrax, City of Thieves, and Mirrored Hall are upcoming Kingdoms.
  • The Dhrak’Zum Godslayer converts Green to Doomskulls.
  • The Goblins Invasion weapon has “Gain an extra turn” as a final affix, which is useful since it’s a mana generator.
  • Mech Gnome will probably be a source of Epic Ingots.
  • A new cycle of Doomed Weapons will convert a chosen color to a color (like Valkyrie and Apothecary but they’re hero weapons, and only use a single color).
  • Droggo is a Bountyhunter with Charm and potential for self-looping.
11 Likes