(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Agreed. Still looks bad because he is just heavy setup required single target damage, and part of that setup requires deaths, be it enemy or ally, which is generally the point in the battle that would just snowball directly into a win or a loss almost immediately at endgame. The stat and trait changes give him some clout, but only because Impervious is a good way to maybe toss an otherwise unusably bad troop just into the fringe of usability. He possesses nothing really unique (“growing threat” has been done better, anti-kraken/devour has been done better, and single target damage has most certainly been done better, and Impervious that can become a deadly or nigh invincible threat with setup has been done way better) to make him to make him stand out or make him a better choice than a comparable troop in a given situation. Continuing to buff up his numbers alone won’t really fix this, no matter how high they go. He’ll eventually just cross the threshold into “broken in this one/few specific situation and pretty much still useless in most others”.

2 Likes

Maybe if he also summoned he would be an alright clinch troop if down to only 1 or 2 troops left. But as he is I can’t see any of my current teams accommodating him.

There’s gar Nok also from grosh nak for that so I doubt they’d add summon to the spell.

So basically Gargantaur might be able to score an annoying last-ditch kill (once - you can forget about him casting twice) if he got incredibly lucky as part of a GW defense team. Hard to see a lot of use cases for him for sure.

If he inflicted a few points of true damage to all allies and enemies, could also be useful. For lore argument he is that big that single attack shake land around him damaging everything nearby.

Edit: also huge seems a bit small for something named after its size. Would have thought a 8 bonus to health be more appropriate

1 Like

One of my ideas to fix this issue was to simply change his spell, removing the generation of gems and instead he would give all other allies 8 mana. It would be enough to fill some dwarves or if King Highforge is present (and fully Traited) any dwarf would be ready to cast.

1 Like

@Melissa96 Any chance you have or can out together a similar image for January troops?

I second Ghaleon’s request… this graphic was super-popular in my Guild, people have been asking if there’s a new one.

Thank you for your time and effort! :hugs:

Checking Taran’s world every few days. January is kinda a mystery at the moment.
3 troops tommorrow. Mythic on the 5th. a troop on the 15th and two troops on the 29th.

edit: Noticed Dwarven hunter had two dates? Maybe it’s next week’s troop?

um,maybe i cant make s useful weekly event spoiler for January.because I couldn’t get enough information from taran’s website.We still lack the necessary information of two week(01.08 and 01.22).

Thanks for your kind words.:grin:

1 Like

the next new kingdom is supposed to be in early to mid January. So… yeah

My guess is maybe devs will choose 01.05 to release new kingdom. :grin:

1 Like

IRC, last year they realesed Pharos Ra and Silver Glade.

I noticed the dates are dropping off on the gemstone predictions. It’s the information no longer available to you? I map out my needs every week based upon the spreadsheet.

I’ll take a guess at this (but you all of the same information I have) :wink:

January 5th - Mythic "Gargantaur "
January 8th -Ultra-Rare “Dwarven Hunter”
January 15th - Common “Mammoth”
January 22nd - New Kingdom “Bright Forest”
January 29th - Common “Tome of Evil” & Ultra-Rare “Hellspawn”

5 Likes

Hey all, we just got an update for spoilers.
21 new troops
6 troops changed.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

New specialized Impervious trait incoming?

Trait #2: Invulnerable
Immune to Stun, Devour, Death Mark, Mana Drain, Transform, and Lethal Damage.

1 Like

Immune to mana drain? about time. Sheesh

and/or thanks for finally adding that to the game. (not being sarcastic)

That sounds much better than impervious.