(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

There’s no help text for either, but there do appear to be associated traits:

Snare: Inflict Web when doing Skull damage.
Slippery: Immunity to Web.
Stalker: Deal double Skull damage vs. Webbed enemies.
Knockout: Inflict Stun when doing Skull damage.
Thick Head: Immunity to Stun.
Clobber: Deal double Skull damage vs. Stunned enemies.

Aaaand (@Jainus, here ya go):
Indigestible: Immunity to Devour.
Mana Shield: Immunity to Mana Burn.

2 Likes

Well, thematically that’s great. E.g. Bone Dragon has always been more Undead than Dragon, at least for me.

At least at present (and clearly this is interim), he’s still marked as only “Dragon.”

Hmm perhaps Stun would be as it implies, the afflicted troop is stunned and cannot collect mana, deal skull damage or use their spell for X number of turns. Since it would be a very powerful effect (combo Silence/Entangle in a way) perhaps it would only affect the troop for one or two turns.

Not sure what Web could do that Entangle or a mana deprivation spell wouldn’t cover though…

My guess;

Stun: Affected Troop cannot perform any action. Accumulative 10% chance to wear off a turn

Webbed: Affected Troop cannot change position. Accumulative 10% chance to wear off a turn

A cycle team I just dreamed up is

Red/Yellow banner

Trent (3)(I only have (2) right now)
Alchemist (3)
Hellcat (x)
Plague (3)

Looks like it can be fun

@Tacet the first 3 troops in this team will make a nice beginner team

Webbed… Affected troop cannot change position? How’s that a debuff exactly…?

Massive nerf to Serve and Protect. … wait …

2 Likes

could stop units that have the ability to change positions.

Maybe try thinking about it for a while longer…

i have a theory, but i do not think it has anything to do with what we currently know. Hoping it has to due with taking control of enemy troop.

Stun, web…
Sounds like something that would outright causes you to lose your current turn as soon as it begins.

Maybe Stun 100%, and Web is just N% chance

Cause you to lose your turn… how is it different than just giving the opponent an extra turn?

Also a status effect on a single troop should not do something that affects the whole team. That’s why they changed frozen from how it was supposed to be initially, I don’t think they will try to do the same thing again.

Besides, status effects are supposed to stick around for a while. How many turns can you lose from Stun as you describe it, if that’s not OP I don’t know what is.

Ah the joy of groundless speculation…

I’m guessing that Stun disables the troop fully (can’t attack, cast spell or gain mana) for a few turns…

Web - no idea - entangle is already done…

That’s Silence plus Entangle. I expect them to do something new, otherwise what’s the point.

Something new… I don’t know, maybe it can stop the gems on the board so you can’t move the colors of the stunned troop. Although they would have to be extra careful with that, so you don’t end up with a turn you cannot play at all.

Maybe that would cause it to shuffle. That’d be fine. Unless, y’know, you had three different colors stunned or something… doesn’t seem manageable.

Since nobody will remember if I am wrong, and I can always claim credit if I am right, here’s my crazy guess for Web: a fraction (half, say) of mana that would be collected by the affected troop is instead diverted to the opposing team. So it is like Disease, but much worse.

Or more random speculation… Web actually affects Gems on the board. So if you Web a colour then it can not be moved directly by the player till it wears off. Or possibly if it hits a troop than one of their colours is Webbed (like how Lure picks a random colour to create gems of)

EDIT: I need to read previous replies more carefully… @yonizaf said exactly what I did a few posts up ><

Pretty sure no ones mentioned it yet, but what if Stun or Web affect Traits?

Just a suggestion.

stun effecting traits might be likely.