(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

The third trait for Yasmine’s Chosen is remarkably crappy. Entangle is near-useless unless you can target a specific enemy or it auto-hits the first one.

Sylvanimora’s version is so much better it isn’t even funny. True, match-4s are less common that matching green - but you have a 100% chance of entangling the first troop, instead of 25%.

1 Like

I can only assume that all three of those Mythic traits are not just “placeholder”, but “really, seriously-for-real placeholder, we’ll even make them all garbage fires so they’re clearly not correct, honest, just placeholder”.

2 Likes

These spoiler images are fan-assembled from game files, and UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-06-12)

Anthea
Epic / Divinion Fields / Centaur Mystic
Spell: Blossom (11 Blue/Green) - Create 15 Yellow and Green Gems. Dispel all enemies.
Traits: Centaur Bond / Agile / Air Link
Requires: Minor Nature, Arcane Swamp Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 16; Life - 35; Armor - 9; Magic - 0 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: Every rose has its thorn.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-06-19).

Artema
Legendary / Divinion Fields / Centaur
Spell: Clear the Way (15 Brown/Yellow) - Explode a row. Deal [Magic+4] damage to the 2 weakest enemies, boosted by Ally Centaurs. [x5]
Traits: Leader / Armor Piercing / Dexterous - 40% chance to dodge Skull damage.
Requires: Minor Wind, Arcane Mountain Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 19; Life - 27; Armor - 14; Magic - 9 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: She’s not horsing around.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-06-19).

7 Likes

Holy crap thats alot of of gem spawns for 11 mana.

I love both these troops.

The true Centaur Scout is back

I assume it means create a total of 15 gems, like the Guardians, not 15 and 15 like Lady Anariel. It’s still a lot, but you loose color selection, team buff, and the ability to make skulls for a two mana resuction.

1 Like

Might I say how complementary those two troops designs match their assigned colors? They fit really well.

Also, more dispel. I’m sure that’ll come in handy once Enraged becomes a thing.

1 Like

I politely disagree. The Guardians are worded as “Create 15 gems, a mixture of [guardian color] and a chosen type.” This reads as 15 yellow and 15 green. Granted, wording in this game isn’t always super consistent.

I disagree it says a mixture. If i say i have 15 beers, a mixture of coors light and killians irish red that doesn’t mean i have 30 beers

3 Likes

I was saying that the wording on Anthea is different than the wording of the guardians. Guardians say mixture, Anthea does not say mixture. All else fails, the debate will be settled when the troop is released.

3 Likes

Ahhh… I misunderstood your post. I stand corrected. Geez thats the 3rd time ive done that today, i should probably just shut up huh? Lol

2 Likes

If it was 15 gems of each colour it would be worded like it is for Jarl or Venoxia with the number before each colours(“9 red and 9 yellow gems/9 green and 9 blue gems”).
The difference in Antheas spelltext wording to the Guardians is solely due to one of the Guardians colours being undefined.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as @Cheezeret mentioned, wording isn’t consistent. Look at Maw, it says “create 8 Yellow Gems and Brown Gems” while he creates 8 of each - albeit AFAIR it’s the only such example and the fact it’s not clear had been stated as soon as Maw was released.
That said I’d be very, very surprised if Anthea created 15 Gems of each colour for just 11 mana. Give me a break, it pretty much guarantees extra turn plus much more mana than it costs.

3 Likes

You are right, i didn’t think about Maw, but as you said he is an exception. Anyways i think common sense should make it obvious that Anthea is not a ~100% extraturn, self-feeding, team filling absurdity of a troop for 11 mana.

2 Likes

@yonizaf can you share her spell order?

I want to know which gem she spawns first, because one of the colors will override some of the other. Same thing that happens with Lady Anariel, she will create 8 blues, but then some of the blues will then be overridden by the 8 greens.

I just wish creators were more like “Create 8 X where X is not already present.”

I can imagine people loving that on their turns, but I’m imagining the complaint posts about fighting against it…

Coffee before posting! That’s my rule after a number of early morning blunders.

3 Likes

They are created at the same time. It’s the same code as the guild guardians and Stonehammer, if you feel like testing.

obligatory screenshot (Stonehammer casting) - you can see all 15 gems are created at the same time, and none are overwritten:

3 Likes

Only problem is… I was fully and 100% awake and alert. Lol just ditsy sometimes

I take back what I said. I checked game code, and then tested some more, and it does matter which of the conversion colors is the primary one.

The difference is in which gems get chosen to be replaced. Gems of the primary color that were already on the board will never chosen to be replaced, but gems of the secondary color can be replaced.

To explain better, I will show a screenshot of one second before the previous one I posted. Here you can see the gems that are swapped out. You’ll notice that it includes brown gems, even though they are one of the colors to be created - but red gems are not swapped out, because they are the ‘primary’ color in Stonehammer’s case. This is not just a coincidence, I tested many times and gems of the primary color are never swapped out.

The primary color of guardians is their own mana color.
The primary color of Anthea is Green.

14 Likes