Silver Lining

Ahhh…I do them in bunches of 10 when need be.

I set a macro to buy 100 at a time. Still a pain in the ass.

1 Like

I just love how I can burn out of gems failing to get a missing kingdom mythic time after time, but when I want a simple legendary, I get 2 jarls and a third jotnar out of 75 keys. I gotta say, it makes sense she’s the freakin frost giant queen because that’s cold, game.

2 Likes

Happend to me as well. 60 keys now and no Legendary in sight. But one new Mythic. What???

RNGesus, you’re so wierd. I like you.

2 Likes

100% correct! Sometimes I post silly things and in-jokes that only a few correctly interpret, it makes me happy when they do. :grin:

2 Likes

Is using a macro the same as a bot? My understanding is… Using a bot of any kinda is against the rules.

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

So it’s not just me this event is a giant :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: you to everybody apparently :smile:

Either that or Jotnar IS the silver lining :wink:

2 Likes

The above represents over 300 event keys, which got 3 copies of Jotnar and 8 Jarl. Spent individually, while documenting a bug that made the game crash about every 15. Many of which were replenished with glory supplies, so several rounds of what I’m henceforth referring to as the “Spoils of War minigame” for that (thanks @strat), depleting tens of thousands of glory. I would have just let the keys run out so I could buy 10 sets or just gone to 50 sets after the first couple Jarl fails, but I was dead set on documenting that bug. Once I finished, I did another pack of 50 event keys and pulled her (and two more Jarl, for good measure). In the process, the new epic is now at mythic +2, but that was a sorely needed traitstone type for that account so I might still buy some… maybe not, though.

My main account pulled her in 3 event keys. I have over 30 more stones on that Arcane type more than I need to trait everything currently in the game (147 total), and I have hundreds of thousands of glory to spare.

Something, something RNG.

7 Likes

Jarl is the last (non Zhuul-Goth) mythic I need. I spent over 250 event keys so far, got 2 copies of the new legendary but no Jarl. Debating if I should spend more. I am only a couple hundred diamonds away from being able to craft another mythic so I could also just wait for that.

How patient are you? You could wait for Jarl to appear in the Soulforge, or you could spend an Orb of Ascension if you have one.

1 Like

I think he means Jotnar.

3 Likes

I am sure Jarl just shed tears of joy when he heard someone calling him a mythic, when he just dishes out common-level damage for legendary-level manacost.

2 Likes

I opened 33 single event chests and then a rage 50 chests to get the new legendary. It was probably in the 34th chests lol.

5 Likes

I’m convinced that stopped happening at least two years ago.

4 Likes

Problem is since removing the option to open keys in batches of 10, I have no option but to open them 1 at a time as event keys are so rare. 50 at a time is too many, same applies to gem keys.

2 Likes

Sorry, I definitely meant Jotnar, not Jarl. I think I have 11 copies of mythic Jarl at this point.

Took me 411 event keys + 25kish Glory to pull Jotnar, but its worth every penny not to have to use diamonds to craft it.

Then again, I’m not too fussed about making every new legendary into a mythic day 1 nor any of the new common/rare troops into mythic day 1. I end up saving a lot of keys and glory that way.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve given up all hope of a full mythic collection now. The devs have made that impossible with the new game modes. I came close though. had every troop Mythic except 1 at one point. Then they just randomly threw 3 troops from 3 different kingdoms into chests. Then shocktopus (which they said WOULD be available for glory but wasn’t) and now the new events and gnomes.

So for me it’s now only 1 copy of new Legendarys and with new commons and rares only getting a few copies.

1 Like