SEXISM AND DOUBLE STANDARDS incubus/Dark Monolith

But it’s only serious when it’s the females being sexualized?

… Lol…hmm…

Then make this an ADULT game

Internet. Adults only. Boom. Problem solved.

Where on earth did I say or imply that? How did you get “It’s only serious when it’s the females being sexualized” from my statement of “I think the game does a good job of balancing between sexualized and non-sexualized characters.”??

I was talking about both male and female. I think the game does a good job of representing each sex for a variety of audiences.

1 Like

Bikini armor is stupid and impractical. Objectively.
Bikini armor is an awful cliche.
Drawing it and supporting it are both embarrassing.
GoW should be embarrassed about it, even if the community isn’t. Especially setting it as the default loading screen, and not just troop art.

Just to make sure we’re all talking about the same thing, if that’s what we are comparing here.

Beefcake is another matter entirely. Personally I have no problem with sexualized art as long as you do it for all parties.
Roughly equal ratios would be preferred over the typical 10:1 we see in gaming. Even 2:1 would be quite an achievement.

Also I need [and I believe the human brain needs] the subjects to have realistic proportions. There are women with big chests and long legs in real life…they don’t occur as frequently as they do in comic books and magazine covers, but still real.
Same with ripped ab triangle-chested men.

I have no complaints about either.

3 Likes

But, it’s a game with dwarfs, dragons, magic, etc. Things like armor don’t need to be realistic. Maybe they are using their magic to create armor. Imagine if all games had realistic things as you propse. Things would get boring fast. To argue things need to be realistic like this to avoid hurting people’s feelings is stifling creativity. It’s the same argument as trying to get comedians to censor themselves about not making jokes about specific issues, which has caused them to avoid doing shows at college campuses and whatnot. Games don’t need to be catch-all to avoid hurting everyone’s feelings.

If you don’t like a game, don’t play/support it. The market will dictate what game developers do.

1 Like

The thing with bikini armor is that, what if their customers or setting is different from ours? There’s places where armor is always seated and some places where they are shirtless. What if sexuality is deemed empowering and feirce. A warrior only wearing next to nothing vs a fully Armored troop, and that next to nothing Warrior destroys that troop… It’s great that there’s many cultures in this game.

(1) Why is the poster fixated on this topic? Probably because there are certain types of male sexuality that make lots of men uncomfortable & attract, as a result, mockery and derision. That would include men who are more focused on giving than receiving pleasure; a ‘bottom’, a gigolo, etc.

(2) One way that these subsets of men are dismissed and mocked is that their behavior is feminized.

(3) The ‘double standard’–but the problem isn’t a shirtless man, it’s the presence (or lack) of variety so that individuals can express themselves instead of being pigeonholed into a limited handful of roles.

(4) Male bodies and female bodies are different. Men don’t have breasts, there are few places where it’s illegal for a man to show his bare chest, there are no commercial establishments where the primary draw is shirtless men. The social/cultural significance of a male bare chest is fundamentally different than a female one

(5) Idiot trolls don’t read so why bother asking a question you don’t want answered. If you think the Incubus is funny I guarantee there are men in your life you’ve humiliated and offended and it doesn’t sound like you regret it so maybe clean your own house before you get mad at feminists.

3 Likes

No clue why you do that, wasting your energy on a troll… :frowning:

1 Like

Troll thread trivialising a serious matter. Childish and foolish. I am muting. Ciao

1 Like

I really hoped this would be [/thread] after Horse_Cosby’s last comment and that’d be the end of it.

Why must people buy into bait? No one’s gonna learn anything from this thread. Why waste the energy?
This clearly wasn’t made to have a civil discussion.

If I come back to this page tomorrow and see even another 10 replies, I’m just gonna tag Sirrian in hopes he’ll close this ridiculousness before things get any more out of hand.

This topic is lame.
There is no double standard.
I am male. And if I have awesome body with 6 pecs, I know I’d flaunt it every chance I get.
I wouldn’t even have umbrella in my vocabulary. On rainy days I’d get wet on purpose just so I’d have an excuse to take off my shirt.

2 Likes

recent events (cough politics cough) lead me to believe that “don’t feed the trolls” isn’t working as intended.

I won’t change his mind, obviously. but he doesn’t get to control this conversation, either.

That’s funny because both chris evans and chris hemsworth report being traumatized & upset by rabid female fans.

Too bad you’ll never know what it’s like.

in my culture (european) male chest is nothing traumatising, you see it every water pool and beach too, also at a lot of summer activities :slight_smile:

as a matter of fact public pools here are mixed gender (i havent ever seen non mixed one, perhaps it exist in my country but doubtful) and we dont have a swimming suits for males that would hide their chest other then diving suit, normally they just wear the trunks or whatever its called and are all fine.

2 Likes

Then make sure to take down all topics relating to the art of this game. Unless you believe in double standards

Except this isn’t even a conversation. It’s bait.

It never would’ve become anything if people stopped biting the obvious lure. Turning it into an actual debate now can’t be taken seriously when the introductory post is an attempt at mockery.

Arguing with or against the OP is exactly how someone doesn’t get taken seriously. Even should you (the general ‘you’, not ‘you’ specifically) make a fair point later in a legitimate thread, it’ll be overshadowed by the confrontational nips previously taken for an excuse to argue your cause.

My point is: Don’t bite bait, it only bites you in the back.

3 Likes

Females sexualize themselves all the time, only people who think its a problem are feminists…

It’s only bait since the genders reversed huh? How sexist