Seals in legendary tasks

Sounds like more people need to buck up, put their wallets away and end the abusive relationship with Devs

I donā€™t know why you see that this is an abusive relationship with Devs here.

This Dev team (the entire GoW staff) have been well past accommodating to everyone. I know no other game that will reimburse for loss of in game goodies that were not purchased with real money.

I canā€™t count how many times I have seen this here. I can count the number of times on another Game that I reported two issues both loosing valuable non-purchased game goodies - and did they do something - NOPEā€¦

Yes I would like all the bugs fixed and the problems to stop but I know that isnā€™t realistic having been on a large scale enterprise email software team as the principal QA engineer of the servers/load balances. I know what it is like to have an outage that costs millions of dollars from our customers.

The dev here have worked weekends, holidays, even middle of the night to make this enjoyable.

Yes I would like more goodies -hence why I like the Events (I have some feedback about some of the choices) and I dislike the lack of multiple arcane traitstone locations and lack of drop, but I donā€™t think there is an abusive relationship here.

Just my two cents.

5 Likes

Actually Mgla, the devs have been very generous with free in-game troops and-- when they were previously allowed-- with gifts of gem keys and minor traitstones and Runics. (All this is what I would label ā€œfree cheeseburgersā€ to use your wording.). The bigger problem is that the availability rate for each specific troop is actually dropping, simply because when there are more troops being added all the time, it continually dilutes your chances of getting any one given troop.

If it does get to the point where obtaining ANY of the natural Mythics is about as likely as winning the 6/49 lottery, then Iā€™d agree it probably would no longer be worthwhile to pursue the card collection part of this game.

1 Like

This is the nature of ā€œrandom,ā€ and why itā€™s so effective at retention. Thereā€™s a ā€œpromiseā€ (a false one) that you make to yourself, saying, ā€œI can get it all, I just need to get lucky.ā€ The game highlights player successes by calling them out in chat (acquisition of a Legendary, ascension to Mythic) and your hardest opponents appear to have those troops you most covet, and at low level, too! But thatā€™s the thing ā€“ those people just got lucky, and the Law of Large Numbers kicks in and those success cases bubble to the top. You start to convince yourself that everyone else is winning and youā€™re not.

I get how that can feel frustrating, but when that frustration turns to entitlement (I see a lot of entitlement in your post history) it becomes grating. We all deal with the same RNG beast you deal with, we just donā€™t whinge about it when luck inevitably turns a cold shoulder.

8 Likes

Iā€™m similar to you. Iā€™m vip 5 and so is my partner, Iā€™ve paid for both of the accounts. Sheā€™s got death, war, plague and Draakulis with multiple copies of a couple of those. Iā€™ve saved over 200 event keys to try and get kraken but Iā€™d spent 5500 gems on vip keys with a couple of batches of gem keys without getting gardā€™s also. My last lot of 10 vip were all stones apart from a couple of epics I didnā€™t need. I think vip keys need to be looked into to be honest.

Then I guess weā€™re in for a bad time.

Pretty much. The people that started with the game will have things the rest us will likely never have. It is what it is.

You seem to be implying that those people arenā€™t also playing and paying into the game, when whatā€™s more likely is that they are playing and/or paying more than you are, since they have things you do not. Itā€™s also possible that itā€™s just the luck of the draw. Given the sheer number of players, there are statistically likely to be many that are unusually lucky, and many that are equally unusually unlucky.

Because humans tend to be exceedingly bad at both understanding randomness and pattern recognition.

1 Like

Then the Devs are going to continue to hear about it until change happens. It is what it is.

Thread summed up - RNG is RNG, you cant change RNG.

So either play the game or move on.

7 Likes

Well said. I was about to answer in another thread with something like that, butā€¦ in other words, which would likely start a s***storm, so I stopped myself. You said it in a much better, not to mention shorter, way :+1:

1 Like

And youā€™re going to scream at a wall while absolutely none of your demands and desires will be met. Give up. There are tens of thousands of players, and the fact that you want what you want, when you want it means precisely sweet F__K all. You arenā€™t a special flower, you deserve nothing.

Have a lovely day. Your fan,

• KrudlerTheHorse
9 Likes

Good to see the players are staying classy

Classy AF my good man.

5 Likes

Yeah. They should probably spend more time being classy and less time trying to be intimidating edgelords on the internet

@mgla I have been playing GoW for a long time. I started long before Ascension was even introduced. I stopped playing and came back over a year later to find it had become something so much more. Since that time, I have discovered this community and gotten to know the players and the devs better than any other game I have ever played.

Why do I bring this up? Why should you care?

Because THAT is why I and vast majority of players play this for the long term. RNGesus sucks! I doubt anybody would argue that fact with you. But the devs never sugarcoated the fact that this is a RNG based game. I am VIP 5 and had NOTHING in regards to base Mythics, then I had a run where I acquired 3 or 4 new mythics in a 2 week period!

NOTHING BUT DUMB RNG LUCKā€¦

I came for the game, I stayed for the family.
If its not for you, no problem.
I hope you find the right game and community to meet your needs.
Peace! :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to point out something here that Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen mentioned in all of the discussions about the problems with RNG in this game.

This is one of the few F2P games Iā€™ve ever played that allows you play an unlimited amount of time, no matter what.

Iā€™ve seen countless other games that hide extended play time behind currency, ā€œenergyā€, or a pay wall. This game has NONE of those things.

I never really thought of it until now but itā€™s worth mentioning I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m new here and what you say is true i have lost seals and gems and the Dev as you call them has always got back the stuff i lost iā€™m only at level 128 on mobile but enjoy the game a lot do any of you have problems with errors and the game freezing on you or saying lost connection please retry

1 Like

One of my favorite things about GoW. There is no ā€œenergyā€ mechanic. An that is the fastest/easiest way to microtransaction somebodyā€™s wallet. $1 to play now, or wait 8 hoursā€¦ Hereā€™s my $1!

I know how effective it is cuz my wife plays a Candy Crushing game that will go unnamedā€¦ uhā€¦nm :wink:

1 Like

I totally hear you on thatā€¦but there are times when I wonā€™t spend the extra dollar and just forgeā€¦

However this game is very free flowing with goodies unlike a certain Gummy game.