[Reported] Strange behavior of white border when previewing delve rooms

Platform, device version and operating system: Android, Samsung Galaxy S22

Screenshot or image:
gif_20231027_141700

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the white border in the delve room previews to highlight the page that is currently being viewed. Instead, it seems to “lag behind” and follows a peculiar logic.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
All the time since the latest update.

Steps to make it happen again
Just take a look at the delve room previews. Sometimes nothing is highlighted, usually the page that is highlighted is not the one that you’re looking at. I realize that this is a (very) minor issue compared to the others that have been reported, but I thought it might be helpful to report in any case.

2 Likes

Yep, I get this as well sometimes.

2 Likes

This seems to happen on other menus too. I play on Android. Sometimes I’ll open the games menu and the Soulforge button will be highlighted, for example.

4 Likes

Also happening in Explore - I’m also seeing blue highlighting that competes with the white. It is also happening in guild chat and other random places.

1 Like

There’s also a blue marker on the corner of troops. This appears to be an issue with an accessibility cursor/highlight appearing inappropriately. I’m seeing this on iOS.

1 Like

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android - Samsung Galaxy A51

Screenshot or image:
In battle:

In UI:

Note: for both of these images, I’ve only opened the menu. I have not clicked on anything else, but the Soulforge and Guild Chest options are selected for some reason.

Also see: What is this thing?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Two points:

1. The selection indicator does not seem to be doing what it’s meant to. Notice how I tap in the same places in the video and the indicator goes on and off again every other time.

2. I’m unsure why this indicator was added to mobile platforms in the first place, given there is no “hover over” functionality. That is, while on a PC you can hover your mouse over a troop or on console you can select different troops without “activating” anything, no such function exists on mobile. You either tap the button or you don’t, there is no “hover.” This indicator is more annoying than useful in that regard.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since the indicator was added to mobile.

Steps to make it happen again
Easiest to see it with a looping troop, but can be done with any troops. Sometimes clicking on an enemy shows the selection, sometimes it does not.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you, it is very confusing, here I want to select difficulty 12 but there is that weird selection indicator on difficulty 9…

Is it possible to remove it from mobile?

5 Likes

This one is the worst! Thanks for posting the ss.

2 Likes