[REPORTED] Stone blocks nasty bug

Platform, device version and operating system:

Xbox one, but probably all platforms played with a controller.

Screenshot or image:
Link to video below.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
After the last delve was introduced, players can now create Stone Blocks. It so happens that you can now also get locked out of your game with no way to freely move around or regain control of your pointer unless you select a troop that happens to be full mana and cast it, otherwise retreat is the only option.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Since stone blocks are a thing.

Steps to make it happen again
Position yourself on any gem of any color.
Click it.
See it shaking.
Then cast a spell that creates a stone block.
Apply RNG: have the gem color you chose convert into a stone block.
Done. You can now officially not move.

https://gameclips.io/el%20tuaya%20arg/28ba6306-b433-4eef-9656-c3e3a13f522a/embed

Sorry for the messy link

2 Likes

Solution: Donā€™t cast spells that are going to block you from making a moveā€¦!

Or face defenses in Guild Wars that use these troops on purposes due to the bug?

Your solution is actually a work around until a real solution is made. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

How likely do you think itā€™s going to be that a defensive team like that would actually be able to operate long (and successfully enough) to create a situation where youā€™re blocked out?

And how different is that from a Faction defence team where you simply cannot do enough damage to kill the opposition, but they canā€™t kill you either, so you end up Rage Quitting?

Thatā€™s like saying that thereā€™s a bug with a gun you bought because you shot yourself in the foot and then demand that the makers change the design so you canā€™t do it again!

So what Iā€™m reading is you didnā€™t watch the video and donā€™t actually understand the ā€œbugā€. Got it. Fair enough.

2 Likes

Yo, have you seen the video? The bug is about that the selector cursor is get stuck on the position where a stone block replaces a gem. I donā€™t think the AI uses a selector cursor, so it wonā€™t get stuck.
Advises like ā€œdonā€™t cast such spellsā€ are totally useless it was a waste of energy to write it.

Fine, I made a mistake, I thought it was in reference to people filling the board with blocks.

Got it? Fair enough.

1 Like

Iā€™ve passed this one, thanks for reporting the bug.

1 Like

So, itā€™s 2023 (almost 2024 :eyes:) and this is still happening :slight_smile:

Check the video here

3 Likes

Funny thing, I tried to start fishing for this just now and encountered a DIFFERENT bug, where I cast Deep Dwarf and he actually did NOT create a Stone Block. (x1 speed video footage is recorded, but itā€™ll be a while before I can upload.)

My research team specialized in Gargoyle Gems (Eternal Sentinel and Obsidiaxis + Hellcrag Explore run) so I wonder if that could be relatedā€¦