[Reported] Inappropriate Offers (Daily Deals)

This is particularly annoying right now because there’s a doom weapon in the pool for Ghulvania, which has an unobtainable weapon task at its current max stars.

With no purple doom event on the horizon, I’ll be getting useless ingot offers for up to a literal year.

This makes Arena an even worse deal, so it’s affecting the content of two major updates.

How long ago were we promised an alternative way to earn doom scrolls?

11 Likes

You’ll be able to get another Ghulvania weapon from the Raid in two weeks. Still doesn’t change that Daily Deals remain broken, maybe we should each open a ticket every time we get an incorrect one. It’s considered a major game play reward for winning a whole Arena run after all…

4 Likes

They make it SO HARD to spend gems on anything useful. Here are things I want to spend gems on, in daily offers or Arena offers: Imperial deeds. Warcoins. Pets (especially cosmetic pets, since these are now gating power levels).

Here are things that I will never, in 1000 years spend gems on: explore medals. Troops I already have at mythic. Chaos shards or treasures (my renown is maxed). Ingots (I have literally tens of thousands more ingots than I will ever need).

I would buy writs and deeds if the prices made more sense. An imperial deed for 500 gems is really the limit. colored deeds for 100 each means it takes 35,000+ gems to level a kingdom from 15 to 17. That’s… not a good investment. 150 writs for 150 gems? I shouldn’t have to tell you where to put that offer. I would also buy “crafting wealth” if the price were lower. 40,000 gems for a single mythic’s worth of diamonds is not a price I’m ready to pay.

If there is nothing I can buy with gems, the value of gems is 0. Don’t give me this “$50 value!” B.S.

11 Likes

You didn’t get the point :slight_smile:
I need pet and got ingot offer.
Maybe I should smelt all these ingots a mecha-giant pet :rofl:

This isn’t a problem unique to you. It affects everyone in the game. This isn’t the first or only thread on the topic. This isn’t the first time I’ve replied to this same thread. It’s endemic, fundamental, flawed, and disappointing. I’m just contributing in the pitiful hope that this time someone will see it and say, “hey maybe we should fix this, so our players can enjoy the game more AND spend more money.”

7 Likes

I agree that these offers are inappropriate.

Oh, thanks for the Intel. I checked spoilers a few weeks ago and nothing was on the horizon for Ghulvania weapons. That’s great news.

Edit: Wait, I currently have 8 maxed and the doom weapon needing scrolls. The task calls for 10 maxed weapons. So getting a 9th regular weapon will not stop the offers - the system will still see 9/10 and keep offering me ingots for my weapon that needs forge scrolls.

3rd Event key offer since getting to 23…just another example to show how these are flawed. A magic deed or ID would make sense in middle but I seem to recall the devs saying that they won’t appear in the middle slot…hopefully I’m wrong though.

2 Likes

Adding to the collection of inappropriate offers: got a daily deal for Pan’s Vale troops even though I have all of them mythic. The game says it will help with kingdom progression but it obviously won’t.

I could use pet and imperial deed offers though.

2 Likes

For that at least you can medal 3 more troops to Bronze and have the offers cease.

The game thinks an “elite level” is actually an additional ascension — hence copies of troops rather than medals :man_shrugging:

The people without enough weapons in a kingdom, or deeds to level, are totally fubar’d, though — no amount of ingots or event keys offered is going to help them get the weapon or Imperials they’re missing, but why not make at least the former available for gems since the game is already flash offering the same things for $5? It wouldn’t affect progression in the same way as raining Imperials would (so maybe only offer writs?), but would rather be a catch-up mechanic that this game desperately needs.

5 Likes

This, this and repeatedly this.

Fortunately, it will only be three weeks wasted on absolutely useless ingot offers (it’s so hard to think of a single instance when a player would actually buy them) in case of Ghulvania until missing weapon gets released (because, you know, Chain Flail is, firstly, paywalled and, secondly, not on offer currently even if somebody wanted to buy it).
It seems that we have arrived to a point where these no good for anything weapons matter…the least that devs could do is make sure that there are enough non-paywalled weapons released prior to a point where they are required for next star and daily deal/arena offers wouldn’t get absolutely wasted for indefinite period of time.

8 Likes

If I level to 16, I’ll get ingot for some time. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Yep these are my favourite at the moment. ‘Kingdom Helper’, whilst technically yes it could help boost your kingdom level should there be another requirement for a legendary event troop, but at this stage a measly 1 event key is a mere drop in the ocean and isn’t really a ‘Kingdom Helper’.

I’m in the exact same situation with Ghulvania, except it keeps giving me an ingot offer in the middle slot. I’ve got thousands upon thousands of useless ingots, why the hell would I need to buy any!?

If I had known I would be permanently punished with a useless offer everyday for god knows how long I wouldn’t have upgraded the pet.

This garbage needs to be fixed.

7 Likes

I agree that a paywalled weapon shouldn’t block players from being able to increase kingdom power and cause players to get useless ingot offers. There really should be an option to buy Chain Flail (and other weapons like it) for 500 gems instead of $5.

11 Likes

Yep… Ingots. Ingots is definitely what’s holding me back! Please give me more Ingot offers to spend my gems on! :rofl:

edit: But for sure, don’t let me buy more than one per day. That would be PAY TO WIN! lul

10 Likes

Yeah I know, it’s still frustrating though. :frowning: Also I’m out of medals at the moment so, uh… :rofl: Yeah I’m stuck lol.

Personally, I think if calculating personal offers is so difficult, then it should just be the same for everyone. Then it’s just a random offer. There may be useless offers, but it’ll help someone, and it’s expected behavior. Having something individual that doesn’t help is just frustrating.

2 Likes

When account specific offers help, they help a lot - looking at pets and invasion/raid/bounty troops for ascending;
When those offers don’t help, they truly annoy - looking at this (and similar) thread - and that makes the whole system look so bad.

I wouldn’t want first part to disappear, on the other hand - second part could be gone…

7 Likes

Actually, the official reasoning given was that leveling up your kingdom to 16 also costs gold, so offering some bundle that, among others, contains gold is super helpful and definitely working as intended.

1 Like

I need the purple forge scrolls, not the purple ingot :face_vomiting:

6 Likes