[Reported] Bone-Biter just devoured Cedric

Platform, device version and operating system:

• iPad Pro (11”), iOS 13.5.1,

Screenshot or image:

(the bandit at the top used to be Cedric before Bone-Biter devoured him)

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

• I expected Cedric to take damage, or be killed. What I got was a devour symbol, a buffed Bone-Biter and a replacement Bandit. The only thing I can think of is that Gnomes are considered undead??

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

• just happened, never seen before.

Steps to make it happen again

• all I can do to see if this is new is just keep playing. I’ve been in Stormheim a lot since Bone-Biter entered the game, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen him devour anything, as I always do this kingdom w. my double-Cedric team. Just wanted to mention it though, as others might have had it happen as well.
2 Likes

Who’s doing the QA stuff? It’s more of an oversight than anything else.

I was approached about Bone-Biter devouring troops he wasnt supposed to a while back but I was unable to recreate it. It ate Ishbaala that time and happened in PvP. Since I wasnt able to recreate it and it didnt initially happen to me I didnt post.

There is an Oxford comma before the and, the 50% devour chance is unrelated to it being undead.

It’s only supposed to be for Undead like the other 3-4 trolls who do double damage against certain type and can devour only those types.
Punctuation is not the designers forte.
No way this is intended.

But… they wouldn’t have to fix anything. Kafka could then just move on.

If you can get it to devour anything other than undead please get a video. I can get it to devour undead but not anything else.

It has been a while since I saw the inside of a classroom but I believe “If they are undead” is an introductory prepositional phrase and the first comma shows that. The oxford comma should just be to delineate items in a list of 3+ and while there are 3 items the first just modifies the rest and isn’t part of the list which contains 2 items.

2 Likes

so how does an Oxford comma, which according to sources is not common in Australia (among other countries), end up in a spell in an Australian game? That is one nasty and v. tricky side-slip of a spell wording.

Given the name “bone biter” does this seem like the reasonable thing - or is it more likely a misplaced comma?

I can’t get bone-biter to goble cedric, how disappointing.

The game would be better without those undead-hating troops and without Gnoll-hating development. Just saying…

You replied to the wrong person.
I believe it is a bug so your reply has nothing to do with me. :man_shrugging:

So far it’s just been then AI who ignores the mechanics and devours whatever it wants right?
No actual players have been able to devour the AI that isn’t undead?

Yeah, the one I saw was. I tested it that was as well and couldnt get it to trigger though.

Could be like Nymph. Havnt checked that lately to see if she was finally fixed… decided to check and she isnt.

I am bored. I will run more tests with stone-biter and see if I can get a video.

When he came in, I used him on pvp for the bonus on that week. I’m pretty sure mine devoured a Fire Bomb.

I haven’t been able to get Bone-Biter to devour non-Undead, specifically Cedric, either.

I set Bone-Biter on my PvP defense team and fought him with 4x Cedric. In total, I saw around 50x non-lethal casts from Bone-Biter before I stopped.

1 Like

Just had the AI devour my Maraji Queen (Elemental/Construct) in D5 explore

2 Likes

Hey, just an update, turns out there’s a 1% chance Bone-Biter will devour a non-Undead Troop, a fix should be going out for this tomorrow.

3 Likes

that Bone-Biter is realy hungry!

1 Like

Is the fix to update the text to reflect the 1% chance, or to remove the 1% chance?

2 Likes