Recent Game Issues

Thank you from myself & our Guild as well.

1 Like

Interesting read from a technical standpoint.

Also great way to show more transparency with the issues going on. Thank you for posting this!

1 Like

Another player - and a whole alliance of 6 guilds behind me - adding to the list of people thanking you.

This is the kind of communication we love.

Yes, the bugs still suck and all, but we all appreciate the detailed information.

Thank you!

Hope the affected GW scores can still be fixed - that should have been my best GW with only one lost battle but missing 6k points… You know… :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

At least you had the guts to actually say it.

1 Like

Thank you for communicating the issues. At this point this has become a heavily flawed game and I would rather see it cleaned up before any “new” glitches… I mean gems and events are forced out due to self-imposed yet unattainable deadlines.

1 Like

Thank you for the update @Nimhain
It is time to focus more on making this game right before adding new stuff. Care about the quality of your product will go a long way and will bring the trust back to your loyal customer.
Looking forward for a better Gems of War free of bugs.
Thanks again

1 Like

Hey @Nimhain , thanks again for the well-communicated update. I was curious if the following is an official stance, and if there is the possibility of further discussion (whether solely internally or with the community) about how to better communication going forward. The following communicates, “fine, I’ll talk to you, but if you complain again, we’re through.” We believe there are better ways to go about this.

4 Likes

Thank you @Nimhain!

1 Like

@Bernice wow welcome back! Been missing you!

1 Like

@Nimhain Thanks for the update. As a huge fan of Guild Wars, I’d much rather have it right than broken.

Since there is no guild wars can we just revert back to last GW results and get that same compensation. We were planning on that same result at least on Xbox :joy::joy::joy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

1 Like

@Nimhain can the compensation for me be 1550 gems since we would taken 1st place anyway (Xbox)? :grin: Since we are in the holiday spirit of giving.

Very pleased to see a developer give us actual details for once. I hope this continues in the future.

Sadly for me, this part…

4. Born of Fire/Nature/etc Traits having problems at the start of turn
With this issue we provided a workaround to the players who had contacted Support. (Wait for any Born of X traits to resolve, including Gem matches before casting a spell that targets the board).

In the future,
Perhaps someone could send an in game message to warn players of such a bug to save frustration, lost gems, and the time lost for the player, as well as the staff who filter the tickets.
At least it seems like it would be as easy as the current game mail for such things as the recent campaign missing stars.

I am still quite disappointed that I received no response; let alone one to tell me there was a work around or even that it was the ‘Born of X’ trait causing the problem. And the first ticket was sent on Nov 17th (22 days ago) with replies the following 5 days of it happening.

5 Likes

They should mail 1k gems to everyone, or divide the gems that would have been mailed, or do literally anything to ensure the community isn’t deprived of gems by the schedule change.

I get that places shuffling due to randomness is not fun.

But dang, y’all

We just got shorted our opportunity for gems, and people are thankful

Crazy.

I would sooner see any guild of my Bracket get the 1k gems and my own guild get moved to Bracket 2 (we’d just move back up when the bug got fixed :man_shrugging:) than see the entire community get shafted with nothing.

It’ll be nice, personally, not to have to schedule my battles around holiday plans, but. I really didn’t expect people to be so happy they wouldn’t have the chance to get some gems even if their competition got more (deserved or not — who cares [as long as it isn’t a permanent state of affairs]?) :joy::ok_hand:

We have never been in B2. No plans to start now. Heads would roll :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Some folks want an extra vault event to make up for it. Some wanted a whole week. Doubt that happens lol. A day or 3 would not be terrible.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this implies something is in the works, but seeing as how it’s nearing the end of their work week, I don’t feel they will get it ready in time for next week. Perhaps they will do as you suggested instead - send out extra compensation.

1 Like

99% of players don’t make a gem profit from gw.

6 Likes

Hello Adventurers,

Just a short update.

I have good news that we will be setting up a 3 Day Gnome Vault Event to run Tuesday - Thursday next week.

We will also be running a special Adventure Board each day for the full week, starting after weekly reset.

Is this the Guild Wars Defense Team Score compensation?
Not entirely, this is mainly something we wanted to do since we had to delay Guild Wars.

We do plan to send out a global mail with some compensation once a final decision has been reached here. We are still looking into what is possible, and discussing the different options that we have going forward.

59 Likes

Not that I’m ungrateful, because I am grateful and this is going to be fun (more Vault is always good!) but what about the Wednesday 24h pet rescue?

7 Likes