Re-Working Classes - Community Concepts

With the recent discussion of Elementalist far exceeding other classes in terms of it’s crazy third trait, I thought I’d put in some suggestions for updated third traits on some classes that may need a little love!

I would love to hear your suggestions as well and I can add them to the list! Some classes I don’t have ideas for, others I think are fine as-is.

Archer
Current: 15% chance for Skull damage to be lethal.

:memo:Suggestion: 20% chance for Skull damage to be lethal. [Credit: @TheIdleOne ]

Archmagus
Current: Gain 2 bonus Purple Mana when matching Purple Gems.

:memo:Suggestion: Create a Darkstorm at the start of every turn.
Reasoning: This brings the class in line with the much loved Sunspear class.
:warning: Counterpoint: Mana buffs can be incredibly useful as well as stackable with other perks. [Credit: @Risa ; @TheIdleOne ]

Assassin
Current: 10% Chance to assassinate the last enemy when I deal Skull damage.

:memo:Suggestion: All Naga allies start with 50% mana. [Credit: @Darkborne ]
Reasoning: Aligns with other classes.
:warning:Counterpoint: Lethal damage can be very strong in some teams, and a troop could serve the role of the 50% start. [Credit: @Zuul-Emo ; @TheIdleOne ]

:memo:Suggestion: 20% to assassinate the last enemy when I deal Skull damage.

Barbarian
Current: Gain 3 Attack when matching Red Gems.

:memo:Suggestion: Give 3 Attack to all Red allies when matching Red Gems.
Reasoning: This takes a very underwhelming class trait and makes it somewhat more viable, although still could use some work.

:memo:Suggestion: All Allies gain 4 Mana when I take damage. [Credit: @TheIdleOne ]
Reasoning: Adds flavor of a Barbarian charging into battle and gaining momentum from exchanging blows in battle.

Bard
Current: All Yellow Allies gain 1 to all Stats at the start of each turn.

Corsair
Current: Gain 2 bonus Blue Mana when matching Blue Gems.

:memo:Suggestion: Submerge a Blue ally when matching Blue Gems.
Reasoning: Submerge is a fantastic buff, especially in modes like PvP. Corsair already leans into this with its Water tree, and additional submerge chances would be useful.
:warning: Counterpoint: Mana buffs can be incredibly useful as well as stackable with other perks. [Credit: @Risa ]

Deathknight
Current: Death Mark all enemies when I die.

:memo:Suggestion: 50% chance to Death Mark a random enemy on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: While neat in concept, the hero having to die for its third trait to do anything is… not great. With Death Mark gems not existing and more ways to cleanse than when this class was introduced, it can stand to Death Mark more often. Notably, Doomasyer has this recommendation as a second trait (with only a 25% chance).

Dervish
Current: Give all Monster Allies 2 to all Skill Points on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

:memo:Suggestion: All Monster Allies start with 50% Mana.
:warning: Counterpoint: raising stats per 4+ match can be great on certain teams. [Credit: @Zuul-Emo ]

Diabolist
Current: 25% chance to summon a Nightmare when an Ally casts a Spell.

:memo:Suggestion: All Daemon Allies start with 50% Mana.

Doomsayer
Current: Explode a Purple Gem at the start of battle.

Dragonguard
Current: All ally Dragons gain 1 Life and Magic on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

:memo:Suggestion: Cleanse all Dragon allies on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: Serves as a more niche form of Beetrix for dragon teams.
:warning: Counterpoint: raising stats per 4+ match can be great on certain teams. [Credit: @Zuul-Emo ]

Elementalist
Current: Stun, Freeze, Burn, and Entangle a random Enemy when matching 4 or more Gems.

:memo:Suggestion: Stun, Freeze, Burn, OR Entangle a random Enemy when matching 4 or more Gems.
Reasoning: Maybe an unpopular opinion, but even with buffing other classes, I believe Elementalist is a force most teams in the game can’t reasonably counter without using the likes of Beetrix or Wand of Stars.
:warning:Counterpoint: Elementalist assists players (especially new ones) in fighting very strong enemies. Nerfing Elementalist would make strong enemies (such as high levels in events) very difficult to fight. [Credit: @AMT ]
:warning:Counterpoint: Applying only one of these effects to a random enemy is taking the nerf too far. Instead, apply two effects to a random enemy, or one effect to two random enemies. [Credit: @Risa ]

Frostmage
Current: 25% chance to Freeze a random enemy when an ally casts a spell.

:memo:Suggestion: Freeze a random enemy when an ally casts a spell.
Reasoning: Make Frostmage the effective freezer it was always meant to be!

Geomancer
Current: All Construct Allies start with 50% Mana.

Hierophant
Current: 25% chance to grant a random Positive Status Effect to a random Ally when my turn begins.

:memo:Suggestion: Summon a Leafstorm at the start of every turn.
Reasoning: Aligns with Sunspear.

:memo:Suggestion: Give an Ally a random Positive Status Effect when my turn begins. [Credit: @Risa ]
Reasoning: The concept for a good trait is there, but the low chance and random nature of the effect means this has little viability in battle. A guaranteed positive effect each turn helps counter debuffs and becomes stronger over time as buffs stack.

Knight
Current: Gain 2 Armor every turn.

:memo:Suggestion: Allied Knights gain 4 Armor on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: The current third trait is really pitiful. This at least would help other knights defend better.

Mechanist
Current: All Mechs start battle with 50% Mana.

Monk
Current: All Mechs start battle with 50% Mana.

Necromancer
Current: Gain an extra Soul on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

:memo:Suggestion: Gain 5 Souls on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: This is not a great trait except maybe for new players. If you want to lean into that, make it give more souls to be worth it for even new players to use.

Oracle
Current: All Centaurs gain 2 Magic when an enemy casts a spell.

:memo:Suggestion: Allied Centaurs start with 50% mana.

Orbweaver
Current: 35% chance to summon a Giant Spider when I take damage.

:memo:Suggestion: 50% chance to summon a Giant Spider when an Ally dies.
Reasoning: Make Orbweaver the annoying summoner class it was always meant to be!
:warning: Counterpoint: summoning when taking damage may be more beneficial than when an ally dies if the hero is up front. [Credit: @Zuul-Emo ]

Plaguelord
Current: Inflict Disease on a random Enemy on Green Gem matches.

:memo:Suggestion: Inflict Disease on a random Enemy on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: This class can afford to really lean into the crippling effects of Disease without being overpowered.

Priest
Current: All allies heal 2 points per turn.

:memo:Suggestion: Allied Divine troops start with 50% mana.
Reasoning: Aligns with other classes. 2 health per turn is negligible for most players.

:memo:Suggestion: Cleanse all allies on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: Lessens the “need” for Beetrix and allows a counter for strong debuffing classes like Elementalist. [Credit: @ekkusu ]

Runepriest
Current: All Dwarven allies gain 2 Life and Attack on 4 or 5 Gem matches.

:memo:Suggestion: Allied Dwarf troops start with 50% mana.

Sentinel
Current: 25% chance to Barrier a random Ally at the start of my turn.

Shaman
Current: All Allied Tauros start battles with 50% Mana.

Slayer
Current: Inflict Bleed on all Enemies when an Enemy dies.

:memo:Suggestion: Inflict 2 stacks of Bleed on a random Enemy on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: Buffed trait and still not at all overpowered.

Sorcerer
Current: 50% chance to gain 1 Magic every turn.

:memo:Suggestion: Give all allies 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell.
Reasoning: This is the spellcaster class. Encourage casting of spells and raise the buff.

Spiritwalker
Current: Drain 2 Mana from a random Enemy when an Ally casts a spell.

Stormcaller
Current: Conjure a Lightstorm when my turn begins.

Sunspear
Current: Create a Firestorm at the start of every turn.

Thief
Current: Deal 7 damage to the last enemy on 4 or 5 matches.

Titan
Current: All Giants start battle with 50% Mana.

Warden
Current: All allies gain 5 Armor.

:memo:Suggestion: Summon a Duststorm at the start of every turn.
Reasoning: Extremely underpowered trait. Aligns with Sunspear.

:memo:Suggestion: Give allies 5 Armor at the start of my turn. [Credit: @Zuul-Emo ]
Reasoning: Works well for armor-based teams such as Rowanne.

Warlord
Current: Gain 3 Attack when dealing Skull damage.

:memo:Suggestion: Gain Enraged when dealing Skull damage.
Reasoning: Lean into the brute force.

Warpriest
Current: 50% chance to Stun a random enemy at the start of my turn.

7 Likes

Hmm … no suggestions from me (yet), but looks like you misspelled “Mechanist” up there. :wink:

It’s a good start for reworking classes. Get those much needed half mana starts to forgotten troop types. Maybe have assassin give a 50% mana start to all naga allies instead of the 10% chance of instantly killing the last enemy when you deal skull damage? I will take a look at my Excel sheet and see if I can format it into something that is more presentable and have u guys take a look over it. Ideas can be improved through discourse and discussion. If enough people get involved, we can mold classes into more viable options for all game modes.

(I have ideas for reworked talents as well because lightning strike and fortitude tend to overshadow many other abilities) But I want to know that this feedback will be taken seriously and considered because these suggestions come from some of the most knowledgeable and dedicated gamers I have ever met.

@Kafka @Bramble @Nimhain or anyone else that can monitor and pass along this discussion would be greatly appreciated.:+1:

2 Likes

Don’t nerf Elementalist: many of us rely on it in order to enjoy events/Underspire against increasingly large opponents that would otherwise otk our troops with skull damage, thus costing us more sigils, time, and frustration if we are trying to reach a certain reward tier.

When things are not worth the risk/effort/investment, casual players tend to avoid the gem investment.

:pray: :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

I think it should be leafstorm since most use this class with rowanne teams.

Man… Figures that I couldn’t type up that many classes without missing one! :joy:

A good start is exactly what I hoped this would be. I know a lot of people on here will have better ideas than me! Good suggestion for Assassin, I’ll add that in. And excel sheet would be great too.

Although I disagree, I’m going to add this sentiment to the list because there’s a significant amount of support for this line of thought and it’s something to consider should classes ever be rebalanced.

I put Leafstorm under Hierophant, but it could work here too!

2 Likes

Perhaps the talent tree concept could use some work. For many classes, talent 100 doesn’t provide a sensible choice.

One idea would be to replace one of the three talent lists with one specific to each class. Each talent in the new list could help allies from the same kingdom and/or the same character type as the hero.

Here are some data.

Class Kingdom Type Talent 100 Helps Most In Kingdom Are
Archer Forest of Thorns Elf Wargare / Stryx / Rogues Elemental, Fey, Beast, Elf
Archmagus Silverglade Mystic Mystics / Elementals / (hero) Elf, Mystic, Beast
Assassin Mist of Scales Naga Undead / (allies) / Rogues Naga, Monster, Beast, Elemental
Barbarian Grosh-Nak Orc Tauros / Wargare / Elementals Orc, Monster, Beast
Bard Pan’s Vale Wildfolk Urska / Mystics / Constructs Wildfolk, Mystic, Beast
Corsair Blackhawk Rogue Rogues / Merfolk / Stryx Rogue, Merfolk, Monster
Deathknight Ghulvania Undead Undead / Mech / Elementals Undead, Beast, Monster, Fey
Dervish Drifting Sands Monster Stryx / Rogues / Elementals Monster, Elemental, Wildfolk, Mystic
Diabolist Blighted Lands Daemon Undead / (hero) / (hero) Daemon, Knight, Dragon
Doomsayer Sin of Maraj Daemon (hero) / Fey / Undead Daemon, Mystic
Dragonguard Dragon’s Claw Dragon (hero) / Mech / Urska Dragon, Mystic
Elementalist Nexus Elemental (hero) / Merfolk / Elementals Elemental, Beast
Frostmage Glacial Peaks Fey Merfolk / Mystics / Elementals Fey, Beast, Elemental
Geomancer Hellcrag Construct (hero) / Mystics / Constructs Construct, Daemon
Hierophant Bright Forest Fey (hero) / Divine / Fey Fey, Elemental
Knight Sword’s Edge Knight Mech / Divine / Urska Knight, Human, Undead, Beast
Mechanist Adana Mech Mech / Stryx / Constructs Mech, Human
Monk Shentang Elf Fey / (hero) / Merfolk Elf, Divine, Mystic, Beast, Urska
Necromancer Khetar Undead Undead / (allies) / Mystics Undead, Monster, Beast, Mystic
Oracle Divinion Fields Centaur Divine / Constructs / Stryx Centaur, Mystic, Fey, Beast
Orbweaver Zhul’Kari Elf Wargare / (allies) / Urska Elf, Beast, Mystic
Plaguelord Darkstone Human Mystics / (hero) / (hero) Human, Monster, Daemon, Rogue
Priest Whitehelm Divine Divine / Fey / Constructs Divine, Human, Knight, Construct
Runepriest Khaziel Dwarf (hero) / Constructs / Mech Dwarf
Sentinel Urskaya Urska Urska / (hero) / Mech Urska, Beast, Daemon, Fey
Shaman Wild Plains Tauros Wargare / Tauros / Divine Tauros, Beast, Wargare, Monster
Slayer Dhrak-Zum Dwarf Tauros / Undead / (hero) Dwarf, Undead, Monster
Sorcerer Karakoth Daemon Constructs / (hero) / (hero) Daemon, Mystic, Construct, Human
Spiritwalker Vulpacea Wargare Mystics / Fey / Wargare ???
Stormcaller Suncrest Stryx Elementals / Fey / Stryx Stryx, Mystic, Elemental
Sunspear Pridelands Raksha Wargare / Merfolk / (hero) Raksha, Beast, Daemon
Thief Zaejin Goblin Rogues / (allies) / Stryx Goblin, Beast, Elemental
Tidecaller Merlantis Merfolk Merfolk / Fey / Mystics Merfolk, Beast, Mystic
Titan Stormheim Giant Tauros / (hero) / Elementals Giant, Elemental
Warden Maugrim Woods Beast Wargare / Mech / Rogues Wargare, Beast, Daemon
Warlord Broken Spire Giant Tauros / (hero) / Urska Elemental, Giant, Beast
Warpriest Leonis Empire Human Tauros / Divine / Urska Human, Rogue, Beast

References: GoW-TnT and GoW Sleuth

5 Likes

Don’t know how others feel, but I actually like getting extra mana for a match more than having a storm. Feels like a better trait as is.

Definitely feels better as it is, rather than the 50% mana. Doing lethal damage is very powerful, even at 10%, while starting mana just gets the match started a bit quicker. I get that there’s not a troop with 50% starting mana for Naga (yet), so having it would be good, but I wouldn’t trade the lethal damage. Again, don’t know if that’s just me, though.

Trading constant stat boosts throughout a match for starting mana also seems bad to me. Getting the fight started quicker is good, but stat boosts are better. Plus, dwarves do have a troop that gives 50% starting mana to allies (King Highforge).
I don’t understand your reasoning behind them, either. You’re trying to align them with other classes, but they’re already aligned with each other and Bard, except in which stats they give, so wouldn’t aligning them so they give 1 to all stats be better (or all classes with similar traits give 2, like Dervish)?

I’d have preferred increasing the chance, rather than having a constant leafstorm, but I get the reasoning behind having mana control here.

Isn’t it more powerful to summon when taking damage than when an ally dies, given that a troop can take damage multiple times, but the ally only dies once? Not sure what others think, but this feels better as it is, for me.

This trait is definitely weak, and needs buffing, but I’d have thought making it add to stats constantly instead of just once would be the better buff. So, “all allies gain 5 armour when an ally deals damage” or “all allies gain 5 armour at the start of my turn” or “all allies gain 5 armour on 4 or 5 gem matches”.

Otherwise, I like the ideas of making the changes you suggested.
I think elementalist is too strong, and I like your change suggestion, but I can see the fact that because it’s too strong it makes the game easy for new players, so I’d want other stuff buffed before it got changed. But, assuming the others got a buff, it probably shouldn’t be immune to getting balance changes, too.

My reasoning here is partially that I wanted a class for each color perma-storm. I am definitely a fan of the current trait but wouldn’t mind the perma-storm either, and it may be more useful with various teams.

Noted! I do like the lethal damage too.

My point in changing these was that the stat boosts are negligible in many cases. One thing I’ve noticed is that stat boosts get less impactful the stronger a player is (example: +2 attack/armor means a lot more to a player with 10 base attacks/armor than to a player with 80 base attacks/armor). I find that fast starts often make or break battles in this game, but I understand your logic here and will note it in the OP!

I originally put a 100% chance to give a random ally a random positive effect at the start of the turn, but opted to complete the perma-storm set. Both are valid options.

Noted!

Valid and noted. Again, wanted to complete the set of perma-storms here.

Thank you so much for the feedback!!!

2 Likes

similar to beetrix, i think a cleanse all on 4 match trait for the priest class would fit the class theme and make it one of the more useful classes

2 Likes

I agree with you guys about NOT replacing the final trait for the assassin. A legendary naga troop that gives 50% starting mana to all naga allies could alleviate this, but going through all the missing troop types that don’t have the 50% mana start is part of a larger issue.

The 10% chance to kill the last enemy when you match skulls is powerful, and I think it’s part of a larger issue with many of the talents being wasted. The 7% chance to kill the last enemy when an enemy dies can work well with it. New talents that buff skull damage can help make this work even better.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanations and adding my feedback to the post.

1 Like

Leave Archmagus and Cosair alone. Double mana bonus is irreplaceable. If anything, I’d like to complete double mana bonus set before perma-storm set. Because multiple storms don’t stack, while multiple mana bonuses stack.

Hierophant’s current trait is good and unique in mechanics, just too-low chance. Raise it to 50% (if not 100%) will be good. Again, I’m not very enthused on perma-storm. Don’t change interesting traits just for sake of completing that set.

On Elementalist, while I agree it need to be nerfed, nerfed to one of four status to one enemy is a bit excessive. A random status to a random enemy makes it too unreliable. It should be one random status to two random enemies, or two random status to one random enemy. That will be on par with other legendary traits.

4 Likes

I actually rather like the current trait as-is. Sure, it’s weaker than Emperinazara’s third trait, but I would rather not create a Hero version of Queen Beetrix that can be literally any Mana color (and also equip Wand of Stars – why bother Blessing the team when you can Curse the enemy team and most of the time get Cleansed for free?)

I agree, both with the sentiment that Elementalist is too powerful to run on a looping team, and with this being an unpopular opinion.

If Elementalist’s trait absolutely needs to inflict 4 status ailments instead of just one (and I can’t find a thematic reason why not), here’s some alternative nerf ideas:

• Scatter the 4 statuses across the enemy team as a whole.
  • Or, always inflict those 4 statuses on a predictable enemy (first? strongest?) instead of random.

I’m going to push back a little bit on this one as the suggested trait only cleanses Dragon allies, severely limiting team building options if you want your whole team cleansed. Although I’m wondering if something more thematic would be more appropriate, maybe creating Dragon Gems?

Cool idea, added!

Added! Totally fair point about the perma-storms.

1 Like

So, Wand of Stars + Stellarix it is. Right.

My dumb opinion:

Suggested: 20% chance to Skull damage to be lethal.

Will pushback on this suggestion, 2 bonus Mana is a valid unique benefit.

Suggested:
Change Trait 1: Mystic Bond —> Trait: Song of Darkness

to allow for additional purple synergies of extra mana + purple starting storm

Will pushback, 50% type mana start on hero classes is a boring way to release 50% bonuses and works best if there isn’t a bunch of them.

Suggested: 20% Chance to assassinate the last enemy when I deal Skull damage.
Change Trait 2: Venomous —> Trait: Tough Scales

to allow for it to be a little more durable as a first slot choice.

Suggested: All Allies gain 4 Mana when I take damage.

Some might say yeah… but Shade of Zorn!! no, just rework Shade of Zorn entirely.

this suggestion allows for the flavor of a Barbarian charging into battle and gaining momentum from exchanging blows in battle.

Suggested: Gain 2 bonus Yellow Mana when matching Yellow Gems.
Change: Trait 1: Wildfolk Bond —> Song of Light

Frees up “All Yellow Allies gain 1 to all Stats at the start of each turn” to be placed on a troop (and potentially stack up).

Fills the yellow variant of 2 mana bonus. Allows Priest hero class to be adjusted properly.

There’s actually technical issues (so far) with traits where Positive traits that isn’t enchant (so mana adjustments) dont seem to work properly with color gems. Reflect on Brown Gems and Bless on Yellow Gems both seem to have been changed/adjusted. So… this would never work…

Even then, I wouldn’t subject Corsair to this change, for the same simple reasons as Archmagus.

Suggested: Change Trait 1: Water Heart → Trait: Song of Ice

More extra mana synergy

Suggested: Curse and Freeze a random enemy when I take damage.

Change Trait 1: Undead Bond → Warded
Change Trait 2: Warded → Ice Armor

Change the function of Deathknights to be the upfront Undead class. 3rd trait would be a variation of the Giant Sentinel, but more wide effecting. Would seem very pushed at first, but the class is still vulnerable to stun so it should work out. Sister Superior > undead

Same thoughts as Assassin.
Suggested: Change Trait 1: Monster Bond → New Trait: Inflict Terror when doing Skull damage.

Not the most practical trait until the last enemy, but… flavor: you are a Monster. Not like Monster Bond was doing much anyways.

Agreed

3rd trait is actually Doomsight

Suggested: Change Trait 3: Doomsight → Inflict Curse on a random Enemy when an Ally casts a spell.

Death Mark on 4/5 match already exists on Pharoah Nefertani and no one cares. May as well do something different.

more to come later, maybe

1 Like

Archer alternative: 25% chance for green troops to ignore armor when doing skull damage.
Reason: Ignoring armor is a lot more common these days. Green works with the class. Also skulls are super easy to get, so even a 15% instakill is a cheap shot.

Assassin Alternative: Team has insulated and Sturdy (no freeze, poison).
Reason: They deal with poison and shouldn’t be able to be poisoned. Also, thieves are limber and shouldn’t be able to “lock up” easily like normal troops do.

Deathknight Alternative: Kill one random enemy when I die.
Reason: Traditionally a death curse is more than a “maybe you will die”, it’s a you WILL die. This may make players think twice on using insta-kill spells on your hero. Also losing your hero is a steep price, which makes it more fair.

Dervish Counterpoint: Monsters are one of the harder to use classes. They need stat buffs or fall fast. It’s fine as -is.

Diabolist Alternative: Jinx: halve enemy gem masteries.
Reason: Falls into the madness and curse angle of the class. Also, Jinx really slows down enemy mana building which is nice with Plaguebearer. Finally, Nightmare summoning makes little sense when you can already get free Hellspawn.

Doomsayer alternative: Purify all allies when matching 4 or more gems.
Reason: This class has “life” as one of it’s three traits, but the base traits seem to ignore this. Purify leans into the Life ability tree which could help those who use Life spin Doomsayer as a protective class.

Dragonguard: Dragons gain one random stat point on 4 or 5 gem matches.
Reasoning: Dragons are some of the most OP troops in the game. Example: Stellarix. They don’t need a Beetrix. 1 point at random is fair.

Elementalist suggestion is fine. Keep it as is (one random debuff, freeze not included).
Counter-counterpoints: They get snap freeze as a level 1 ability. They freeze someone anyway with no work added, which is extremely nasty IMHO. They don’t need it on a 4+ match, especially as 4+ match is really easy with elementals. Multi-turn teams are extremely common so only one negative buff per is fine. It will stack up fast.

Frostmage alternative: Team has Insulated (can’t be frozen).
Reasoning: Frostmage is at risk of becoming the new Elementalist due to elemental affinity plus freezing. It also already has snap freeze at level 1 for auto-freeze. It makes more sense to have the ice guy not be able to be frozen.

Hierophant: supporting Risa’s version with a tweak. Make it a 25% chance so it doesn’t stack so fast. Falls in line with Sentinel’s buff chance.

Knight alternative: All humans gain 2 armor and 1 life on 4 or 5 gem matches.
Reason: Armor is pretty much useless outside of early game. There’s even troops that strip all of it in one move! Adding a little life would be nice and give a reason to use a hero on the team.

Monk actually has a typo Current ability is “Gain 3 Mana when matching 4 or more Gems.” Also that ability is really nice as is.

Necromancer Alternative: Necromancy. (50% extra souls from battle)
Reasoning: It’s really easy to gain souls if you have the right troops or weapons, so the class itself doesn’t need it. It feels weird that Necromancer doesn’t have Necromancy! This tweak could turn Necromancer into a delightful class for those who need to grind for souls.

Oracle alternative: Bless an ally when an enemy casts a spell
Reason: There is a priest-divine theme going on with this class. Blessing someone when you see something bad coming feels more like a portent than gaining stats does. It also gives Oracle use as an anti-freeze class.

Orbweaver alternative 50% to summon Spider Eggs when I take damage.
Reasoning: Spider eggs are more of a wall that can summon, which is actually more useful than Giant Spider overall. Finally, that freaky spider-hero dropping eggs is just a weird a metal image that fits Zuul-Kari.

Plaguelord counterpoint: if we get more bless and cleanse classes, Plaguelord is balanced. Disease is annoying but livable in general.

Priest: Bless random ally on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Reasoning: More powerful than cleanse without being OP. This class actually is valuable in multi-turn teams already due to life gain, so the chance of the entire team getting blessed is pretty high. I literally use Priest for life gain like this.

Thief Alternative 1: Gain an extra turn whenever I cast a spell.
Reasoning: This is the goblin class. Goblin out. You are trading all kinds of special things for one more turn, which help balance things.

Thief Alternative 2: Deal 1/4 my current attack as true damage to the last enemy on 4 or 5 gem matches.
Reasoning: Thief comes in too late for 7 normal damage to really matter much. Having it be tied to your actual attack helps it stay useful. This could be especially nice in Journey on on Delves where you may have boosted stats.

Warden counterpoint (armor on turn start): The highest level traits already give armor on turn start. 5 free armor every turn is too much on troops that use armor. Go with Dust Storm.

Just want to say this is an excellent thread, and as someone who is still leveling classes and presently playing with some of the most useless ones, I can definitely say they need upgrading! Otherwise once people complete all classes they just play with the 1 - 3 top classes and never use any other class again.

1 Like