Random troops who do not possess Agile now dodging

Please check the known issues list before posting a bug.

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template.

Platform, device version and operating system:

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

Steps to make it happen again
Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

Ordinarily I wouldn’t bother with ‘officially’ reporting bugs but since this past Monday 12th Nov, I’ve encountered a few strange random occurrences. To save time and retyping, I’ll just repost the relevant part of my OP and reply here rather than retyping:

"Plus I just had Ubastet dodge seven(!) times in succession whilst on 1HP and then promptly nuke two of my troops straight after.

On a side note, since when did Dwarven Walls acquire the ability to dodge also? It’s happened a couple of times in the grouping of Dwarven Wall x 3 and King Highforge."

[Primitive’s reply went in here.]

"Thank you for your damage control and guesswork. Like it or not these instances occurred and I wouldn’t have posted were I not absolutely 100% certain of what I saw and experienced. I’ve been playing this game solidly since the beginning of the year and differeniated between dodge and barrier way back then.

Dwarven Gates randomly dodged (a la Submerged animation sans the whirlpool swirl) during two ranked PvP matches I played yesterday (Tuesday). And there have also been two or three other troops (who do not possess Agile) I’ve seen do this since Monday during ranked PvP.

The Ubastet 1HP thing happened as clear as day literally a few minutes before I originally posted, again in ranked PvP."

There you have it. For what little it’s worth I’m playing on a PS4 Pro with SSD and 4K (as I’ve been doing since the getgo).

Quick question, did you play in a delve before you started seeing this happen?

Nope, not yet. Haven’t touched the Delve at all so far this week. Just been hitting the PvP and Raid constantly, with the occasional foray into the Treasure Hunt.

There’s also something else I’m noticing this week that I hadn’t seen in any of the weeks/months previously. It’s very minor but there are random, infrequent instances where I’ll do Skull damage and instead of the troop icon flying across the screen to physically connect with the opponent as per normal, it’ll just sit there whilst the enemy troop reacts / animates as if it were hit. Hardly worth mentioning but when tallied with other ‘nothing’ minor oddities that also hadn’t occurred before, it’s clear (at least to me) that something’s gone wrong somewhere.

Also, (if I remember correctly) I’m sure I read somewhere that glitches such as the stationary ‘burning’ animation and dead troops (icon) still being left on the screen were fixed/patched. If that’s true then unfortunately they have returned as I’ve been randomly encountering those again this week too.

Hey @GarbageOfWar

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Is this still happening now?
Can you please tell me which Troops were on both Teams?
Which game modes have you noticed this in?

If it happens again can you please try to get a video of it happening?

Okay, it happened to me as well. Now I know that it did, but I was playing at x4 speed.
I thought that I was losing it, but now I know I was correct after all. If the author of the original post can be more (very) specific, I’ll try to replicate this issue, since i forgot about my team composition as it happened over a few days ago. I suspect that it has something to do with the order of units, maybe even the spawns.
Also, I suspect that King High-forge may be the culprit here, and that it somehow triggers some units/spawned abilities, but I am not sure about that. I would love to help, in any case.

I can clearly record a video in high definition and put it on YouTube. I am on PC and on OS 7x64 SP1.

Awaiting more details…

2 Likes

It almost looks like a visual bug, where the troop doesn’t get knocked back and the little spark doesn’t happen when taking damage. In my case, this happened, making it look like an agile dodge, but the troop still took damage.

I’ll get a video if I see it again.

1 Like

You better record in advance to some external drive. The issue may not always occur.

You can also historically record from Windows 10.

This feature also allows (free) screen recording in general.

1 Like

But if anyone else experiences this issue, ideally we would need a video to understand it, if not screenshots, and this information, :slight_smile: