Raid Boss Weekly Kingdom Only?

Winning battles with troops of a certain colour, Race or Kingdom is something we always had on console through daily tasks, even before the introduction of guild wars. Building teams with certain limitations is something that has become natural for me as a PS4 player. I already have a competent team for every colour, race or Kingdom written down.

5 Likes

It’s not like I mind some challenge. But tbh I have only 4 Shentang troops counting Penglong. That’s not much. I know about 2 additional troops releasing on monday and I hoard event keys too… but I still feel like the first kingdom shouldn’t be Shentang but sth more established.

3 Likes

No kidding! After creating multiple restrictive teams daily for well over two years the OP struck me as some who just stated playing Gems of War this Tuesday. Some days I even create TRIPLE restrictive teams to finish three or four tasks with one team.

PS: I’m glad I didnt post my initial thoughts, and posted instead how to ‘mitigate’ the non-existent bad planning by using Event Keys.

2 Likes

do you think casual guilds have so much event keys?
even i with level 1000+ have only 24 per week
casual players how much keys do they get ten or less
all i hear is you can buy that with gems or with glory or with whatever
but i am sure low player cannot. and they dont have the best troops in all kingdoms
to build a good team to win.so maybe they can use four mushrooms? idk

2 Likes

there actually a rule in coded to the gamemode that wont let you use other troops during the raid?or its a guideline as you can use any troops you want in gw it just gets you more points if you use full color team?

2 Likes

yes i think so .only event troops allowed next weeks raid .not what troops you like

And we are supposed to have a devoted team slot for it… since I don’t see it in my troop menu. I am assuming that it will be tied to the Raid menu. So it would seem feasible that from that Raid menu we will have access to only Raid Kingdom troops and Hero Weapons.

Still excited!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah sirrian already mentionned each new mode will get their own team slot

So if players want to buy the super killer troop for the Event (the one with x3 to x5 damage), they surely have to go through buying kingdom-of-the-week troops.

Did you save gems? :slight_smile:

With the gw now every 3 week it gonna be impossible to do it every week, i really hope we can win some gems during these new game modes.

Edit: also i see we can buy more sigils like i was affraid, it really going to be a pay 2 win

Yes I hope there will some baance between rewards and what we need to spend. Like enough ressources for one copy of the troop but if you want to get it to mythic, you will need to use your stock of gems.

I guess that it will a limited number of sigils… but yeah not a big fan.

Even if it’s limited, people willing to spend every day will get huge avantage since you win guild rewards and individual rewards based on the leaderboard

2 Likes

Hi @Saltypatra and @Sirrian i just saw you were online, sorry to bother you but i just wanted to know if you guys will be able to post more details about raid boss event before it start?

I’m not online you have seen nothing…

3 Likes

So it’s a no? :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to this. I enjoy making new GW teams and I think it could be fun having to use only certain troops that I never use. I just hope it isn’t as easy as dungeons or as repetitive as PvP.

1 Like

Wait… How am I supposed to win without Infernus? :thinking:
Back in the day when event troops could have a 50% buff. I used to make new teams every week for PVP with mainly event troops.
Though I’m not opposed to the idea. It’s definitely going to give players in top Guilds a huge advantage. Since they are the ones with the luxury of being able to…

1. Have all the event troops
  2. Have all the souls to level up at least 4 Troops
  3. Have all the Traitstones necessary to fully trait those troops.

It’s definitely going to be interesting how the raids balance. I can think of at least a few Kingdoms where there’s zero synergy when using 4 troops from that kingdom.

2 Likes

So all I have to do is build teams around Dawnbringer? Ahh too easy then. :wink:

1 Like

i can’t imagine wanting to dawnbringer the boss… uncolor blocking it would be a bad idea, unless its a complete pushover in health/armor.