Raid boss Questions and answers

The question is, if i go help another team close a portal, will i get the rewards again? :slight_smile:

Only one way to know! :grinning: Lol

2 Likes

you can come and test it ryan if you like

1 Like

I will let you test it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you can get rewards twice you keep creating new guild and finish the stage that give gems over and over

1 Like

I told my people to go only go to Tier 3.
So we still have a portal to close. Iā€™ll be happy to test on Sunday though.
Until then Iā€™ll leave you with this funnyā€¦
The new modes are built to Raid your bank account, and Invade your networth. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I figured how to do raid boss 100% free
You just need people willing to not get every rewards

So letā€™s say 60 people work together, the first 30 do their fight untill they are out of sigils and then they rotate with the 30 other. Rince and repeat every day

I can see 2 or 3 sister guild doing it and save gems :slight_smile:

@Ozball, do you think the team can work on making win/loss counter like in pvp so we know how well we did with our sigils?

1 Like

Are there plans to rework the cost of buying sigils in the shop? 500 seems pretty steep when you are having to wait for just 4 per day.

2 Likes

Sirrian:

I have not been playing Gems of War as long as some people, but I have decades of experience with online games and significant experience with free-to-play games. In 2015, Riot Games made an estimated $1.5 billion through their only title League of Legends. League of Legends, which launched in 2008, puts none of its content behind a paywall or behind resources that cannot be accumulated at a rate reasonable for acquisition of champion content. Moreover, while some of the paid content can accelerate your acquisition of champions and summoner experience, nothing prevents the entirely free-to-play player from accessing all game modes and the full range of the game play experience. The paid content in League of Legends is primarily cosmetic; it exists in the form of champion skins, summoner icons, ward skins, and other elements that have no impact on game play. And, while the game play experience is constantly evolving and certain mechanics that required resources no longer exist, Riot even added mechanisms that allow completely free-to-play players to access elements of paid content.

It seems to me that if Riot Games can make $1.5 billion dollars in a single fiscal year without putting any game play behind what effectively constitutes a pay wall, then Infinity Plus 2 could find creative ways to engage the player base that donā€™t require gating resources and event access in ways that marginalize new players and free-to-play players.

Players cannot accumulate in-game currencies in Gems of War fast enough to keep up with content, which is a huge mistake. It will prevent new players from fully enjoying the game and dissuade existing players from investing anymore money into the game.

5 Likes

Nicely said this is exactly me

But now since itā€™s a P2W maybe we will see the gems prices drops? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lmao 10 char

1 Like

Do we know if the troops accompanying Zuulā€™Goth will be Karakoth troops every event? Or will they rotate? I wouldnā€™t mind not seeing Tzathoth for a while.

Iā€™m really not sure. It sort-of makes sense that the minions bursting through the portal would be the same every time (just to be consistent lore-wise), but it will make a mode that felt stale after 3 days even more of a drudge-fest.

1 Like

I wonder if rewards will be the same then raid boss and invasion, not sure if there is a leaderboard or if itā€™s only individual milestone rewards

Shop will probably be the same so my guess is yes there will be a leaderboard

2 Likes

I see it as being the about same. Only difference is itā€™s solo not guild. Just a guess based on previous 2 events. I think this one is any team you want to use. Still will have gem sink p2w mechanics.

2 Likes

Yup unless the rewards are so awesome, im only going to buy tier 2 for the troop then do what i can do with what i got.

Since itā€™s only solo i donā€™t feel the need to perform very well and spend gems

3 Likes

It should be a lot easier to decide what this event is worth to us, since we wonā€™t have to balance guild contributions against personal rewards. Iā€™m curious to see how this is going to work - hopefully the preview thread pops up soonā€¦

If this event is special enough to only be 3 days a month, then Iā€™m hoping the personal rewards arenā€™t disappointing. Basically, already setting myself up for disappointment.

Edit: Because, I canā€™t imagine a week where Raid or Invasion AND Bounty mode is going to end well if Bounty is underwhelming.

2 Likes