Raid boss Questions and answers

not worth it in the slightest wonder if theyll be forced to lower or just ignore and pretend this is fine xD

RAID is not working for me

2 Likes

Unless someone can explain this in a way to me where this is fun and rewarding, Iā€™m having a hard time not telling myself this is pure BS.

likeā€¦ how far into portal closing rewards do I have to look to see that it is actually worth the gem investment? or am I underestimating the value of a major orb of chaosā€¦ which is random?

Getting the same errorā€¦ Internal Error.

Weā€™re aware of some people still getting Internal Errors and are working on a fix.

1 Like

180,000 damage to the Boss for the last Portal means 6,000 by memberā€¦ Thatā€™s going to be ā€œfunā€ā€¦

EDIT: Just get pass the Internal Error and buy sme tier. Turned out itā€™s not like Event Key at all, because all Rarity of Troops are included, even Common and rare. I buy tier with 8 random, and got 1 Penglong with 3 Common with 4 others. So the math below is very far offā€¦ T^T

Well, in 7 tier, consider that all 25 Kingdom
Troops are Ultra-Rare and above, each troops worth equal to 1 event keys.

So by calculation, itā€™s 500-(25x15) = 500-375 = 125 gems.

Iā€™m not sure about how much event keys have to spend to gain 1 Epic. So letā€™s estimate it to 50. Thatā€™s only 75 gems left for the rest of things.

As Golds and Souls are both easy to obtain, Iā€™ll take it out of calculation. That mean one sigil in this tier is worth 75Ć·20 = 3.75 on average. So I think if I have some gems to spare, I would consider buying it, as itā€™s just a better alternative to buy a bunch of event keys.

Still, all this calculation is based by the fact that you need event keys to Mythic some troops. If you have already done that, the whole things fall apart. At least this week is based on new kingdomā€¦

2 Likes

If it helps, im getting the internal error, and the forums are loading slowly, some assets, such as images, avatars etc arent loading at all.

So, how many people would need to unlock tier 3 for example? If a guild has 5 1k+ and the rest are low level would all 30 be required to fight the boss in the hopes of winning or would a ā€˜few high levelā€™ be able to do it to benefit the whole guild?

It depends of how many portals you want to closeā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™ll see this week I guessā€¦

Iā€™m titan class but my hero is not starting with half mana. Is this intended? @Ozball

Edit, nevermind its just the tutorial bug again for valraven this time.

Havenā€™t looked at it fully but iInstead of earning Gems in Guild Wars we now spend them to play Raidsā€¦ is that sustainable? How does anyone ever earn enough Gems to use VIP keys on mythic weeks?

1 Like

Yeah that was my main concern. To make these purchases at least appealing to collectors we should receive more of the new troop at earlier tiers.

Also knowing for sure how valuable these kingdoms cards pulls is important. As in, they are similar to what? Glory Keys? Gem Keys? Event Keys? They have their own poll of possible drops from multiple Commons up to Mythics?

@Alpheon or @Sirrian can any of you give some insight about these questions above? A respectable business man/woman/thing must do his best to convince people that their offers are the best! :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve spent hundreds of gems to unlock tier 5 and had ten back. Iā€™ve also received event troops that would have saved me event keys. If the devs are going to drop this on us then they should certainly be explaining what is going on to their community. This is gems of destiny. A huge time and resource sink for little reward. Iā€™ll hang around til Iā€™ve no gems left then I shall reevaluate the situation before deciding whether to walk away from a truly endgame high level vip 6 account. How on earth do I receive worthwhile rewards for this other than sinking more and more gems to try and get higher up the leaderboards? Diminishing returns spring to mind.
The communication and explanation for this release was practically zero and it feels like the devs are truly trying to drain the resources from long term players.

5 Likes

ā€œOh heyā€, I thought yesterday. ā€œI hope Raid will be fun so that I will come back to this game.ā€

Hahahahaha. Nope.

That shop alone makes my decision to quit stick only more. Well, Iā€™ll wait for next week to see how the last event is, but the rewards for Raid are crap, the gem cost is insanely high and I absolutely cannot believe that I - I, the PVP hater - already miss GW like crazy.
Donā€™t get me wrong: Iā€™m glad that itā€™s not another mode where first place gets a million gems and the rest gets nothing. But the thing is that even in a lottery, you spend a lot of money in hopes of winning the elusive jackpot. In this mode, you spend a lot of gems forā€¦ absolutely nothing, basically. The weapon is bad, the troop is okay-but-pretty-bad and I donā€™t even know what could justify buying any of the stuff. I mean, Iā€™m sure a lot of people try this week (I did, too), but I know for sure that at least I wonā€™t do it ever again.

Iā€™m glad when itā€™s over. I want to give everything a chance, butā€¦ yeah. I never spent any gems on Sentinels, I actually did spend gems to get the Hook Sword to see how it works in Raid Boss (spoiler: It pretty much sucks) and yeah, never again.

Thereā€™s also the fact that newer players wonā€™t win a thing. You basically need several (good) troops of a kingdom traited AND spend gems. How is that doable for new players?

The only thing I like about Raid boss so far is the fact that the sigils are added on top of each other. So if I donā€™t wanna play for half the week, I can just sit down on Sunday and use up the accumulated sigils in one swoop then. Thatā€™s really nice; wish GW had that. It makes it feel less like a chore or a job and thatā€™s good.

9 Likes

Do you even get trophies or anything from these?

I have the sneaking (sinking?) suspicion that at daily reset the minions and mini-bosses must be battled through again. Does anyone remember a dev explaining the day-to-day behavior of the raid bosses?

2 Likes

Is anyone able to briefly explain how the ā€œdamage dealtā€ score is calculated? I had assumed you got points towards that for damage dealt to the raid boss, but someone in my guild has more damage dealt with a lower raid boss level than me (and neither of us lost any fights).

How is this possible?

1 Like

New question: does Barrier block Annihilation?