Raid Boss: Feedback and suggestions

How about a grand prize sent to mail for the highest player on all, now that would be nice!

1 Like

Just one more thought: that person down at rank 76 who is at boss level 500 has had a nearly perfect run.

The minimum amount of damage you can have done to be showing up as boss level L+5 is

(L^2)/5 + 9*L - 180

So in my screenshot above, I am at boss level 175, so my L would be 170 — that’s the highest level I’ve beaten so far. Plugging that into the formula, the minimum amount of damage I can do is 7130. Since that’s the exact amount I’ve been credited, you can see that my run has been perfect at these relatively low levels. (Note that this will almost surely change, since my next fight is against 3 Tomes of Evil.)

If you’re appearing at level 500 on the leaderboard, you have definitely beaten level 495. The minimum amount of damage you can have done is 53280. The person down at rank 76 is at boss level 500 and has done 55,205 damage. That’s just a handful of losses, which would increase your damage dealt but not your boss level. Possibly just one loss, since they could have beaten boss level 500 already.

So, good job @MickiTheFox!

6 Likes

Here’s my feedback on Raid Bosses.

At the onset and on paper I love the idea of the mode. Scaling difficulty is very like old-school arcade games, where you put a quarter in and the game is about maximizing how far you can get on that quarter. In all of those games, you KNOW you are eventually going to lose due to scaling difficulty.

So for the first few days, I really liked it. It was interesting to laser-focus on killing one opponent using troops I’d normally consider “not competitive”. Choosing Shentang early meant forcing a lot of mid-game players to be far less efficient. Some probably feel that’s unfair, but it’s just as easy to call it “challenging”. The sigils meant I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to experiment and tweak. Monday through Wednesday I was very positive.

Thursday or so is when the magic wore off. IIRC this is around when the first guilds hit portal 10, and it was definitely where I started hitting the upper bounds of what my team could handle. This had a very frustrating effect: every day, I had to face a team that I knew would be cheesy and it was only for a fraction of my guild’s progress. It also had to stink for the post-portal 10 people because there are no rewards for playing past that point. By today, I hated my 4 matches becuase I knew it was likely I’d lose every match, but I’m one of the highest performers in my clan so I owed it to everyone to do it.

So it’s got the feeling of the old arcade games, only what happens after “game over” is every time you play, you start at that level that killed you. So the first quarter’s worth 2-3 minutes of play, and every quarter thereafter is only worth the 30-60 seconds it takes to lose. That’s not an attractive prospect.

So I think there are some ways to fix it. It’s clear from the first few days there is something fun and exciting about the RB mode. It has two key flaws:

• High-end players have nothing to do once the portals are opened.
  • Lower-end players can quickly reach a frustrating wall and only play out of guild obligation.

I think the best way to address both is to make it more of an individual rush. Instead of sigils, you get one shot daily. You play until you lose twice, like Arena. Your final “score” is not so much “damage dealt”, but “number of wins”, which loosely will correspond to damage dealt. You get individual rewards based on number of wins, and the guild gets points based on your performance for guild rewards. That might be a boring grind through the early levels daily, so maybe there should be options to skip to levels 50 or 100 that somehow boost your rewards to make up for the lower starting number of wins.

I feel like that’d make the mode last a little longer before getting boring as heck. The individual rewards might give players something to do after portal 10. For players that can’t participate at a high level, there’s still a, “Can I beat my personal best?” And you don’t have to lose 4 games in a row “just to help my clan”.

3 Likes

Shhhhhhh!
Don’t let the devs hear about mang lol

3 Likes

Do you think their data can tell what team we used and how effective it was, if so we are All doomed!

1 Like

Not only do I think, I almost know!
Devs, and I think Sirrian, once mentioned packet size that went back after a win/loss and it was ~100k.

So they are getting everything they need

1 Like

I bought the tiers, I chased down the top spot, it was a lot of fun with the challenges, but at the end of the week, my gold hasn’t went anywhere and my resources are still the same as they were. It’s not a very good feeling that that’s my first place prize.

I hope invasions give more for rewards as this is what they expect us to do all week, usually by Monday I have 2 million for the guild and this week I’m sitting on 600,000.

The gnomes were fun but not very rewarding either.

Please fix this before it’s too late and we all walk away, plenty of new games are approaching so bring the fun back, of course we like grinding, so please make it worth while.

Beating a level 500 boss isn’t that great when I get nothing!!! Thanks for the new content, but please think about everything next time before releasing it.

Very dissappointing and discouraging. That a ten second explore is more rewarding.

The jokes on us, you got us, very funny, now can we have the right balance as you took gnomes away within 1 hour, but make us deal with this all week and stay quiet.

I’m trying to stay positive here, but it’s getting harder each time a update comes out.

What is the goal here? To push us away?

2 Likes

It sure does feel like it.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll send us another compensation pack, for being such amazing beta testers for them, a celebration for the new update. 500,000 gold to everyone!!!

1 Like

I think the biggest problem with the raids is it started with a new kingdom with new troops. Factor in the low rewards for the time spent playing raid and boom! I think rewards will be dialed up to mirror GW or PvP battles. Trophies, gold, and glory. I think it will get better once we get to use troops we’re all accustomed to using. Just trying to stay optimistic here guys.

3 Likes

Streaming my last 17 fights on ps4, it’s going to be a close call for 1st, I think I bought teir 7 5 times now if I’m not mistaken, the challenge was pretty fun.

Almost all mythic. I did not have many event keys either.

2 Likes

I don’t dislike the idea but…

Without repeating what has already been written, I would just add one simple thing. After portal 9 or 10 the battles are really long and… well, boring.
Most of times what happens is:
1- Mang strikes
2- Godslayer strikes
3- Boss kills Mang or Godslayer or
4- Boss dies
5- Mang or Godslayer die
so we have to face the remaining enemy troops, which are over 300 HP, with troops that deal 30 to 40 damage. Long, and well, boring.

5 Likes

It would be nice if we can receive trophies during Raid. Perhaps have it as:
Up to level 100: 1 trophy per battle
Level 101-200: 2 trophies per battle
Level 200+: 3 trophies per battle

6 Likes

Well, he’s from Spain, so I wonder if he plans on trying in the am one more time. I may need to do 20 more to secure the lead.

How high are the other servers going?

I notice I can win most of the time, but when a valraven shows up, it’s over.

isn’t suppose to be easier when he escape? only 3 troop to kill

1 Like

My team this week. As promised.

1 Like

Yeah, but I want those sigils and no, he just quick fills the ai.

ABSOLUTY do NOT add more Portals! Period. Sure, scatter in some rewards considering the Developers forgot to include real rewards on the Guild side in the first place. I can only image what the twisted reality of something like this proposal would look like after it goes through the publisher process.

PS I enjoy your posts, there are great. However, more Portals is not something I would like to ever see.

3 Likes

Mang seems a mandatory weapon for this Event…
In fact, I don’t see how this Event could work without it…
At the same time, I don’t believe that devs add a mode around one weapon.

2 Likes