PvP rankings are a joke

You are right. I sure havent encountered any player abobe level 500 that’s not in a guild.
One might think its funny there are so many of them but we dont encounter them.
About 95% of player i encounter in pvp are all in guilds.
And to be clear when i say encounter - get matched with in pvp.

7 Likes

Just saying, i PLAY a lot … Last week a new record for me of 72k pts, PvP #7 - around 1,500 games played all by myself - if tyhere are bots out there then I’m not one of them - so please don’t bucket ALL heavy players as bots (etc)!

10 Likes

i didnt agree to the idea to “lock” whole ranked mode after a certain count since it gives more gold/glory then casual but if it simply stopped granting points it could work
i like the idea, and 1000 fights sounds reasonable

i dont think that is needed, ppl with weak defense get more defense looses therefore points are balanced? system that takes your decision away and sets automatic defense team for you would be horrible

2 Likes

@Saltypatra

I don’t want to throw gasoline on the fire but this statement is going to need some further clarification.

I just checked the PVP leaderboard and there isn’t a single player in the top 100 that isn’t in a guild. Not even one.

9 Likes

What is Ricky’s name on Console? If an Xbox or PS4?

Nor this ever happen. There are some players who change guilds but are still always in guilds.

That’s why I asked for clarification.

She said that a lot of the top players aren’t “active in guilds”.

Does that mean that they aren’t in guilds at all?

Or did she mean to say “in active guilds”.

I would probably need to see a psychiatrist, but I have been keeping tracks for a long while of the opponents I was facing who were reaching lvl 1000.
There are now hundreds of them, and I have given up trying to noting them all, but I am still keeping note of the level of the highest level opponents I am facing.
Right now I am aware of about 125 people above lvl 1100 (of course my data are not exhaustive, there are probably 150 people above lvl 110 at the very least). Among those I am aware of, all those who are still active have a guild. About 20% of them are in a guild that is not in the top 50.

7 Likes

It seems quite obvious, to anyone with an open mind, that the leaderboard playerbase is bloated in some fashion.

1 Like

Which means 80% of them are in guilds in the top 50, yes?

1 Like

Exactly. (10 char)

2 Likes

Were on the X1. Psychonaz666.

He’s at 20k PvP points already, no one near him until the cluster all around 15k. Guess he is a bot, although I thought bots aren’t supposed to identify themselves :wink:

3 Likes

,hmmm, must be nice having bits play for you, I get about 2500 points per day and extras on the weekend, 20000 by reset normally, stinking Life and a job keeping me busy, lol, just glad I can make the top in PS4 still but it seems to be getting attention more and more. Thx.

Salty mentioned that a lot of high LEVEL players aren’t in active guilds. Not necessarily high (pvp) RANK players. So it’s likely that there are a large number of high level players doing lots of PVP.

The main thing to remember, and this has been touched upon a couple times in this thread, not being in a guild lowers your Team Power considerably. So all the unguilded players are MUCH less likely to get matched up against people like DonBoba and Aelthwyn because of how the PVP matchmaking works (in that it takes into account your guilds progress as well as the individual players).

People are assuming that if someone is above level 1000 then they must be in a guild, and what Salty is saying is that this isn’t necessarily the case. And anyone above level 1000 who IS in a guild will likely never see these players in PVP. So it is technically possible that there are ~20,000 or so players all doing 600+ who aren’t guilded filling up the ranks above DonBoba that we just do not see as opponents in PVP.

I’m not saying that this is what is happening, but that’s what I interpreted from @Saltypatra’s statement. Easiest way to test this would be for a high level player to play a few weeks unguilded PVP and see how their opponents change in terms of level and guilded-ness. (I’d offer, but I’m only around level 350 at the moment… so not sure if my results would be properly relevant)

2 Likes

Oh, I get it. This is all speculation based on an extremely limited data set.

1 Like

Yes but im a nice bot, i send bug video when i find some and i open the door for the ladies

5 Likes

I just reviewed data for 12 of the top 50 players who aren’t in top 50 guilds. Looking at that, it seems to bear out a bunch of these players do prefer to play solo. For example, a player has contributed 14 mil but guild statues are only level 26. In another example player has donated 3.5mil gold this week, yet all tasks are not completed. Another is level 1153 player who’s donated 60mil to his guild, but statues are only level 67. A level 1164 player who donated 86mil but statues are only level 70. In addition to these players who appear to be solo, there are a couple that seem to be very new (within the last couple weeks).

I also did find a few players on the leaderboard that weren’t part of top 50 guilds but were part of the same guild. And the gold contributions and statue levels seem to suggest that these are high level guilds that are hovering just outside the top 50, and/or are growing pretty fast.

Some of these accounts could be bots, how many is anybodies guess. However, the data seems to show legit patterns that would suggest that (1) the leaderboard is working/displaying accurately and (2) there are many non top guild players. There is no evidence to suggest “fake data created by the devs” (unless you believe the “conspiracy” also includes putting together complete and realistic history outside of what is visible in the game, and in that case I can’t help you).

As for @Saltypatra’s comment, hopefully she replies to clarify. But my guess is she meant they were in guilds, just not high performing ones.

5 Likes

I do know if players dont go in global, or look on these forums that they probably dont realize how many higher guilds are looking for players like them. They either started their own guild, or joined random one.

2 Likes

I encounter players from 4k points strength to 9700.
So i fight all of them, those above level 500 arent below those team points.

Pvp console definitely changed within the last 6 months. There used to be a limit of defence battles you fought, now I login to 30 def wins 45 def losses.

Pvp points per battle might not have changed, but what else did?

1 Like