PVP Changes

nice when you have 2 or more takshaka but many dont have 1 or or many only have 1. I’m vip 20 if vip rank went higher i probably be vip 40-60 by now but i dont have stellarix there is less high levels that have either b/c of low drop ratios. the devs broke pvp like they broke gw.

3 Likes

Firat let me add my voice to the DONT nerf any more troops/xlasses in an attempt to fix this mode -crowd

When the first pvp update was releaseed, i spent an inordinate amount of time playing the mode. I was having fun. Since the latest update, i find it tedious and free of fun. Ive barely played the mode.

I know one of the metrics you use to measure a games success is player engagement and time spent on the server and im sure you can see the stats for before the update and after.

Id honestly like to see a revert back to the pre-fix condition.

One other bugbear. The fact that when u are offered three opponents, two of those opponenets remain in the group of three until you decide to play them, is highly irritating.

7 Likes

I’m not sure how that makes any difference. The same folks will also have the best troops and weapons for kingdoms - there will still be meta teams, just different ones. Only it will be harder for lower level players because they mostly won’t have access to their best weapons or troops.

1 Like
3 Likes

c’mon. Having Stellarix I can penetrate those teams 9/10 times, don’t care if losing, retreat + continue.

The issue is NOT high level players. Back in 2022 I was climbing the pvp with beetrix solely and it was quite a challenge for a newbie. Now I have no idea what newbies supposed to think about pvp. No chance surviving if you don’t have those lvl 100 elementalist + wand.

High level players are OKayish in terms of play-ability. It’s some players who irritated by comeback of Elementalist class into the enemy team. The problem lies beneath - who you going to play against when all the new players cannot enter the mode until milestones (may take a year to get Stellarix) are met.

1 Like

Every time something on the game gets nerfed or banned, people leave completely or at least spend less time playing and therefore less time paying. Myself included.

Nerfing troops isn’t the solution for dealing with flaws that could have been avoided in the first place.

Even though it’s boring to go against Stellarix teams over and over again, that’s not the initial problem. If Stellarix gets banned, it’s Diamantina. If it’s not Diamantina, it’s another cosmic or boss dragon. If it’s not a dragon, it’s Zuul’Goth or Ctharrasque. If it’s not Z or C, it’s a goblin team …

And it wasn’t the journey troops back then as well.

Let’s say, all of these troops and half of the weapons and classes get banned and areas get restricted down to colours or kingdoms that won’t change much as long as the basic problems don’t get solved.

We already have restrictions on several game modes and usually they’re the least interesting part of the game. While those with no restrictions are those that most people prefer. :thinking:

8 Likes

I am hoping that this can evolve into a new and better form of PvP that will of course somehow wrap GW into the aspect as well. So far, the game play has been a bit underwhelming to be honest.

The area limitations are forcing scenarios that have a few “good” teams and then you run that team against nearly 100% of opponents running very nearly the same team. Region limitations do not allow much for the construction of a countering team.

This style of play leaves much of the actual play in the hands of RNG and you can toss a coin if you will get lucky enough to win or not. Game play strategy and countering team development are largely removed and is just down to simple “luck”.

It feels strangely reminiscient of playing Call of Duty or similar where one’s success should be measured by a K/D Ratio now. That has never been a style of game play that I personally enjoy much…I dont like to die. lol

I am all for development of a new and hopefully improved mode, but this is not feeling “fun” or even “challenging” in the current state. Perhaps the addition of an “open” Defense team for each Region would change things up a bit and return this mode to something closer to what GW was ?

Hoping for added improvements/refinement.

Piggy - Dominant

4 Likes

My Day 2 reactions agree with many of the above comments.

1. There was probably no need to make the VP adjustment since it appears very few below Lvl 1,500 are playing now. Feedback from our guild family is that they just don’t have the troops to play time and time again against Wand of Stars or Ruby Macaque combined with Stellarix, 3 X Takasockya, 2 X Ahries, etc.

2. Congratulations! You actually have me now enjoying Central Spire more than any other kingdom. We face a greater variety of teams and have our full hand of tools available to beat them. Makes me yearn for the former PvP, tbh.

8 Likes

@Kafka are there still plans for pvp season 2?
Are you still maybe want to bring in defense losses?

If it is about my post, I actually like to get writs and deeds, it’s boring so I do it while watching something else, but when I get them, feels good, maybe it’s some gambling effect.

1 Like

What’s strange is

You started this game , was a noob.
Did everything on your list, apart from new PvP

And you didn’t quit. :rofl::rofl:.

I see a lot of comments, using noobs as there reason for complaining.
Your post explains every reason why, the complaints are not , because people are thinking of the noobs.
As there all reasons, (apart from PvP). That have been around for years.

I quit 5 times on PC, Xbox & Switch. It was twice as easy for Noobs then. Now it’s just a slog. They’re slowly taking away everything that helps Noobs before lvl 1000. Sure we could just tell them to run GaPs like usual, but wow. Sorry Noob. You’ll need to wait 4 more weeks before U can really do anything to progress.

3 Likes

Seems like there is a handful of people that treat this game like a career and they like the change. But for most this just a game to pass some time. Not a lifestyle career. I enjoyed the original change to PvP. It was fun and easy.

Now PvP is absolutely miserable and nerfs are incoming. So all those rare weapons troops are going to be worthless. Congrats on ruining your game. :clap:

6 Likes

Heyas, lots has been posted here overnight, just popping my head in to say I read it all and am up to date.

Here is a quick and brief summary from the top of my head of what was posted over night. I will go back over the entire thread and other places we received PVP feedback with a fine tooth comb later this is just high level stuff:

• Want more variety in opponent teams

• Note: There was code in the old PVP system to be biased towards showing PVP opponents who had a different defense team - I’ve asked for this to be reviewed and checked
  • Want clear Easy > Normal > Hard opponent options

• Want Opponents to be based on Team Score, not level, for this reason
  • Apply PVP region restrictions to Hero Classes

• Note: I have concern this would make PVP more difficult for most of the player base
  • Want the Elementalist class reviewed and possibly rebalanced (nerfed)

• Particularly review Elementalist + Wand of Stars combination
  • Want a more efficient way to farm Class XP

• Note: This doesn’t have to be a solution provided in PVP even if it was the way to farm Class XP in the old system.
  • Want an easy way to manage teams in PVP

• Want to be able to set PVP defense teams - not use attack teams as the defense team

• In relation to defense teams: the dev team already agreed to surface a way to test teams like how we used to be able to test our teams easily. No ETA yet (not sure which update this will be included in).
  • Want to be able to farm for Pet Gnomes, not having Casual PVP is making this very difficult

• Note: If this isn’t solved by the feedback about having clear easy and normal opponent options, maybe this is something we can address in a different game mode?
18 Likes

To clarify: don’t nerf weapons, classes, or troops. Just fix it so that we have variety again with clear low middle high. The current meta/meta/meta doesn’t work.

14 Likes

The whole idea of “PVP” in this game has never made sense. It’s time to retire that notion and revert the defenses back to AI generated like explore and the rest of the game already is.

As soon as your company made the decision not to let players choose to make defense teams you also chose to cut the only thread you had to claim that it’s player vs player.

2 Likes

I am free to play 0 rank VIP and have 3 takshaka. I have 65K gems, 130 Greater Clan Orbs, 210 minor. 40K clan seals. Not sure why you did not get at least 3 when it was an easy pull.

1 Like

How about reset PVP to before the changes and add in the books and pets. Done.

It’s all pve. Honestly, in GOW PvP you are playing against the AI opponents. That is PvE, not PvP. It really does not matter if a human put the team together, that human is not actively playing their turn. The computer is.

It’s beyond the stupidest idea ever, to balance the troops, weapons and classes around a mode that isn’t even what it pretends to be. So the answer to your question is you revert the enemy teams back to the random, (no hero) ai teams and quit pretending that pvp is actually a thing in GoW.

3 Likes

This is not working currently. See my screenshots from today below. The teams look mostly low/mid/high due to team score, but look at the difference in VP. These are way too close together. The latest fix just pushed everything to the middle. I would expect to see VP levels 0-30 in T1, 31-60 in T2 and 60+ in T3. Order of battles shown below is 3,2,1.

4 Likes